Hopeless Hearts

New Town, New Friends

I stood in front of my new school, staring up at the cold looking, old brick building, my black hair blowing slightly in the light breeze. I had just moved to New Jersey from my beloved home in New York. I had been torn away from my close friends at my age of 17. I was now entering the 11th grade, and today was my first day at a new school. I knew no one. I had spent the time before school moping in my house. But now I was forced to leave my house to go to this school where I would be forced to realize just how alone I now was.

I took a deep breath and headed into the building. The halls were empty because I had decided to come early so I could figure out where my classes were. I had gotten my schedule and locker information in the mail, so I started out looking for my locker. I wandered the halls staring at the blank white walls of the hallway, lined with blue lockers. The floor was also blue and white. Soon I found my locker and carefully opened it with the combination I had. I opened my locker and slipped off the light coat I was wearing and placed it in my locker. I had my book bag and kept it with me so I could figure out what I needed for each of my classes. As I closed my locker, students came trickling into the hallway. Best friends were reuniting in the hallways; talking about what classes they had first period. It was then I remembered I had no one to share that with.

I started walking down the hallway, looking at my schedule and looking at room numbers trying to find my first class. I looked at my schedule again and must have looked at a second too long because I ran right into someone.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed, looking at the floor, embarrassed. Then to my surprise, the person I had run in to laughed. I looked up to see a guy with shoulder length black hair and hazel eyes.

"Don't worry about it," he said. "It's an honor to have such a beautiful girl run into me on the first day of school."

I looked at the floor again, feeling myself blush.

"My name is Gerard," said the guy. I looked up.

"I'm Claire," I said.

"Are you new here?" Gerard asked, smiling.

"Yes," I said.

"So, I assume you don't have any friends, right?" asked Gerard, placing his hands on his hips.

"Unfortunately, you're right," I said.

"Well then, I am claiming you as my new friend!" Gerard said cheerfully. "So, let me help you find your first class, new friend!"

I handed him my schedule and he looked at it.

"Yay! We have our first class together!" said Gerard, grabbing my arm and pulling toward our first class. I knew then that Gerard would probably become one of my best friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! I'm new here. I have an account on Quizilla but I didn't get much feedback so I'm going to try this site. So, I would really just love some feedback. This story should be updated pretty quickly since it's already written. Plus the sequel. I already posted this on my Quizilla account.
~Sally