Hopeless Hearts

Lunch Time

Later in the day, when it was time for lunch, I headed nervously toward the cafeteria. Cafeterias were the worst, especially when you are new because you don’t know where to sit since you don’t know anyone. I only had my first class with Gerard so I hadn’t seen him since first period. I started toward the lunch line when I heard someone calling my name.

“Claire!” called the voice. I turned around and saw Gerard waving at me, so I headed over to where he was. “Come with me so you can meet my friends!”

“Can I get something to eat first?” I asked nervously.

“You don’t want the schools food,” said Gerard, wrinkling his nose. “I always bring lunch for me and the guys, so you can have some of that.”

“Ok,” I said, reluctantly following Gerard outside. He went over to the side of the building where there was four guys sitting against the wall.

“Hey guys!” exclaimed Gerard cheerfully. “I want you assholes to meet my new friend, Claire.” Gerard pointed at me as he said this. I kind of smiled and gave a slight wave.
Gerard grabbed my arm and dragged me closer to the group, standing me in front of a guy with craziest, light brown hair I had ever seen. “This is Ray,” Gerard said, pointing to the crazy haired guy. He then pushed me over in front of another guy, who also had light brown hair, which was a lot neater and also wore glasses. “This is my little brother Mikey.” Then I was in front of a guy with short blonde hair. “This is Bob.” Finally, Gerard pushed me in front of the final guy, who had been quietly smoking. He had brown hair and gorgeous greenish eyes. He also had a lip ring. “ And finally,” said Gerard, “This is Frank.”
Frank looked at me for a second before looking away and staring at something in the distance.

“Don’t mind him,” Gerard said to me. “He’s always bitchy on the first day of school.”

I didn’t know what to say, so I just stood there. Without warning my stomach made a loud grumbling noise.

“My God,” said Mikey, looking up from a book he was reading. He looked at me, and I blushed slightly. “Was that your stomach?”

I nodded, looking at the ground.

“Claire,” said Gerard. I looked over at him and he handed me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

“Thank you,” I said. Gerard sat on the ground next to Frank against the wall. He patted the spot next to him, indicating I should sit there. So I did, and I started eating my sandwich. We all sat in silence, eating our lunches and waiting for the period to end.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know these are boring, but please don't give up! Feedback?
~Sally