Hopeless Hearts

Everything is Good

Frank’s P.O.V.

I woke suddenly to banging somewhere at the front of the house. I looked next to me and saw Claire sleeping peacefully beside me despite the loud noises. I got out of my bed and pulled on a pair of my boxers before going to the front door of my house where the banging noise was coming from.

I opened the door to find a worried looking Gerard standing there.

“Have you seen Claire?!” asked Gerard, “I went to her house and nobody was there and--”

“She’s fine,” I said calmly, interrupting Gerard. “She’s here.”

Gerard sighed and stepped into my house.

“Good,” he said. “She was a little drunk when she left my house yesterday, so I was worried something had happened to her when she wasn’t at her house.”

I just nodded. I stared at Gerard for a moment before saying, “Claire told me what happened between you two.”

Gerard looked up at me quickly.

“Oh,” said Gerard, looking down. “I’m really sorry.”

“It’s ok,” I replied. “Just don’t let it happen again.”

Gerard nodded his head and looked around.

“Where’s Claire?” Gerard asked.

“Sleeping in my room,” Frank said.

“So, I assume you two made up,” said Gerard, smiling.

“Yeah,” I said, also smiling.

Regular P.O.V.

I woke up again to find myself alone in Frank’s bed. I could hear Frank and someone else talking quietly somewhere in the house. I got out of the bed and quietly made my way to where Frank’s voice was coming from. I went into the kitchen to find Frank and Gerard both eating a sandwich. Seeing their food made my stomach growl. Loudly. They stopped talking and looked in my direction.

“Was that your stomach?” asked Frank.

“Yeah,” I said. “I guess I’m kind of hungry.”

“You can make a sandwich if you want” said Frank. “Everything’s in the fridge.”

I just nodded my head and walked over to the refrigerator. I got the stuff I needed and quickly made a sandwich. After making it and putting everything back into the refrigerator, I sat down next to Frank to eat my sandwich.

I noticed Gerard was staring at me and it was making me uncomfortable.

“What?” I said, looking at Gerard.

“Nothing,” he said. “Just wondering if you’re ok.”

“I’m fine,” I said.

Frank looked at me and smiled as I felt him place his hand on my knee. I looked over at Frank and smiled back.

“Well,” said Gerard while standing up, “I think I’m gonna go. It’s good to see you two worked out your problems.”

“Bye Gerard,” said Frank, giving him a slight wave.

I stood up and went over to Gerard and gave him a hug.

“See you later, Gee,” I said.

“Ok,” he said. “Bye.”

Gerard pulled out of my hug and left. I turned to Frank.

“So,” I said, “What now?”

“I don’t know,” said Frank.

“Well..if you don’t know then I think I’ll go to my house,” I said.

“Ok,” Frank said. He got up and came to stand in front of me. He placed his hand behind my head and brought my face close to his to kiss me. “Bye,” Frank whispered, before kissing me one more time. I pulled away from Frank and went out to my car, and back to my house.