Hopeless Hearts

Sick

~A Few Weeks Later~

Beep beep beep beep

While keeping my eyes closed, I reached my hand over to the demon box that was my alarm clock and pushed the familiar button that shut off the most annoying sound in the world. I lay in my bed for a minute before sitting up in my bed and opening my eyes. Since it was Monday and I had to go to school, I unfortunately had to get up. I stood up and had the sudden feeling of dizziness. I put my hand on my bed to steady myself. I waited for the dizziness to pass, but it didn’t and I suddenly had the urge to throw up.

I ran out of my room, to the bathroom and straight to the toilet where I immediately started vomiting. My mom must have heard because she was soon beside me, holding my hair out of my face and rubbing my back. When I was done I sat back and tried to catch my breath.

“Claire,” my mom said, holding a glass of water she had just gotten towards me. I took the glass and drank some of it. “Why don’t you go back to bed and rest for a little while?”

I just nodded my head and got up to go back to bed. My stomach felt terrible, but I no longer felt like I was going to throw up anymore. I lay down in my bed, and after a while fell asleep.

When I woke up later, I felt better. In fact, I no longer felt sick. I got up and went to the bathroom to take a shower. After my shower I got dressed and went downstairs to get something to eat. I was now aware of how hungry I was. On the fridge my mom had left a note saying she had to go to work today and that she hoped I felt better. I opened the fridge and looked around. I decided to have a sandwich. As I finished making my sandwich, there was a knock on the door. I went to the door and opened the door to find Frank and Gerard there.

“Claire!” exclaimed Frank. He came in the house and hugged me. “Are you ok? You weren’t in school today.”

“Yeah, I got sick earlier today,” I said. “But I feel a lot better now. Hi Gerard.”

“Hey Claire,” Gerard said. He had also come into the house and had closed the door.

“So,” said Frank. “What are you doing?”

“Well, I was just about to eat the sandwich I just finished making when you guys showed up,” I said. “So now I’m going to go eat it.”

I turned and headed to the kitchen with Frank and Gerard following. I ate my sandwich and Frank and Gerard watched me. It was kind of weird.

“If you guys want a sandwich you can make one,” I said.

“I’m fine,” said Frank.

“Me too,” said Gerard.

I finished eating my sandwich.

“Well,” said Frank. “Sorry about the lame visit, but Gerard and I have to go to band practice.”

“Ok,” I said. Frank and Gerard walked toward the front door and I followed them this time.

“Bye Frank,” I said. “Bye Gee.”

“Bye Claire,” said Gerard, smiling.

“Bye,” said Frank, blowing me a kiss.

Frank closed the door and I was alone again.

I went into the living room to watch TV till my mom got home. When she did get home, she came straight into the living room to check on me.

“Claire,” I heard my mom say. I looked away from the TV and over at my mom. “How are you feeling, honey?”

“I feel great,” I said. “It must have just been from getting out of bed to quickly. I was a bit dizzy before I went and threw up.”

“Yeah,” she said. “I’m glad you feel better. I’m going to go cook dinner now.”

I went to bed not long after dinner.

The next morning, I got the same dizzy feeling and found myself in front of the toilet and throwing up again. After I was done my mom looked worried.

“Go get dressed Claire. I want to take you to the doctors,” she said.