Hopeless Hearts

Party Clothes

It was Friday after school, and Gerard had canceled his band practice so he could help me find a costume for tomorrow.

I hadn’t told my mom about the party because I knew she didn’t care. It was only my mom and I in our house. My dad had left when I was a baby. It always felt like it was just me in our house because during the day my mom was involved deeply in her work. She always had many work related things to do, and no time to worry about me. So, like I said she didn’t care what I did, as long as I didn’t end up in jail.

After school, Gerard and I got in my car and went to the only shop in the small town that sold anything that could be used as a costume.

“Let’s get you a costume!” exclaimed Gerard getting out of the car and running into the costume shop, I got out of the car and followed him inside.

“I’m thinking sexy vampire or something,” said Gerard, looking at me thoughtfully when I got inside the shop. “You already have the black hair. You’re also very sexy.” Gerard smiled slyly and winked, as I blushed looking through

“Don’t be embarrassed,” said Gerard. “It’s very much true.”

He started looking through the costumes before coming up with a dress that was red and black. It was a little short, with a layred red and black skirt. There was a few tears with red showing through. I loved it.

“Go try this on,” said Gerard, handing the costume and leading me to the fitting rooms. “Let me see it when you have it on.”

I reluctantly did as I was told and put it on. It fit me nicely, and when I looked in the mirror I saw it complemented all of my curves.

I stepped out of the fitting room to show Gerard.

“Damn,” he said. “I think Frank will like that.”

“W-What?” I asked.

“Don’t play stupid,” said Gerard. “I see how you look at Frank. I also see how Frank looks at you.”

I didn’t say anything. I just blushed and went back into my regular clothes. I stepped out of the dressing room.

“So, are you going to get the dress?” asked Gerard.

“Yes,” I replied.

“Great!” exclaimed Gerard. “We just need a few more things.”

We got some fishnet stockings and some black heeled shoes.

We quickly paid for the stuff, and went out to my car. I drove Gerard home then I went back to my own house, anticipating tomorrow’s party.
♠ ♠ ♠
On Quizilla I had pictures for the dress and shoes but I tried to describe the dress as best I could. Use your imagination if you have to. ; )
~Sally