Hopeless Hearts

More than Friends?

The next day after school, I dropped Gerard, Frank and Mikey off at the Ways’ house. But today I decided to stay for their practice. Earlier that day I had still been nervous about seeing Frank, but luckily there wasn’t any awkward silence like I had pictured. I don’t know why I pictured awkward silences during lunch because there was always talking of some sort going on.

Anyways, I followed Gerard, Mikey and Frank into their house.

“Claire, you can just go into the basement,” said Gerard. Him and Mikey were heading toward the stairs. “Mikey and I need to clean our rooms quickly or else our mom won’t let us practice here for a while.”

“Ok,” I said. I headed down to the basement to find Frank was already down there, sitting on the couch that was down there. Frank looked at me as I walked down the stairs. To nervous to sit on the couch with Frank, I just stood next to the stairs. Frank was still staring at me.

“You can sit on the couch, you know,” said Frank.

“Oh, yeah,” I laughed nervously and went and sat on the couch carefully.

“Are you ok?” asked Frank. “You look a little pale.”

Frank slid over closer to me and put his face directly in front of mine, his eye staring into mine. He lifted his hand and placed it on the side of my face.

“Frank,” I said quietly.

“Shh,” he said. He moved his face closer to mine till his lips met mine. I responded to his kiss and he brought his other hand to the other side of my face and pulled me closer to him, deepening the kiss.

The sound of someone clearing their throat loudly soon interrupted us. We pulled away quickly, looking toward the source of the sound. To no ones surprise it was Gerard.

“Sorry to break up your conversation,” said Gerard, smirking. “But we need to start practice.”

Ray, Bob, and Mikey came down the stairs as Frank got up and grabbed his guitar. I sat on the couch, feeling embarrassed and watching them practice. After 2 hours they were done.

“Can you give me a ride home?” asked Frank, coming over to me after they had finished practicing.

“Sure,” I said. I turned to the others. “Bye guys!”

“Bye Claire,” they all said together.

I walked upstairs and out to my car, Frank falling a few steps behind me. We got into my car and headed to Frank’s house in silence. When we got there, Frank turned to me. I looked at him too and then he leaned in and kissed me on the lips again. He pulled away and asked, “Claire, will you be my girlfriend?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Corny, I know.
~Sally