Hopeless Hearts

And the Answer Is..

I sat in shock for a moment, then, “Yes,” I said. Frank smiled and kissed me again.

“Bye,” said Frank, opening the car door. He leaned over and gave me a quick kiss before getting out. “Thanks for the ride.”

I just smiled and watched Frank go into his house before heading home. I smiled to myself. Frank Iero was now my boyfriend.

The next day at school I was looking forward to lunch because then I’d be able to see Frank. When I got to our lunch spot I noticed that Frank was unfortunately not there.

“Where’s Frank?” I asked the guys.

“Right here,” said a voice behind me. I turned and saw Frank. I had gotten there before Frank. Frank came over and kissed me in front of the guys. After he pulled away he wrapped his arm around my waist.

“Whoa,” said Gerard, raising an eyebrow. “When did you two become so close?”

“Yesterday,” said Frank coolly. Frank led me over to where he usually sat and sat down. He had me sit between his legs. Gerard just stared at us and then handed me my sandwich. As I started to eat my sandwich I could feel Frank start to play with my hair. Gerard continued to stare at us and I started to feel uncomfortable. Somewhat thankfully, the period ended and after giving Frank a quick kiss I headed to my next class.

At the end of the day, I was surprised to find only Gerard waiting for me after school.

“Where’s Frank and Mikey?” I asked as I arrived at my car.

“Frank has to stay late,” said Gerard. “My mom and dad went on a trip, so we have our mom’s car. Mikey’s going to bring Frank to my house later.”

“Oh,” I said. “Well, let’s go then.”

We both got in my car. As we pulled out of the school parking lot Gerard asked, “So you and Frank are a thing now?”

“Yeah,” I said.

“Oh,” said Gerard.

“Are you okay with that?” I asked glancing at Gerard quickly. Gerard seemed to have started acting weird since he found out about Frank and me.

“What? Yeah,” said Gerard quickly. “It’s a little weird but I’ll get used to it.”

“Why’s it weird?” I asked.

“Well, Frank’s never actually had a real girlfriend,” said Gerard.

“What do you mean?” I said, glancing again at Gerard quickly.

“I don’t know if I should be the one to tell you,” started Gerard. “But, Frank usually just hooks up with girls at parties and never speaks to them again. But I think it will definitely be different with you.”

After that it was silent for the rest of the ride to Gerard’s house. I parked the car in front of Gerard’s house and Gerard got out. Before he closed the car door he asked, “Are you going to stay for our practice?”

“Not today,” I said. “ I have a lot of homework I need to get done. Tell Frank I’ll see him tomorrow.”

“Will do,” said Gerard, smiling. He closed my car door and headed into his house as I pulled away from the curb, heading to my house.