Perfect Weapon

Hospital

I laid on an uncomfortable bed as I was surrounded in darkness with an annoying beeping sound hitting my ears; as I started to come around I got flashes of Jayden’s face in my mind and a bad feeling flooded my stomach.

“Thank God Ashie, I was so fucking scared that I’d lost you. I love you so much princess” Matt said in relief as he gently hugged me the best he could without hurting me; I looked up at him and noticed he had bags under his eyes.

“I’m sorry” I said hoarsely as my eyes wandered around the room I was in; Matt and Dad were on my left, Mom and Brian were on my right, Selena, Jimmy, Alli, Zacky, Chase, Sienna and Johnny were all at the end of my bed.

“It’s fine sweetie, it wasn’t your fault. It was an accident, you just scared us all” Mom said as she kissed the top of my head repeatedly; I nodded a little but winced slightly when pain shot through my skull.

“Try not to move that much honey. The doctor told us that you have some bruised ribs, a sprained right ankle, a fractured left arm, and some other cuts and bruises” Dad said softly as he ran his hand through my hair gently; I smiled at my Mom a little as she handed me some water to sip on.

“How long was I unconscious for?” I asked with a now clearer voice as I looked around; frankly everyone looked like crap but for some reason Chase and Sienna looked the worst, which scared me because they kind of looked lost.

“Three days, the doctor said you would wake up when you were ready” Selena said softly as Jimmy held her tightly in his arms and kissed the top of her head in comfort; I gave her a little smile to comfort her as well.

“So I guess I’ll have to stay in here for a while longer, right?” I asked when I already knew the answer to that question; I knew I would have too as everyone would make me stay in here for as long as I needed to, which was a pain because I wasn’t a big fan of hospitals.

“Damn straight you do Ash, you are not going to sigh yourself out either. We’ll make sure of that” Zacky told me as Alli buried her face into his chest when some tears fell down her cheeks; I knew I would be looking horrible but I was fine now, unless something else was wrong.

“I know Zacky. Where’s Jay? Is he okay?” I asked as that night started to come back to me and I realized that he wasn’t in my room and no one was with him either; everyone looked down so I turned my attention onto Chase and Sienna.

My stomach churned as I watched Sienna burst out into tears and run from the room; Johnny was quick to follow his girlfriend out to the hall and comfort her. I then looked at Chase who was also crying now; Jimmy and Selena lead him out of my room which was a bad sign.

“I’ll tell her” Brian said quietly as he kept his eyes focused on me; it was the first thing he had said and I realized then that I truly loved him. I missed his voice so much and he was one of the people that popped into my head when the crash happened.

“Tell me what? Where’s Jayden? Tell me!” I said raising my voice a little in concern as I pushed myself up into a sitting position; I ignored the pain as Mom moved my bed so I could sit up with property, then everyone else left the room.

“You were hit by a drunk driver who was drinking a van, he was also speeding and hit the taxi pretty hard. Sadly he wasn’t injured and I feel like killing him for what he’s done, the taxi driver didn’t make it” Brian told me softly as he sat on the edge of my bed; he took my right hand into his and held it tightly.

“Okay… what about Jay? Please Brian, you have to tell me” I begged him as I looked up into his eyes but the feeling in my gut was still there; I could just feel something was wrong and with how everyone was acting I knew something was wrong.

“Jayden didn’t make it either Ash, I’m so sorry angel” Brian told me quietly as he kept our eyes locked together; we sat there in silence as I let his words sink into my head. In those few seconds I felt my whole world just fall apart around me; my heart shattered into pieces as the tears poured down my cheeks.

“Jay… he’s gone… he’s dead” I stuttered in shock as I looked at Brian in pain; I didn’t want to believe him but he would never lie to me. I knew Jay was gone and was never going to come back; I could just feel it and that explains how Sienna and Chase were acting.

“I’m so sorry babe, but he’s gone” Brian whispered to me as he wiped away my tears gently; which just made way for more tears to fall. I closed my eyes as my body started to shake a little and my sobs sounded in the quiet room.

Brian wrapped his arms around me carefully and held me against his body; he rubbed my back and kissed the top of my head as I cried harder. I just couldn’t stop crying and I didn’t even know that I could cry that much; I soaked the front of Brian’s shirt which he didn’t seem to care about.

“I want him back! I just want him back” I cried into his chest more which muffled my loud sobs a little; I honestly didn’t know how I was going to move on from this and that scared the shit out of me.

“We all want him back Ashie” Sienna said softly as she and Chase walked back into my room; I sniffed as I looked up at them and now the pain in my eyes matched theirs. Brian kissed my forehead gently before he walked outside to give us some privacy.

As soon as Brian was off my bed Sienna took his place but this time she laid beside me; she curled up beside me as Chase took a seat on the other side of my bed. Sienna cried onto my shoulder which then made me cry as well; I knew Chase was trying to keep strong for us as he tried wiping our tears away, but more tears just kept coming.

“Was he in pain?” I asked as my voice cracked; I knew Sienna wouldn’t be able to answer me so I looked at Chase who was letting a tear fall every now and again. He grabbed the tissue box that was beside my bed and placed it on my lap; Sienna grabbed two tissues to blow her nose in.

“No he wasn’t, the doctor said he died on impact. He probably didn’t even know what was happening” Chase told me softly as his voice was rough from crying; I was at least glad about that, I would have hated it if Jay suffered.

“At least we still have each other” Sienna said as I grabbed some tissues and wiped my tearstained cheeks; she was right but it still hurt to know that we were now down to the three of us. We were all used to seeing Jayden’s smiling happy face every day; now we would never see that.

After a while of crying my eyes started to get heavy with sleep; Sienna was already asleep beside me as crying had worn her out and I could feel myself following behind her. But I didn’t want to fall asleep in case I had flashbacks or nightmares.

“You need to sleep babe, it will okay. I’ll be right here” Brian said softly as he sat beside Chase and stroked my cheek gently; I looked up at him as I fought off going to sleep. I nodded a little and slowly closed my eyes so Brian’s face was the last thing I saw; sleep was quick to overtake my body as Brian stroked my hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ashton's Outfit

Please Comment Readers!