Status: active :D

Closer To The Truth

eleven.

I walked into the living room and check out our DVD collection both of us had built up through the years. I heard Garrett and Roxie leave when the door was slammed shut. I was excited Roxie invited Garrett out with her, for completely innocent reasons. She needed to talk to a nice guy after Craig.

"So what kind of movie are you in the mood for?" John asked, ripping me from my train of thought and slightly scaring me. I forgot I wasn't alone for a second, but after I registered everything a smile spread across my lips.

"Honestly, anything," I shrugged plopping down on the plush carpet to look at the movies on the bottom shelves. John kneeled down, but was still higher up to sort through another shelf. "What about you," I said after a moment of silence.

"I am in the mood for this," He grinned pulling out Scary Movie Four, I laughed at how excited he seemed about it.

"You just wanna see boobs, don't you?" I asked raising my eyebrows, looking from the DVD case, one movie stuck out at me and I grabbed it. He seemed a little scared.

"Well, how else am I gonna see boobs? It's not like you're just gonna take off your shirt... Unless!" He said his eyes lingering down to my low cut, white v-neck. I hit him, knocking him off balance for a moment. I laughed as he used my shoulder to steady himself. "See, that's what the movie's for! What do you have?" He asked looking in my hands.

"The Hangover," I grinned, "because Bradley Cooper is my husband, he just doesn't know it yet." I laughed and John chuckled slightly uncomfortably until his eyes met mine and a smile spread across his lips. My stomach fluttered and I paused, letting my heart race out of control before my logic kicked in. I looked away and killed the moment, "AND you get to see him without his shirt on, hot!" I raised my voice for emphasis.

"Psh, I'm like twice as buff as Bradley Cooper, but whatever. Too bad you won't get to see him because we're watching Scary Movie 4," He scoffed before lurching for the DVD player right over me. I squealed trying to take The Hangover out of its case to beat him, I looked over to see he was doing the same thing. I pressed the 'open' button and placed The Hangover in right before he could put his DVD, using and extra arm to push him away slightly. Right as I pressed the close button, he forced my hand down the floor.

"Hah," I giggled meeting his grin with a boastful smile. He laughed shaking his head until both our laughter died out and I noticed he had the prettiest eyes I'd ever seen. They seemed to just stare into my soul, I got the shivers and prayed he didn't notice my heart was threatening to beat out of my chest. One of his hands came to my face and cupped it gently and the next thing I knew my eyes were shut and our lips were pressed together. Just for an instant in a peck, when our lips touched I felt electricity jolting throughout my body.

"I guess they won't be killing each other." Came from the door and then it shut. I wiggled out from underneath John and watched him fall on the ground as I saw two jaws dropped standing near the doorway. I felt my cheeks heat up as Roxie enlarged her eyes and mouthed 'oh my god' at me.

"John, you can't just go around kissing people just because you want some!" I stated, clearly flustered. "Rude," I mumbled under my breath and walked back over to the kitchen table and grabbing all the glasses of wine and emptying them into one glass and downing it as I moved them into the kitchen sink. John stared at me with a loss for words.

"So... what movie did y'all choose?" Roxie asked walking into the living room and breaking the stale awkward feeling. I poured a very, very full glass and chugged it before setting it down. I needed to be drunk, now.

"Uh, The Hangover," John said, sitting on the couch with an uncertainty in his voice that could be found in an awkward teenager. I poured half a glass before, thinking 'fuck it' and taking the whole bottle into my room excusing myself.

"Oh, Alaska we're watching your husband!" She called out after me, before I heard her voice softly saying, "Excuse me." I sat on my bed waiting for her to walk into my room and took another glug of wine, graduating from sips. As I predicted she walked into my room and whisper-shouted at me, "WHAT THE FUCK?!"

"I DON'T KNOW!" I whisper-shouted right back, feeling my cheeks heat up as 'the incident' had just happened. I took another glug and felt tears forming in my eyes before I took a deep breath. "FUCK!" I whisper-shouted at her, before she hugged me.

"You like him," She whispered teasingly. I gave her my best death glare that I had mastered.

"Do not, you just left a horny girl alone with a horny boy," I whispered back. She looked slightly surprised at what had just come out of my mouth. "What it's been a while, don't judge me!" I said, before I remembered to lower my voice seeing as we had guests in the next room. She clutched her hand to her lips to smother the laughter she was trying to suppress.

"You just had to go out with Garrett!" Just then I saw her cheeks heat up, my eyebrows raised up with an escape plan from explaining myself. I wasn't even okay with admitting I liked him in the first place, if I did, but I don't. "Oh. My. God," I stated dramatically turning my head and a smile growing on my lips. "You like him," I laughed which ended up sounding like more of an accusation.

"I, uh- No- uh," She stumbled on her lips as a blush came to her cheeks. I laughed and enveloped her in my arms. Jumping and getting over excited she pulled out and seemed upset. "It's too soon..." She said with sad eyes.

"Awe, love, take my word you'll never be ready, it'll always be too soon. Love just doesn't work on other people's watches," I smiled hugging her again. Now feeling bad for ruining their chance to get to know each other. I took another sip of wine feeling all of the effects of drinking I had been doing earlier. "Time to go watch the movie!" I cheered.

"It wasn't awkward!" John said rather harshly to Garrett as if they were having their own little pow-wow talk. I smiled now feeling pretty tipsy. "So ready to watch the movie?" John asked after a lull of silence.

"Oh God yes," I said down cross-legged on the floor with the bottle of wine in my hands. I felt John's eyes burning into the back of my head, but I turned the other way, staring at Roxie and Garrett exchanging shy conversation and smiled to myself. I was too happy for her to even think about what was going on in my mess of a love life. I heard an obnoxious ringtone and turned my head to see John on the phone.

"Sup Bro?" he answered before waiting a second. "Oh yeah, we're in the apartment next door, yeah I'll be right out," John said before hanging up and walking out the front door leaving us all confused.

"Seriously?! Nice bro, but yeah I brought y'all junk food, shitty romantic comedies and my wonderful self," I heard Kennedy as he walked in with John and a girl I had never met before. I pushed myself off the carpet, very ungracefully due to my blood alcohol concentration.

"Hey Kennedy! Hey girl I have not met yet, I'm Alaska, please don't judge me," I smiled holding up the wine bottle. John snuck past me and returned to his place on the couch.

"I'm Acey- Kennedy's girlfriend and I won't judge you if I can have a swig of that," She pointed to my bottle, I laughed and handed her the bottle as Kennedy, holding the things he had mentioned earlier sat next to John.

"I like her," I laughed before we walked back to the television and ended up watching The Wedding Singer and breaking out more alcohol until Acey and I were a good drunk while everyone laughed. "Dude, all I'm saying is that I wished a guy would do that for me," I slurred after the end of the movie, my head resting on Acey's shoulder since we were both on the floor.

"I know! When was the last time you serenaded me on a plane?!" She slurred pointing at him with a fierce look in her eye and I had to laugh, my head was very heavy and I was very drunk.

"Well, I think I would get kicked off the plane if I did that," Kennedy tried to argue, which was futile with two drunks. Acey shook her head and rolled her eyes at him and turned to face him and kept repeating 'No'. "I think we should hit the road," Kennedy said helping Acey off the floor where we were laughing still.

"R-Roxie, I may be a little bit inebriated, just a little," I whispered/spoke since I seemed to have lost the ability to control the volume of my voice. Roxie chuckled and helped me off the floor too as everyone seemed to be laughing about something.

"It was so nice to meet you!" I hugged Acey as she and Kennedy walked out the door and we both laughed one more time before I fell over randomly, I felt a pair of arms catch me right before I fell. "Thank you sir," I smile when I saw John laughing, probably at me, and I kissed him on the cheek. I hugged both Kennedy and Garrett goodbye and Roxie waved holding me up. She walked me too my room and handed me an oversized t-shirt and boxers to change into, which I did nonchalantly in front of her.

"Did you have fun tonight," I asked sleepily, after climbing into the bed, Roxie laughed pulling the covers up to my chin. Tucking me in as if she was my mother and I loved her for it.

"Yes, yes I did and I know you did," She joked evoking a laugh which hurt my stomach all the sudden, like I had been laughing for eternity. "Don't be afraid to fall in love Lassie," She whispered into my ear before kissing my forehead. I was confused but more I was more tired than curious to know her meanings.

"Love you Rocco," I slurred while moving to my side to hug my pillow, preparing for sleep. "You're my favorite sister," I said while yawning so no one other than her and my parents could possibly understand me.

"Love you too, baby sis," She laughed before closing the door and I drifted off to sleep trying to keep my mind off John and our kiss, but it even made its way into my dreams. So much for denial.
♠ ♠ ♠
eep. so i love acey for putting her story in our little thingy. yeah she knows what i'm talking about
but roxie and i love youuu! and surprise haha!
please, please, please comment! we wanna know what you think!!
and thank you for reading :)
love y'all!