Status: Recycle/Dump? Slow,

Love Drunk

Hazel

The door opens letting the hall light spill in for a moment before it all together disappears. It’s the fourth time they went out that door and it’s starting to fucking annoy me.

“Stop goin’ in and out, your annoyin’ the hell outta me.” I groan, rolling onto my left side, facing the wall.

“Sorry.” They mumble, the bed sheets making noise.

After a few minutes of silence, my eyes begin to feel heavy and my mind created pictures, very familiar pictures. Memories. I try to pry open my eyes so I won’t go into that memory, but I can’t I’m too tired.

I can see I have a silly grin on my face as I run around the house with mud all over my body. Is that Curly? Wow, I miss that stupid old dog. He’s running after me with his tongue sticking out, he barks as I turn the corner going into the hallway.

My eyes widen as I see my mother at the end of the hall with a bath scrub, as I being to turn I see Curly sitting at the corner I just turned. I remember calling him a traitor as my mum picked me up and took me the bathroom. I always hated taking a bath when I was little. I always thought something would eat me in the water.

I was a very imaginative child.

Everything gets blurry and mixes in with different colours, the scene is changing. Mother was telling me something, but I wasn’t paying attention instead I was putting my little batman figure in the toilet bowl. God I was such a troublesome child, no wonder mum suspected I would be doing something bad all the time!

“Hazel!” I snapped my head toward the bathroom door, causing it to make my eight year old self to get dizzy.

My eyes are wide and I play innocent as my mother walks over to me. She sighs and mumbles something about calling a Plummer. I watch as I follow after her, she goes into the kitchen and takes out a cookie from a jar I remember I’ve always tried to get to. Whining, I see I’m trying to grab for it, but she moves her hand away.

Everything begins to shake and get blurry again, the memory becoming hard to see as it fades away.

Blinking a few times, my vision gets clearer – I’m awake now? Looking around the room, I find I’m alone and uncomfortable, I’m not home. I forgot where I was for a moment. Getting off the bed, I stretch and pull on some grey warm ups; I already have a shirt on. It seems as if everything is moving in slow motion as I brush down my hair and scratch my tatted arms, neck, chest, and pierced cheeks. Something that became a habit after I got them.

A folded up piece of notebook paper catches my attention, I mean it has my name on it.

uh, if you get hungry there’s food in the refrigerator.

Well no shit Sherlock, where else will food be? I place the note back on the night stand, I’m not hungry, I don’t think I’ll be hungry for the next few days. But sooner or later I’ll have to go down stairs and eat. Sighing, I look around the room some more and glance at the clock.

4:10.

Wow, I slept for sixteen hours, now that’s a new record. Thinking for a minute, school should already be over and I’m bored as hell. My face perks up as I spot two books peeking out from under the bed next to mine. I shift my eyes from the books to the door; maybe I shouldn’t be nosy…

I look at the books from the corner of my eyes and shrug. What the hell, I can’t stop being nosy. A small grin forms its way onto my lips as I crawl to the books and open both at the same time.

One book shows pictures, while the other one holds notes. I smirk as I see a little boy with green eyes, one brighter then the other, taking a shit in a big toilet. He’s even holding himself up from falling in! As I’m about to read the other book, the door slams open and someone shrieks.

“What the hell are you doing!?”
♠ ♠ ♠
never, i repeat never type a chapter when your best friend is over and you have ADD and ADHD!
this chapter would have been longer and more detailed, but my bestie came over xD

-ottie