Photograph

You're all I want

The lights were low and the band had been announced. Lena was standing backstage waiting for the song to start, Tyson got closer to the microphone and dedicated the song to Lena; the notes that she knew by heart started to play.

“You know that he loves you, right?” a voice said from behind her.

“Of course not, he's Tyson Ritter, the broken-hearted guy,” she answered.

“Then, why does he keep a photo of you on his wallet?” the voice asked.

“Look, whoever you are…” she said turning around just to find that no one was there.

The song ended and the boys were all sweaty and happy. They went to a little room backstage where they were greeted by their dates; Tyson's date was all over him again. Tyson grabbed her and went outside, in a few minutes, he returned alone.

“Where's Barbie Girl?” Lena asked.

“She's gone, she was getting on my nerves,” Tyson said like it was nothing at all.

“Oh…” Lena said looking at Nick, he winked at her, she raised her eyebrow.

“You wanted to talk to me, right?” Tyson asked.

“Yeah, but it's not important,” Lena answered.

“Come on, we have time,” Tyson said, leading her to the back door.

They got out and Lena started to shake because the air was cold & it was late at night.

“Here, you are freezing,” Tyson said handing her his jacket.

“Thanks…” She said putting on his jacket.

“So, what were you going to say?” Tyson asked.

“Tyson, do you have a picture of me in your wallet?” she asked not really thinking about what she had just asked.

“How do you know that?” he asked, wide-eyed.

“So, you have one? Good, this makes things easier,” she smiled.

“What are you talking about?” he asked.

“Do you know why my favorite song is "Photograph"?” she asked.

“No,” he answered.

“Because it reminds me of you, because that's all you left me when you left Oklahoma to become a favorite rock-star & that was the only way I could remember you by photographs…” she said, looking at the ground.

Tyson grabbed her chin and made her look into his blue eyes. She only heard the beating of her heart, her palms started to sweat, and the world was spinning.

“You know, since I saw you the first day of school, I feel in love with you,” Tyson said smiling at him.

“Why didn't you say anything?!” she asked with anger on her voice.

“Because I was too chicken to say anything, you were the girl all the boys wanted to dance with…“ he said.

“Stealing lines from Fall Out Boy is not helping,” she teased.

“I know, what I mean is I never wanted to leave Oklahoma, because that meant leaving you. I didn't want to go without saying what I really felt,” he said.

“I wanted to tell you the same thing but you were Mr. Popular,” she confessed.

“But here we are now…” he finally said.

“Here we are, what are you going to do now?” she asked.

“What I should have done since the first day” he answered.

Their lips met on a passionate yet sweet kiss. She could only hear the sound of both of their hearts beating at the same time.

“I love you, Tyson Ritter.” she said.

“I love you too, Lena Somper.” he said.

They shared another kiss as a falling star was passing.

THE END