Status: Just getting started, so it will take a while to get out

Finding Love

Chapter 3: Finding Friendship (Quinn)

After I moved to New York with my parents, I lost contact with all of my friends, but at the time I didn’t care because I had theatre. But it didn’t last, me being okay with not having friends that is. It was a hard first year, but I made through it, and I didn’t have to go longer than that year. I’ll never forget the day.

Flashback

“Quinn, sweetie, did you know that there’s a new family living underneath us?” my mother asked me after I gave her permission to enter my room.

“Yes I did mommy, but I didn’t want to disturb either you or daddy to tell you that because I knew you were both going to be busy all month long.” I said while I was sitting at my window seat.

“Sweetie, you should’ve told us! We would’ve gone down with you to meet them so you can see if they have a child that you could play with!” my mother said.

“Well, can we go now?” I asked hopefully. “I know that they’re at home.”

“Sure sweetie, you get ready and I’ll get your father and something together to give to them,” she said walking out of my room.

What my mother didn’t know was that I was already ready. But it didn’t take long for her and my father to be ready, so I walked in between them down the stairs. We got to their door and I waited very patiently for someone to answer before I looked in front of my parents. Once the door opened, I peeked out just hoping they had someone my age.

“Hello?” a women who looked my mother’s age asked us.

“Hello,” my mother said with a smile. “My name is Jessica Alexander, this is my husband Max, and this is our daughter, Quinn.” And with that all three adults looked down to me and I just smiled shyly.

“I know this is a little late,” my mother said looking back up to the lady, “but we noticed that you had moved in and felt we should introduce ourselves. We live in the apartment above you.”

“Oh, hello,” the lady said smiling at my parents. “Won’t you please come in?” and with that we all went into the house. It was a very nice house. The set up of the house was just like mine, but this lady had it decorated so very differently from ours.

“Just let me get my kids and I will introduce all of us together,” the lady said walking down the hall.

As she came back she had 2 kids with her. One was a boy and he looked to be 13 years old and a girl that looked to by my age. The boy looked like he wished he could be anywhere, but meeting his neighbors, but the girl looked really excited. I knew then that we’d be THE BEST OF FRIENDS!

End Flashback


And I was more than right, we’re not only best friends, we’re like sisters. She’s my rock and I’m her shelter. That might be why I’m at a football game that she is playing at, however they don’t know she’s a girl. But that’s not the point, the point is that she’s my sister and I’m going to be there for her.

I have no idea what is going on, but I do know that her team is winning. But I keep looking next to me and this guy, who is extremely handsome, keeps looking at me. I don’t know who he is or why he keeps looking at me, but I think I like it.

“Excuse me,” I heard a deeper voice say to me, “can I ask you a question?” I looked next to me and it was the guy.

“You kinda just did, but you can ask me another one if you would like.” I replied with a smirk on my face.

“Nice one, but the question is, why are you here all by yourself?” he asked me, like he really meant it, but it’s been my experience that when guys act like that they only want one thing and I wasn’t going to give that to anyone, except my husband.

“Well,” I started, “I’m not actually here by myself; my friend is just playing on the football team. So I came to cheer the team on.”

“Well, your friend is really lucky to have you has a friend. But you look really lonely, do you mind if I keep you company?” he asked me, staying where he was, waiting for my reply.

I just stared at him. I’ve never meet a guy like him, because most guys would just sit next to me and don’t care what I say. “Um, I guess you can, since you seem different.”

He sat next to me and smiled then turned to the game, but I had no interest in the game anymore. I felt that if I didn’t get to know that guy now, I’d regret it forever and would always wonder what would’ve happen.

“So, can I ask you a question since you’ve asked me a question, and of course I mean besides this one I’m currently asking.” I asked, hoping he wouldn’t get mad at me for asking questions.

“Of course you can, it only makes sense to me.” He said, and I couldn’t believe it, he actually looked

“Well, I was wondering why you are here alone?” I asked him.

“Well, my friends are on the football team. But most people don’t understand why we’re friends because they’re all so preppy and I’m, well not.” He answered. He then smiled, and it was such a beautiful smile that I wanted to make him smile as much as was possible.

“Oh, well I don’t see why other people should care who your friends are! That’s just stupid, and one of the reasons I’m glad I don’t go to public school.” I said understanding where he’s coming from. A lot of people ask me why I’m friends with a few of my friends at school and I just tell them because I can see how they are when they’re not around people, so I know the real them.

“Yea it is. What do you mean you don’t go to public school? Don’t you have to be a student here to go to the football games?” he asked, and he was right, we did have to be a student normally, but I’m a special case since I’m Lillie’s best friend and will always be here.

“Well,” I started, “normally you would have to, but since my friend’s on the football team I’m allowed to come.”

He just stared at me in amazement, it was kind of flattering. “Well, that’s just amazing! So you must be Alex’s friend?” he asked me.

“Yea, I am. By the way, I never introduced myself to you, my name is Quinn Alexander, I’m 16-years-old, I’m a junior, and I go to Harlem School of the Arts.” I told him and I stuck my hand out to shake his.

“Well, Quinn Alexander, it’s very nice to meet you.” He said shaking my hand. “My name is Samuel Porter, I am a senior, and I’m 18 years old.”

“My oh my, you’re two years older than me.” I said just to see what he would say.

“Is that okay? Because if not, then I can just leave you alone and you’ll never see me again.” He said with a sad look on his face.

“No, you’re fine; I was just making sure that we both knew the age difference between us. I don’t see anything wrong with our age difference, do you?” I asked, hoping that he be okay with sitting next to a 16-year-old girl.

“There is nothing wrong with the age difference that I can tell, Miss Alexander.” He said smiling as I blushed. I have never been talked to like that. I’ve never been called Miss Alexander, normally guys call me babe or honey before they even know me.

This guy was different, and I really want to get to know him more. I thought.

“Well, why don’t you ask me some more questions?” he asked smiling.

“Please, don’t tell me I just said that out loud,” I said, blushing once again. This guy has made me blush twice in about five minutes.

“Yes, my dear Quinn, you did. And I would consider it an HONOR to get to know you more.” Samuel said to me, smiling a one of a kind smile.

“Since the game is almost over,” I said looking over at the score board and noticing that we only had 30 seconds until the end of the game, “can I ask you one more question?”

“Of course you can my fair lady.” He said smiling once again, seeing the blush on my face.

“I actually have 2 questions. The first is: do you like being called Samuel or Sam better? And may I have your number?” I asked both of these looking down because I didn’t want to be rejected.

“My dear Quinn, I normally like being called Sam better, but from you, I wouldn’t mind being called Samuel, so that one is up to you.” As he said this, he lifted my chin up so I was looking into his bright green eyes. “And in answer to your second question my dear, is that I have already slipped my number into your purse, when you weren’t looking. I hope you don’t mind.”

And of course I didn’t mind because there was something about this guy, I just couldn’t put my finger on it. And with that, I smiled at him and told him that I had to go meet Alex on the field and tell him congratulations since we had won the game. I couldn’t wait to tell Lillie Mae that I actually had a conversation with a guy and didn’t throw up or confuse myself. This night just couldn’t get better, or so I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
1,679 words this time :) hope you like

-Rachel