Status: Complete

Past Lives

39

Trevor found the house.

I almost dropped the phone when I heard Jamie say those words. I couldn’t believe it.

“Jamie, make sure the doors are locked. I will be there in five minutes.” I said before I hung up on her.

I grabbed my purse and ran out to my car. As I was speeding through the streets of Pittsburgh, I called Brooks.

“Hey babe what’s up?”

“I know you probably are getting ready to go on the ice so I need you to just listen. Don’t freak out.”

“Ads what is going on?” Brooks said with concern in his voice.

“Trevor found Jamie’s house. I am about two minutes out. I am going to stay with her until Craig gets back from practice.”

“Oh shit. Craig needs to-“

“No.” I said cutting him off. “Whatever you do, do not tell Craig. Playoffs are right around the corner and you guys need to have your head in there.”

“Okay fine. I have to go. I will call you when we leave. Be careful and I love you.”

“I love you too.” I said as I pulled into Jamie’s driveway.

I walked up the walk to the front door as I nonchalantly looked across the street to see a black car sitting there. I sped up my walk a little bit and unlocked the front door to see Jamie standing there with a butcher knife in hand.

“Holy shit Jamie. It is just me, put down the knife.”

She let out the breath she was holding and put down the knife. “I am scared Ads. Real scared.”

I walked over to her and hugged her and she let the tears fall. “Hun I know you are. We will get this shit taken care of.”

I sat her down on the couch, shut the blinds, and went to the kitchen to make her some tea, when I decided to give my asshole brother a call.

“Well if it isn’t my long lost sister. I haven’t talked to you in, what, 3 years?”

I rolled my eyes. “There are reasons for that. Why the fuck did you tell Trevor where we were?”

“He deserved to know Adisyn. He-“

“Fuck that Logan. You know what he did to her. You sat there so many nights and listened to her cry and always.. ALWAYS.. told her to leave him. What the fuck changed?”

“Obviously a lot. By the way, thanks for asking about my wife and newborn son.”

I laughed. “Who would marry your demon ass? And you spawned? God save us all.”

“You are such a bitch you know that?”

“And you are an asshole Logan. I cannot believe you are my brother.”

“And I cannot believe I have a lying whore as a sister.”

“Okay Logan, this conversation is over.” I said as I hung up and threw my phone on the counter.

I sighed out loud as I heard Jamie come into the kitchen.

“You okay?”

I turned and gave her a cup of tea. “Peachy. Just had a lovely conversation with my douchebag brother.”

She rolled her eyes and took a sip of tea. “I got a text from Craig. Him and Brooks will be here in twenty.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Short practice?”

She nodded. “Optional. They got on the ice for a couple drills then decided they were done.”

A few minutes later, we heard a knock on the door. Jamie immediately tensed up as I told her to stay when I went to go get the door. I looked through the peephole to see Craig and Brooks staying there. I let out a sigh of relief as I unlocked the door.

As Craig walked to the kitchen to see Jamie, Brooks pulled me into a hug.

“You okay?”

I nodded against his chest. “Yeah. Just worried about her. You didn’t have to come with him, I could have driven home by myself.”

He shook his head. “Hell no. I’m not going to let you drive around when that psycho is roaming the streets. I don’t care who he is after, he could use you to get to him.”

I turned my head and looked at Craig and Jamie deep in conversation in the kitchen. “I think she will be taken care of.”

Please just let everything be normal again.