Status: Complete

Past Lives

57

I looked back at Jamie and Craig before I snuck out of the room. What a bunch of lovesick puppies, I thought as I chuckled to myself.

“What’s so funny?”

I turned around to see Max behind me.

“Craig and Jamie.”

He smiled and rolled his eyes. “I take it they are in your room making up?”

I nodded. “So much for me getting a few more hours of sleep.”

I saw the sparkle in Max’s eye that always means he has a plan.

“Wanna get the Adsy back for waking you up and me having to sleep on the floor?”

I nodded vigorously. “Tell me what to do Oh Wise One.”

---

Ten minutes later, I was pounding on my hotel room door.

“Open up assholes! I want my room back!”

I heard mumbles from inside before the door cracked open to show Craig’s face.

“Ads, go away.” He said as he tried to shut the door.

I stopped him. “Oh hell no. This is MY room. No sex allowed.”

He rolled his eyes. “You act like you and Brooks didn’t last night.”

“As a matter of fact, he didn’t even stay. So kiss my ass, Grizzly Adams. Now let me in.” I said as I shoved the door open. As soon as the door was open enough, Max came from beside me and sprayed Adsy down with shaving cream.

“What the fuck Talbo!” Craig said as he tried to wipe the shaving cream off his face.

I started to laugh uncontrollably. “Payback is a bitch Craig.”

“Uh, Ads, now would be the time to run.” Max said as he backed away.

I looked at Craig and saw the pissed off look. As soon as Max and I turned around and started to run, I could hear Craig close behind.

I turned the corner and banged on Brooks’ door.

“Brooks open up please! Save me!”

Both Max and I pounded for another few seconds before the door open, and before Brooks could say anything, we pushed past him and shut the door.

He turned around to see us on the floor laughing.

“What did you two do this time?”

“Now what makes you think we did anything? Maybe we like running away from nonexistent creepers. Remember? You said an ax murderer might come after me.”

Brooks rolled his eyes as we started to laugh even harder as we heard pounding on the door.

Max and I looked at each other and said, “Oh shit!” as we hid on the other side of his bed.

“Brooks I know you are hiding those two fuckers! Let me in!” We heard Craig yell.

“Ok seriously, Ads, I love you, and Max, will you are a good guy and all, but if you don’t tell me what you guys did to him, I will have to turn you over.”

I looked at Max. “Did you hear that? He would turn over the love of his life to the ax murderer if I don’t tell him that we interrupted Craig and Jamie’s sexcapades and shaving creamed his ass.”

Max shook his head. “Should of stuck with me babe, we could of gone far.”

Brooks sighed and came over and helped me off the floor. “Okay I won’t turn you over to Craig. And you two… you guys in cahoots scares even me.”

I gave him a kiss as the pounding picked up. “So Mister Orpik, how are we gonna get rid of the ax murderer?”

Brooks stood there and thought. “Can we turn Max over so I can keep you to myself to punish?”

I laughed and shook my head as I saw Max’s jaw drop. “No babe. We cannot do that. Max is my partner in crime. No matter what you say.”

“Well then, go into the bathroom. Max, you stay here, I somehow do not trust you two together.”

I rolled my eyes as I walked into the bathroom and sat on the counter.

A few minutes later, I heard Brooks let him in and a bunch of shouting before it turned into laughter. I raised an eyebrow and went to open the door a crack to see the guys all sitting around laughing.

“What the fuck are you guys laughing about? One, if not two, of you are suppose to be dead!”

All three of them stopped laughing and looked at me.

“Babe, it’s… nothing. Don’t worry about it. You can go back to your room and sleep a bit longer. Everything is done.” Brookssaid reassuringly.

I narrowed my eyes and stared at them as I walked out. As soon as I closed the door, they started laughing again.

Oh what the fuck.

I shook my head and started back down to my room, when I heard my name being called. I sighed and turned around to see Scuds running towards me.

“Hey Rob what is up?”

“Is it true?”

I looked at him questioningly. “Is what true?”

“That you are moving to Boston.”

My jaw dropped. How did he…

“Jamie kinda blurted it out when she was drunk last night. But are you?”

I shook my head. “Rob, I swear to god if this gets back to Brooks..”

He held up his hands. “It won’t I swear to god. I just want to know.”

I sighed. “Maybe, I don’t know. I got the job offer of my dreams and it happens to be in Boston. But I don’t know if I am going to take it or not.”

“That’s awesome though. But in my opinion, I think you should take the job.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Really? Why?”

“Cause it is the job offer of your dreams. Think about it, Brooks has the job of his dreams. Wouldn’t he want the same for you?”

I bit my lip. “Thanks Rob for the advice. But I am gonna head back to my room.”

“Oh okay. Just think about what I said.” He said as he walked off towards Brooks’ room.

Maybe he was right, if Brooks could have the job of his dreams, why couldn’t I?