Status: Complete

Past Lives

67

They did it.

They finally fucking did it.

After a year of redemption and tribulations, the boys had won the Stanley Cup on enemy territory.

As Jamie, my mom and I pushed our way down to the ice, I couldn’t help but grin. I was so proud and happy for all of them and couldn’t wait until the unreal celebration back in Pittsburgh.

When we finally reached the ice, the first people we saw were Craig and Max. Jamie ran to Craig as Max skated over and picked me up.

“We won! We have the cup!” He yelled excitedly.

I laughed as he put me down. “I know! Congrats Max! You guys deserve it.”

He smiled as he skated towards his family as I continued to look for Brooks. After a few minutes, I saw him over by Jamie and Craig. I smiled and slid across the ice to congratulate him. As soon as he saw me, he broke out into a huge smile and skated over to me and spun me around. Before he put me down, he gave me a long kiss.

I smiled. “Congrats Brooks.”

“Babe, you.. you have no idea what this win means to me.. to us.”

“What do you mean?”

Right then he revealed what he was holding in his hand. When I looked down, everything seemed to stop moving.

“Adisyn, I have loved you from the first day we met. And when I made the stupid mistake of choosing hockey over you, it was the worst decision of my life. When I got you back, I realized how much I truly did love you. I don’t want to lose you again. Now I know you have that job offer in Boston, and I don’t want you to thin-“

“The answer is yes.”

He looked at me. “What?”

I gave him a kiss and smiled at him. “I said yes, Brooks. I choose you. This is where I belong.”

His eyes went wide. “Are you sure? I don’t want you to choose between me and your dream job. I mean, this can work. I can-“

I placed my hand over his mouth as I laughed. “Brooks, I love you. But you need to learn when to shut up. I just said this is where I belong.” I took the box out of his hand.” Right here, by your side. I don’t care if you get shipped off to Timbuktu, I will still be by your side.”

“Just open the box already!” I heard Craig yell as he and Jamie came closer to us.

I rolled my eyes and opened the box to see the most perfect ring I have ever seen. As I felt the tears come to my eyes, I took it out and put it on my finger.

“Brooks, it’s.. it’s perfect. I love you.”

He smiled and gave me a kiss. “I love you too. Now let’s go celebrate.”

---

August 2010

“Jamie…”

“Hmm?” She mumbled as she tightened the back of my dress.

“He isn’t gonna show.”

She paused. “Ads, what the fuck are you talking about?”

“Brooks. He isn’t going to show. I have that feeling.”

She rolled her eyes as she continued to tie the back of my dress. “Ads, you are nuts.”

“No I am serious! What if he changed his mind, figuring out I am not the one for him? Oh my god. What if he ran off with Oksana?”

She snorted as she turned me around. “Adisyn listen to me. When you walk down that aisle tonight, Brooks will be at the end of it.”

I bit my lip. “But what if-“

She rolled her eyes and grabbed my shoulders. “Don’t make me drag your mama in here. She would slap you for thinking these things. He will be there.”

I sighed and nodded as we heard a knock on the door.

“Who is it?” Jamie yelled.

“The one and only superstar in your lives.”

We both laughed as Jamie told Max to come in. He smiled as he looked me up and down.
“My my Ads, you clean up good.”

I laughed. “Look who is talking.”

“Maxime, is there is reason you are here? Shouldn’t you be over with the other guys?”

“I came to sweep Ads off her feet and beg her not to marry Brooks.” He said as Jamie rolled her eyes. “Nah, he sent me over to make sure she didn’t decide to run.”

“Good lord.” Jamie said as she threw her hands up. “Why are both of you thinking y’all are gonna run on each other?”

I shrugged as Max elbowed her. “I swear they have the same brain. It’s scary.”

I rolled my eyes and pushed Max toward the door. “Ok superstar, go tell my fiancé that I will see him in twenty minutes. I have to finish getting ready.”

“Can I tell him how hot you look?” He said with a smile.

I laughed. “Sure Max. Just don’t tell him what other thoughts are running through that head of yours. I don’t need any black eyes in my wedding pictures.”

He walked down the hall laughing as I shut the door.

I turned back to Jamie and smiled. “Okay Maid of Honor, let’s get me ready to be married.”

---

I finally had my dream wedding. Night time, nice weather, candles lining the aisle, a violin quartet playing in the background, and the man of my dreams waiting for me at the end. I took a deep breath as I felt my mama take my arm.

“You ready?”

I smiled at her and nodded. “Are you?”

“Baby girl, I have been ready since the day you two met. Let’s go get you married.”

I looked down the aisle as I heard the bridal march start and everyone stood up to see Brooks standing there with a smile on his face.

When we reached him, my mama whispered something into his ear and then gave me a hug before Brooks took my hand.

As we stood there listening to the preacher start the ceremony, he mouthed ‘I love you’.

I smiled and mouthed it back as the preacher asked if anyone had any reason for us not to be married. I could see Jamie shooting death glares at Max. I internally laughed and recited the vows the preacher gave both of us to say.

Then the words we all were waiting for.

‘I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.’
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my last chapter. This was so much fun to write and I am so happy that all of you read it.

Our next story will be posted within the next couple days, we already have one and half chapters written.

So make sure you go read that one!