‹ Prequel: He Stole You

The District Lights

She pulled on his hand with a devilish grin

There wasn't a moment where Nina wondered what the hell she was doing dating Patrick Kane of all people. Sure, he was a great guy, but she didn't seem like the type of girl he would go for.

Nina knew she was pretty enough where she didn't have any trouble finding a boyfriend or getting one, but she wasn't the type to go to clubs and go man hunting. She was the type that preferred to be at home working on her art. She wasn't the type to dress provocatively and show off every asset she had, nor was she the type to bounce from one, one night stand to another.

Patrick wasn't the typical guy she would go for. She preferred someone like Alex, the more intellectual and bookish type of guy. Someone that was more calm and collected to match her personality. Not a flirty charismatic type that was the life of the party like Patrick was.

Still, there was something about Patrick, Nina was attracted to. She had deduced that it was because Patrick had become the escape she needed from the life she was forced. The life that she didn't want, but had. With him, she didn't worry about responsibilities or problems that she was currently having.

It was all fun with Patrick Kane.

After the first date, Nina and Patrick continued to see each other and it was now a month into their relationship. They had fallen into a comfortable routine where Nina would be at his house to clean and she would stay until Patrick came. Then they would either stay at his house and hang out or go out for lunch or dinner.

Nina had been fortunate enough to be able to attend more games with Jack, with the help of Patrick. She couldn't be more thankful when those games included the two siblings sitting on the glass and being able to visit the locker room after every home game they attended.

"So," Nina started as she joined Patrick on his couch. He instantly had his arm around her and she cuddled up to him. "What do you want to do now?" she asked curiously, looking up to him.

Patrick shrugged and turned his attention back to the TV. After a few seconds they fell into a comfortable silence, the only noise coming from the TV and their shallow breathing. He tore his eyes away from the screen and surreptitiously watched Nina from the corner of his eye.

She was biting her lip, as she kept her eyes glued to the TV. The light off the TV bounced off her brown eyes. He noticed that every time Nina was focused of concentrated, her eyes would grow hard and she would bite her bottom lip. It was cute.

If the guys saw the way he acted whenever he and Nina was alone, they would constantly make fun of him and call him a softie. He had built up an image and reputation as a party crazy womanizing playboy, that no one would believe the way he acted around Nina unless they saw it with their own eyes.

"Let's go out with the guys," Patrick suggested after the show they were watching finished.

Nina turned her head cutely to the side. "The guys?" Nina had met Patrick's team mates and liked them well enough and she was sure they liked her as well, but neither Patrick nor Nina ever mentioned to anyone that they were dating. Though, she was sure that Jonathan knew since they did have a double date once.

"Yeah, let's go to a club. It should be fun," he replied nonchalantly.

"Alright, when do you want to go?"

"I'll pick you up tonight at 7. Have dinner and then go meet with the guys."

Nodding, Nina checked her watch and groaned. "I should probably go. I need to make Jack something to eat and then get ready."

*

Patrick had his arms wrapped around Nina's shoulders as he watched, with an amused look on his face, Nina stuff her face with a burger and fries. The thing about Nina Patrick liked the most was that she was comfortable around him. Despite who he was, Nina did not give a shit and set him straight when needed.

He let out a low chuckle and watched as Nina put down the burger in her hand and gave him a fake dirty look.

"What?" she asked gruffly, her mouth still full of chewed up food.

He just chuckled again and removed his arm from Nina's shoulders and playfully closed her mouth. "Don't talk with your mouth open. I thought you were raised better than that," he joked.

Nina scrunched up her nose and stuck out her mouth.

Patrick chuckled again and leaned over to kiss her on the cheek. "Sometimes, Nina, sometimes," he said a shook his head. Patrick took a bite of his own burger wondering if taking Nina to a club where Burish was going to be there was a good idea.

Whenever Patrick was in a club or a club like environment with Burish was involved, Patrick could careless about how he acted. He preyed on every single woman he found attractive and would most likely get shit faced and go home with another girl.

Although he and Nina never really discussed where they stood relationship wise, he liked and cared about Nina well enough not to hurt her. And he knew that with a girl like Nina, she wasn't going to put up with your bullshit because you were Patrick Kane or anyone else. With her it was a one chance type thing.

Looking away from her, he took out his cell phone and quickly text Burish that he and Nina weren't going to meet up with them making the excuse that Nina wasn't feeling well.

"You know, I don't really want to go to the club. Can we just hang out? Watch a movie?"

Nina dropped her burger, her jaw going slack and eyes widening. "You don't want to get shit faced?" she asked dramatically. "Are you feeling okay?" she joked.

"You're so funny Nina. I'm so lucky to have you," he sarcastically told her.

"We can hang out at my apartment," Nina suggested and laughed at Patrick's uneasy look. "Relax, Jack's at his friend's house for a sleep over. One of the mother's of the group's son is having a birthday party sleep over thing so it'll just be us."

Patrick sighed, relieved. It wasn't that he didn't like Jack, but it was a little hard to get intimate when Jack was in the apartment. Whenever Patrick would be over at Nina's apartment wanting to spend some time with her, Jack was always there always wanting to hear stories from Patrick about different teams and players he's encountered.

They arrived at Nina's apartment a short while later. Patrick followed Nina silently into the apartment.

Nina dropped her keys on the table and led Patrick to the couch. "Do you want anything?" she asked, hanging hers and Patrick's coat on the coat rack.

Patrick shook his head, stood up and walked over to where Nina was. He placed his hands around her waist, his breathing started to go heavy. His mind raced with so many inappropriate things.

The sexual tension between them had been going on since the start of last week when they were heavy in making out and was about to head to her room when Jack appeared. He knew Nina was feeling the same thing; otherwise she wouldn't have been leading him to her room.

Much to his relief, Nina turned around and caught his lips. It was like a repeat of last week, where things got heavy quick and she was leading him to her room.
♠ ♠ ♠
What did you think?
Sorry, I haven't been updating. With school starting up again, I just haven't been motivated to do anything other than sleep and study.
Comment, let me know what your thoughts on the story or chapter is.
Thank you.