Out of This World

She Said She Was On Her Way To Mars Then She Ran Into A Star

“That’s our family photo from five years ago,” Joe smiled, pointing to the frame at the top the stars, “And that’s Kevin’s latest school photo.”

“Hi, I’m Kevin Jonas and I’d live to sell you a car!” I joked, hopping over the last few steps of the stairs.

“Funny guys,” Kevin said, rolling his eyes, “We’re going to the mall!”

“Have fun boys,” Our Mom yelled from the living room as we practically pulled Aria out the door.

“What is this mall?” Aria asked as I pulled her into the back seat of Kevin’s small car with me.

“What is a mall?” Joe as, whipping around in his seat, “You don’t have malls on Aultiria?

“A mall is a place where you go to buy clothes, food, electronics, a bunch of stuff,” I explained as Kevin pulled out of the driveway.

“We do not have such a place on Aultiria,” Aria said, as she attempted to put her seat belt on. I reached over to help her, breathing in her scent. She smelled like vanilla and sugar – completely intoxicating, “Thank you Nick.”

“No problem,” I smiled back, regretfully sitting upright in my own seat.

“Then where do you buy food and clothes?” Joe blurted out.

“The council regulates the distribution of good and services,” Aria explained, “If we wish for something that is not a staple, we have to file forms. The only main requirement is that the product has to be recyclable because we do not wish the damage that you have done to Earth on Aultiria. We also do not wear clothes except during a festival, and only then are the honoured allowed.”

“You’re making us want to go to Aultiria with you now,” Kevin joked, pulling to the underground of the mall.

“We do not have any oxygen on our planet, we need hydrogen to breathe,” Aria continued, a small laugh coating her words, “You would also implode once you got into our gravity.” Kevin pulled into the first empty space and we all practically jumped out of the car, hurrying Aria into the mall and leaving Kevin to lock the door.

“Thanks for waiting guy,” Kevin growled, running up the escalator steps to meet us. I had my hands over Aria’s eyes to keep the mall a surprise from her.

“Take a big step now,” I whispered into her ear, feeling her shiver from my breath on her ear.

“We don’t know of a single girl who doesn’t like the mall,” Joe proclaimed, taking her hands and leading her away from the escalator some.

“Three,” Kevin started.

“Two,” Joe added.

“One,” I smiled, taking my hands off of her eyes. My brothers and I watched Aria intently as she stood in shock. Her eyes slowly widened as her mouth fell ajar.

“It’s like paradise,” She smiled, a small giggle in her voice. Kevin’s eyes flashed from Aria to the boutique at the end of the hall. In one quick sweep Kevin was pulling Aria down the hall and into the Extreme store.

“The rents’ll be pissed,” Joe chuckled as we followed after the two slowly.

“Kevin has a job and it is his credit card we’ll be using,” I smirked, showing Joe my empty wallet.

“Once the band picks up that wallet will never see another twenty dollar bill,” My elder brother grinned.

“You are so a winter,” We heard Kevin practically yell in delight, “Here – go try these on.”

I sighed, “Kev’s on a rampage again.”

“What are you talking about Kevin,” Joe roared, running towards the change room, “Aria is a spring!”

“She’s a winter.”

“Uh, no, a spring!”

“They’re at it – again,” I sighed, pushing the two away from each other, “Aria is a winter.”

“Are you sure about this?” Aria asked quietly, “It seems a little big.” The door slowly opened as she stepped out.

“I told you she’s a winter,” Kevin smiled, doing a happy dance which was stopped abruptly when both my hand and Joe’s hit him in the back of the head.

“We are buying you that,” Joe smiled, sliding his arm over her shoulders.

Her eyes widened, “No, no, no – I do not need clothes.” Aria raised her silver clad wrist and taped it courtly.

“We’re buying you that no ifs ands or buts,” My brothers and I said in perfect harmony. Kevin, Joe and I quickly exchanged looks before we burst into a fit of laughter.

“Oh my, we sounded like triplets,” Kevin chortled, smacking his knee. A smile tugged on the corners of Aria’s mouth as she watched the three of us horse play around.

“I’ll just change,” Aria said quickly, flying back into the change room.

“J.B. Huddle,” Joe yelled, pulling Kevin and I into a small circle. “Where are we taking Aria next?’

“She’s a big fan of ‘our’ food,” I offered, “So we could hit the food court.”

“Perfect,” Kevin smiled, “But what about tomorrow?”

“You know how Mandy wants to go to the beach with us this summer,” Joe said slowly, a smile slowly forming on his lips, “The five of us could go to the beach.”

“Girls do like the beach,” Kevin shrugged.

“Let’s do it,” I nodded. The door to the change room click open and we stood, smiling as if nothing happened.

“I’ll take these and pay,” Kevin smiled, taking the outfit from Aria’s arms, “and you three can do to the court of the F.”

[***]

“You boys are exceptionally fortunate,” Aria smiled, taking a long sip of her cream soda, “Who knew such a symphony of flavours could be on a single slice of – what is this called again?”

“Pizza,” I chuckled.

It amazed me how innocent Aria was to the universe despite the fact she had been traveling for a year and a half. Every moment that I spent with her felt – perfect, serene, unwordable; maybe it was the way her pale, sky blue eyes shimmered with each new experience that was of second nature to my brothers and I. Maybe it was how she talk so formally and uncensored that had my heart skipping a beat every time our eyes locked.

“Aria – you’re totally flaunting your cuteness,” Kevin smiled, stealing one of my curly fries.

“Cute,” Aria questioned, cocking her head, “I am no where near as attractive as other females.” She motioned to the large advertisement in the Garage window.

“They’re smoking,” Joe drooled, haphazardly sipping from his drink.

“So women on Earth set themselves on flames to become stunning,” Aria asked, her eyes widening in what looked to be fear or worry. Kevin slapped Joe in the back of the head.

“What was that for?” Joe gapped, holding the spot tenderly.

“Aria’s very impressionable,” Kevin growled.

I rolled my eyes before I turned my attention to Aria again, “You are in a league that they can only wish to be in. Just don’t go setting yourself on fire – unless you shift into some lava creature.” She giggled lightly, slowly clamping her ruby red lips onto the ivory straw.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow - a two :: thirteen A.M. update >.>
Readers 19 Subscribers: 7 Comments 9
<3
School starts in thirteen dayz~
;; Well in BC anywho lmaoo
You'll be getting to see the outfit later in the series : D
I spent three hours getting my hair done >.>
BUT I LOVE IT!!
PiC
My camera's broken so my friend took it with her four year old cellphone >.> The pink's MUCH more vibrante~
BTW I <3 comments and subscribers : P
Just putting that out there
Peace. Love. Murder. Complicate.