Just Another Girl

Chapter 1

It has been exactly two months since Vivienne moved from Toronto to Philadelphia for a new job, a job that she simply adored. She was going to be the next Director of Player Personnel for the Philadelphia Flyers. Very much like many Canadians, growing up in Canada, hockey is king. It's a religion. Vivienne immediately jumped at the opportunity of working in the NHL, even if it meant working for the Flyers, a team she wasn't too pleased with. Being born and raised in Toronto, she has, is, and will always be a die-hard Leafs fan. But she needed the money, and well, hockey is her passion.

The next morning, Vivienne woke up bright and early to make sure she wouldn't be late for her first day of work. She did what she did every morning, take a shower, get changed, and have breakfast on the go. Vivienne did not want to look overdressed for her first day of work, but still wanted to make an impression. She put on a form fitting white blouse and slipped into her favourite navy blue pencil skirt, and went for a fresh face makeup. She took a look at the purple clock hanging in her room and gasped as she was running late. She grabbed a cup of coffee and put on a pair of black peep toe heels.

As she arrived at the arena, she was greeted by the management and the personnel team. Vivienne was nervous, she was the youngest and well not exactly the tallest person in the room either, she was petitie and cute. Her palms started to sweat as she followed the coaches into the locker room. In her head, different thoughts were swimming. *What do I say? Do I just smile and say hi? Do i shake each of their hands? I should have ran this through my head this morning!* Her thoughts were interrupted when Head Coach introduced her. "This young lady here is Vivienne. She will be your new Director of Player Personnel. So if you have any concerns, she's your go to peep". The boys in the locker room couldn't help but stare. Vivienne, in many ways, is a beautiful girl. Her dark brown hair flowed to her waist and dark brown eyes that seem to go very well with her skin tone. Vivienne thought it would be a good start if she said hi to each of them. She went around the locker room and introduced herself once again. When she hit the last player in the room, she felt nervous, excited, like the wind knocked out of her.

Mike Richards stood up and said hi and put of his hand. She shook her head and gave a firm handshake. "You've got quite a hand for a little girl". "I'm not a little girl, I just happen to be...". Vivienne tried to search for the right word to describe her lack of height, and sound intelligent at the same time. "You're what?" Mike replied. "I'm just petite and some people find it cute" Vivienne said with a stern tone, she wanted to show these boys, especially the captain some authority. "Well I guess I'm one of the people, I think you're very cute" Mike said with a teasing voice. At that point, a smile slowly spread across Vivienne's face.