Status: completed!

Remember the Old Days?

She Knew It

Taylor walked into her house, expecting her mother to engulf her into a hug like she hasn’t seen her own daughter in years when in reality it has been a few hours. But there was no hug; her mother was calling her. Curious, Taylor made her way toward the kitchen where she would always find her mother. She wasn’t expected to see her sister sitting on a barstool, talking to their mother like she did nothing wrong.

“Oh, Taylor, honey, I didn’t hear you come in,” Their mother said, rushing over to give her youngest a hug.

“What is she doing here?” Taylor asked her mother, never looking at her. She had her eyes on Jess who stared back with a devilish smirk on her face.

“This is Jess’s home, too.” Their mother looked at Taylor with a warning look.

“She shouldn’t be welcome. She ruined this family as soon as we got it back together after what Levi did to this family.” Taylor looked at her mother, hoping she would agree with her.
Taylor watched her mother winced at the mention of Levi, Taylor’s brother, and what happened to him. Her mother shook her head and walked over to the stove. The place where she could think.

“Taylor, don’t say that. She’s your sister.”

“She is no sister of mine. My sister would have never said those things to you or ran away.” Taylor crossed her arms, trying her hardest to get her point across.

“Jess regrets what she has done. She just wants to be with her family again. Can you understand that, Taylor?”

Taylor shook her head. Her mother was crazy. “What’s the real reason you’re here, Jess? Do you need money? Did your no good of a boyfriend knock you up and now you want to leave the baby here and run away like you always do?” Taylor asked her sister, smirking. She always let her anger get the best of her.

“Taylor,” their mother screamed.

“Oh come on, Mom. You know Jess wouldn’t come back unless she needed something from us. Now tell us Jess. What do you need?”

Jess just sat there, looking at both her mom and sister. She was trying to get the sympathy but Taylor wasn’t buying it and hoped her mother wasn’t either.

“Taylor, like I told you at the mall. I just came to see my family,” Jess finally spoke, making sure she sounded as sweet as possible.

“See, Taylor, there’s no other reason why she’s here,” their mother said, smiling.

“Well, actually there is something I have to tell you,” Jess said, standing up. Taylor looked at her mother smirking to show she knew what she was talking about. “I’m pregnant and I’m getting married.”Jess lift up her left hand to show Taylor and their mother her engagement ring.

Taylor watched her mother engulf Jess in a hug, telling her how wonderful it is. Taylor knew Jess wouldn’t have come back if she could pay for the wedding. She need Dad’s checkbook. Taylor rolled her eyes, walking off to go to her room. She didn’t want to be around this anymore.

“Taylor, I wanted to ask you something,” Jess called from behind her. Taylor turned around, looking at her sister bored. “Will you be my maid of honor?”

“No,” Taylor said, walking off to her room.



“I can’t believe her,” Taylor said, throwing herself on her bed.

Charlie watched her. After Jess announced her news, Taylor called Charlie, telling him she needed him. It was over there in less then a minute. They were now sitting on Taylor’s bed. Charlie was listening to everything she had to say about her sister. He always liked Jess. Not because she was popular or pretty or anything; it was because she would do anything for Taylor. Jess loved her sister more than most sisters would admit to. Sure, Taylor and Jess got in fights but they always made up a minute later. Jess made sure Taylor had the best. That included the best boyfriend.

“So what are you plans with my sister?’ Jess asked Charlie who was sitting across from her on the couch in Taylor’s living room.

“Jess,” Taylor said sternly. “Please don’t run him off.”

“I’m not. I’m just asking him a few questions.” Jess laughed looking back at Charlie who seemed a little scared.

“I want to be with her,” Charlie replied honestly, hoping that was the right answer.

“In what way?” Jess asked. Taylor narrowed her eyes at her sister.

“In the I want to just hold her, kiss her and call her mine way.” Charlie took Taylor’s hand, smiling at Jess. “I really like your sister.”

Jess looked at their hands and then at each of their smiling faces. She smiled back. She knew Charlie wasn’t planning on hurting Taylor but she wasn’t going to let him know that.

“You do know that ever you break her heart I have to kill you right?” Jess asked Charlie, looking as serious as possible.

Charlie swallowed hard. “Yes, I do,” he said.

“Good.” Jess smiled and turned to her sister. “You picked a good one, little sis.”

“I know,” Taylor said, looking at Charlie.


“Charlie, what are you think about?” Taylor asked, putting her head on his shoulder and wrapped her arms around his torso.

“I was thinking about when we told Jess we were dating,” Charlie responded.

“Why would you being thinking about that?” Taylor raised her eyebrow.

“I was thinking about how she always wanted to best for you, and would do anything for you. Jess has changed a lot.” Taylor nodded her head in agreement.

“She has. But I don’t want to talk about it. I just want to be here with you,” Taylor said, kissing Charlie.
♠ ♠ ♠
i want to thank all those reading and subscriping (sp?). y'all are awesome. enjoy. comments made me happy. :)