Status: active

That's What a Wolf Will Do to You

Ouch!

~*Ashlyn*~

“Yes guys but there not mean or bad. Lacy told me your not really big on the whole guy thing and that’s OK we will work on that but just let me know about my offer I will be back tomorrow to know the answer. If that’s ok with you of course?” He asked

‘Was he crazy? And I'm going to kill Lacy she might as well have told him my whole life story. What does he want to ‘work on’ I’m going to be surrounded by guys not much I can do about it. Tomorrow really did he think I was going to let him go home to think about what he has offered so he can take it back tomorrow? Been there done that.’

So I just nodded my head and answered as politely as I could.

“Thank you but you won’t need to come back tomorrow I have already made I'm decision I will join your pack for the sake of the kids,” I said in a small voice

“Well that’s the way we show team spirit,” he said sarcastically. But in all honesty's he looked as if I just told him he had won a million dollars. ‘Why did me excepting his offer make him so happy? But his comment made me want to laugh. He was so cute. But he was still a man and he still scared me but not like most men that if they spook to me I wanted to run and hide under my bed. He didn’t though and that made me curious.’

But I grinned a little. This made him have a satisfied look on his face for some reason. But I shrugged it off.

“OK well would you rather come with us today or tomorrow?” he asked

“Could you please start to move my stuff today I think I will be better if I don’t think about what I’m getting myself into before I can talk myself out of it,” I said in complete honesty.

“Ok look I would love for you and me to sit down and get know each other better because from what Lacy told me and the way your acting makes me think that you are not going to have it easy in the den. More than half my pack are males.”

‘Great just great! More than half. I just kept telling myself that the kids will be better and safer and in a pack and nothing can be worse than that night. It will be OK just breathe.’

“None of them are going to hurt you I promise you that but I would like to know what happened that made you this afraid,” he asked

‘Why does he want to know my deepest secret. Should I tell him? He seems trustable as a man can get. And he is alpha so I will have to be around him some of the time and I much rather be with him than another person.’
“Um….” I hesitated. But against my better judgment I was going to tell him might as well get comfortable. So I leaned back and propped my arm up on a pillow totally forgetting about the burn form the pan. Too late now.

“OH MY GOD IT HURTS!” I screamed

Blake ran at me to what I assume to see if I was OK well it least I hoped. Lacy ran down the hall with Emily in her arms and Jayden running after her. Blake waved them off so Lacy took the kids in the bedroom. I now had tears running down my face clinching my arm. Blake was trying to pry my other hand off so he could look at it. He looked upset, nervous, and very concerned not exactly what you would see every stranger doing. But right now it didn’t matter I just wanted the pain to stop.

I was whimpering and crying. Blake finally got me to release my hand from my other arm.

“It’s going to be OK, shush it will be all right,” he slowly whispered to me

“It hurts, it hurts,” I kept repeating over and over while still crying

“I know, but you have to let me see OK?” he asked in the sweetest voice I had every heard but he couldn’t be nice no men were nice they will be for a little while then turn on you.

Blake grabbed my arm and started to look at it. I had stopped crying enough to speak. I whimper as he put a little pressure on it.

“OK it looks like a very bad burn, but let’s go run some cold water over it and get it cleaned up OK?” he asked

I looked up at him with tear stained eyes and slowly nodded my head. He really seemed to care about me. But why he barley knows me. But right now all I wanted was to be comforted and fixed. Maybe he is an OK guy.

He helped me off the couch holding on to my elbow right below the burn and snaked the other around my waist so that most of my weight was on him. He helped me into the kitchen. Right next to the sink where he turned me around so that I was facing him, he lifted me up as if I was as light as a feather and placed me on the counter. I felt my heart flutter and my stomach grow butterflies. When he looked up at me with those eyes of complete care. ‘What was this feeling? Did I like him? No I couldn’t he will just hurt me like all the rest of them did.’

I could stare into those eyes all day they held so much emotion that it would take weeks to figure out. But I couldn’t let myself get attached. So I looked away. He slowly reached out to my arm and grabbed it softly. Flipped on the faucet and placed my arm under the water. When he did it made it sting I wanted to pull away. But he stopped me.

“I know it hurts but it needs to be washed out. It won’t hurt very long I promise,” he said with a smile.

I nodded my head hoping that he was right. I stopped struggling under his hold and after a little while it did stop hurting. He turned off the water and placed my arm on my lap.

“Don’t move it or let it touch anything OK?”

I nodded

“Where is your medical supplies?”

“Under the sink, right side,” I said in a hoarse voice form all the crying

He bent down and opened the cabinet. It felt good to be pampered and taken care of. ‘Is this how every man was supposed to act? Taking care of you helping you? Because he’s the first man to do so in my life.’

When he found the first aid kit he popped back up. Making me jump slightly out of habit not because he scared me but I think that’s what he thought because he had the hurt expression on his face once I did.

“OK I'm going to put some cream on it and bandage it up so don’t undo it for at least the rest of the day it could still get infected,” he told me

I nodded my head. And held out my arm to him I guess in a way I did kind of trust him. He was nice and he helped me he is taking care of me. He better not ruin it because it doesn’t come easily.

He was finishing up when Lacy walked in with Jayden wrapped around her leg and Emily crawling behind them. I smiled at them. Lacy was very good with the kids and I loved having her around it made me less lonely. I wonder sometimes if god forgot to give me a mate or I did something to make me lose mine because I pray that James just made that up about us being mates god forbid that man was anybody’s mat.

“So how are things going and are you OK Ash? What happened?” Lacy asked as she bent down and picked up Jayden.

“I think they’re going fine and yes I'm fine I just slipped this morning and accidentally dumped a pan of sausage on me this morning,” I said with my newly found confident around Blake.

“Great I'm glad you two are getting along,” she said Jayden finally wiggled out of her arms and walked over to Blake.

“Why are you here?” he asked Blake.

“I'm here so you and your sister can come stay with me and my pack,” Blake said back

“Oh well. Who are you?” Jayden asked again

“I'm Blake,” he said as he held his hand out

“Are you going to hurt Ashy like the last man did?”

“Jayden why don’t you go start to pack our and Emily’s things I think that’s enough questions today,” I said sternly

‘Why of all time did he have to bring that up?’

“OK,” Jayden said and ran back down the hall to his room with Emily wobbling behind trying to keep up.

“What did he mean last time?” Blake asked very sternly

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I said

“So why don’t I help Ash pack her things while you go get the car to put them in OK?” Lacy spoke up very quickly

“Fine but I still want to know what he is talking about Ashlyn.”

“I'm not ready to talk about it OK! I just started to barley trust you so don’t push it,” I shot back

“Your starting to trust me?” he asked with complete happiness in his voice
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey sorry its kinda shorter. i will post soon tho. Help me out with some ideas if you want. and i need comments or subscriptions if you want new update. thanks
-Caroline