Dancing To A Song With No Lyrics

Chapter One.

Here I was, a young girl going to school in Chicago. It was a Friday night and I should be out partying and hooking up with guys. What am I doing? Sitting in a Starbucks reading a book and drinking spiced chai tea. It was getting late already and people had started to leave but I didn't care. I sat in the corner in a big red chair. My nose stuck in a book when a man sat down in a chair next to me and pulled out his Macbook. You really couldn't pick another place to sit, dude? I hated when people did that. I peered over the book while I took a sip of my tea and almost spit it out. That's when he looked over at me and smiled.
“Sorry.” I said quietly.
“No worries. Are you okay?” He asked me smiling.
“Yeah.” I said giggling and then I put my eyes back to my book so he wouldn't think I was stalking him. He had the most amazing green eyes and a smile that melted my heart. His brown hair was messy and it looked like he hadn't shaved in a few days. He was the only man, in my humble opinion, that didn't look like a hockey player. It was Patrick Sharp of the Blackhawks.
“I'm sorry but can I ask why a pretty young gal like yourself is not out on the town?” He said. I put my book down a little bit and looked at him.
“Uh, well would you believe me if I said I was a socially awkward person who would much rather be reading a book than getting trashed?” I said laughing.
“You don't seem socially awkward.” He said.
“You're Patrick effing Sharp. This is way more awkward on my side than yours. But in a good way.” I said.
“Oh, so you know me?” He asked with a big grin.
“Well, duh. You're a freaking beast on the ice.” I said. Freaking beast? Oh my god, Blaine. You are still in grade school.
“I am?” He asked laughing.
“I'm sorry, I'm totally stuck in grade school. You'll have to excuse my awesome vocabulary. But yes, I think you're a fantastic player.” I said.
“What school to do you go to?” He asked me.
“University of Chicago.” I said.
“That's a really great school. No wonder you're reading.” He said laughing.
“Eh, I'm an overachiever, what can I say?” I said laughing.
“So, you know my name. What's yours?” He asked me.
“Blaine.” I said sticking out my hand for him to shake it.
“Nice to meet you, Blaine.” He said.
“So are you from Chicago?” He asked me.
“Nope. Ohio.” I said.
“That's kinda far away. What brings you to the big city?” He asked.
“I like cities. I grew up in a small town and I did not like it at all. I like the busyness and chaos of Chicago.” I said.
“Me too. I never thought I would be so happy to get traded. I ended up in a great place.” He said. I just smiled and nodded at him. One of the baristas came over to us.
“Uh, yeah we're closing in ten minutes.” He said.
“Alright.” I said. He walked back to the counter and I just sat there and sighed and closed my book.
“Starbucks should be twenty-four hours.” Patrick said.
“Amen.” I said laughing.
“Look, I know we just met and everything but would you like to go out?” He asked me.
“Like a date?” I asked with my eyes widening.
“Yeah, like a date.” He said smiling.
“Yeah, that'd be fun.” I said trying to play it cool while I was doing cartwheels on the inside. “Can I ask you something quick?” He said.
“Yeah.” I said.
“How old are you?” He asked me laughing.
“Twenty-one.” I said not really sure why he was asking.
“I'm twenty-eight.” He said.
“Oh hey, that was my old jersey number.” I said laughing. Patrick packed up his laptop and I packed up my book and we both went outside. We quickly exchanged phone numbers and then stood there for a minute.
“It was nice meeting you, Patrick.” I said sweetly.
“Nice meeting you too, Blaine. I'll call you soon.” He said. We said our good byes and went opposite ways. Who knew that was the beginning of a life changing person.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are great!