Dancing To A Song With No Lyrics

Chapter Two.

It had been two days since I met Patrick Sharp. At first, I was pretty pumped he asked me out and then I just figured he was being nice and asked me out. I sortta realized he probably just forgot about me and I was now just another name in his phone book. I had just finished an extra class and I was walking around on campus when my phone went off. “Hello?” I answered.
“Hi, is this Blaine?” The voice asked.
“Yes, can I ask who is speaking?” I said politely.
“Awh you're so polite. This is Patrick, we met the other night.” He said.
“Ah yes. Hi, there!” I said.
“So, are you still up for going on a date with me?” He asked.
“Yes, I am.” I said.
“Would tonight be okay? I have a free night and it's a Sunday so it wouldn't be too busy out.” He said.
“Yeah, that'd be perfect.” I told him.
“Do you live on campus? I could pick you up there.” He said.
“Nawh, I live in an apartment. I can text you the address.” I said.
“Okay, that'd be great. So, dinner and then just hang out? I'll pick you up around seven. Is that okay?” He asked.
“Yeah, sounds great.” I said.
“Awesome. I will see you tonight then.” He said and we both said good bye and hung up.
It was about four in the afternoon so I went home and cleaned it up quickly. I hopped in the shower and then got ready. It was November and it was starting to get chilly in the evening. I put on a grey long sleeved shirt and some dark skinny jeans. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed. I had some pretty vibrant red hair. Well, technically it was red violent hair. I was kinda pale, not going to lie. I had small bags under my eyes from school but what college kid didn't? I wasn't stick thin but I wasn't massive either. I was just kinda, medium. I put on some purple flats and put on a swing grey coat and looked at the clock it was seven already. I just decided I would meet him in the lobby. I walked downstairs and it was a little busy. People were going in and out and checking their mail. I sat down in one of the chairs and started looking at my Blackberry. A few minutes later I saw Patrick standing in front of me.
“You ready to go?” He asked. I smiled and nodded and got up. Patrick held the door open for me and we went out.
“I kinda parked far away because apparently your building has like no parking spots.” He said laughing.
“Sorry about that.” I laughed.
We walked to his car where he opened the door for me and then we drove off. We pulled into the parking lot and made our way inside the small restaurant. We sat down and the waitress asked for our drink.
“I'll just have chai tea.” I said.
“I'll have what she's having.” Patrick said smiling. After she left, Patrick started asking me questions.
“So, what are you majoring in?” He asked me.
“Political Science. I'm starting the pre-law program soon.” I said.
“That's pretty intimidating. You want to be a lawyer?” He asked.
“Yeah, I guess. I always thought I would wind up going into politics but I can't really control myself. I'm thinking civil rights attorney but who knows.” I said laughing.
“I would ask what you do, but I kinda know already.” I said laughing.
“You're a hockey fan?” He asked me.
“Well, I grew up in Cleveland so we didn't have much hockey. My brother played though and we kinda grew up as Penguins fans.” I said laughing.
“Are you still?” He asked.
“Yeah, I watch them when I can. I mean, I don't watch hockey like I used to because of school. I still follow it though.” I said.
“Ouch. What about my team?” He asked laughing.
“I watch you guys play, don't worry.” I said. Patrick smiled and we ordered our food. While we were eating he brought something up.
“I'm assuming you don't have a boyfriend because we're on a date. Am I right?” He asked. I started laughing.
“Trust me, you don't have to worry about me having a boyfriend. I don't have one. You don't have a girlfriend right?” I asked laughing.
“Nope.” He said smiling.
I asked Patrick about hockey and about everything else.
“I feel so boring compared to you, good lord.” I said laughing.
“Why is that?” He asked.
“Like I sit around and read and go to school. I think the only exciting thing about me is that I go to concerts religiously.” I laughed.
“That sounds exciting. Sometimes it's pretty brutal leaving all the time.” He said.
“I guess it would be sometimes.” I said.
“I think you have a pretty exciting life. I'd like it, at least.” He said smiling. We finished our meal and he paid for it. We were walking around downtown Chicago and talking.
“Thank you for paying for our meal. That was really kind of you.” I said.
“Anytime. I hope I can do it again sometime.” He said smiling and looking down at me. “You're too tall.” I said giggling.
“I'm not that tall.” He said laughing.
“Maybe I just getting short. I hate being short.” I groaned.
“You're not that short.” He said.
“You're going to have to practically bend down to even be face level with me.” I said laughing. Patrick stopped me from walking forward by catching my elbow. We stood there and he kissed me. He had his hand on my lower back and his other hand on my cheek. I tried hard to let my knees buckle or let my leg lift up behind me.
“See? I don't need to bend down to reach you.” He said winking at me.
“Oh my.” I said blushing.
“So, does that mean we can go on another date?” He asked with a big grin.
“Yeah, I think so.” I laughed still blushing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments.
Keep 'em up, yo!
:)