The Label-Less Girl

I think the teacher, fate or Shakespeare hate me

The next day, I woke up to the sound of my mother yelling at something or someone. I glanced at my bedside clock: 5:00 am. I got up and went to get a shower, then I got dressed and went to the kitchen.

“Morning, mom,” I said while I poured coffee on a cup.

“Morning,” she said, reading the news.

I grabbed my bottle of pills and put to in my mouth before swallowing them with my coffee; I ate an apple and went upstairs to get my schoolbag and my things. While I was looking for my black and red bow, my cellphone rang, I grabbed it and checked the ID: Ray.

“How did you get my number?” I said answering, why the hell was Ray calling me?
“We met at the party yesterday, you probably don’t remember, you were a little buzzed,” he said.

Not good, I am so dead. My mom is planning my dead right now.

“You’re mom doesn't know. Your sister and I took you to your room before she noticed,” he explained, reading my mind.

“Oh, very well then, what is the motive of your call?” I asked.

“I just wanted to invite you to a gig we have tonight,” he whispered.

“Why are we whispering?” I whispered back.

“Frank is here, I want to surprise him,” he whispered.

“Can we talk about this at school?” I asked.

“Fine, by the way, you suck at being James Bond,” he said before hanging up.

I looked at my phone and shook my head, I glanced at the clock: 7:00 am. I should be leaving to school now.

I parked at my usual spot, Gerard’s car was already there, my friends and I got out of the car and we started to walk to our classes. Today Erin and I had English first, when we arrived at the class we saw Mikey and Frank in different tables, which meant…

“Bella, I saved you a seat!” Frank yelled excitedly at me, waving his arms.

“Go and seat with lover boy,” Erin said making a kissy face at me.

I stuck out my tongue and went to seat beside Frank.

“How was the party yesterday?” he asked.

“How do you know?” I asked.

“Ray told me about it, who knew his dad was almost a millionaire?” he said smiling at me.

“Oh, right,” I said.

The bell rang and the teacher entered the classroom. Her name was Ms. Peyton, she was young and loved to read, she was my favorite teacher.

“Class, since I know most of you don’t know each other, we are going to do a pair project,” she smiled at us.

Fine, I’m going to pair up with Erin…

“The pairs will be consisting of a boy and a girl, we will be doing scenes of some of Shakespeare’s plays,” she continued.

This is not good, definitely not good.

“I will now say who is going to pair with whom, then one of you has to come and grab a paper from this hat, the paper will say which scene you are going to do.” She said.

Dear Lord, I know you love me and want me to be happy, please pair me with someone other than Frank “sexy” Iero…

“Miss Baker, your partner is going to be Mr. Iero”

Dear Lord, I hate you.

I saw Frank look at me and then he went to the teacher’s desk, he pulled out a paper out of the hat, he read it, smirked and hand it over to the teacher.

“The scene you will be playing shall be the Scene V of the first Act”

Which scene is that? Damn my family for not liking Shakespeare.

Frank returned to our table and smirked at me, I hate that smirk, it makes me want to kiss him… What am I saying?

“You don’t know what scene we are doing, do you?” he asked still smirking.

“No, should I?” I said, afraid.

“It’s the scene where Romeo kisses Juliet” he smiled.

Note to self: I think the teacher, fate or Shakespeare hate me.