Heart-Shaped Glasses

First Day

"Ok so you can count right?" Tally asked as she showed me around her shop.

I nodded.

"I'm going to put ya on the job of register, so ya goin' to be collecting the dough."

I nodded again. It was 7:00 on Saturday morning. I told my boss about me moving jobs and she understood. Well I gave the reason that the distance was causing me problems and that I was offered a job that paid better and was closer. Actually, I am not quite sure how much Tally is paying me. All I know is that it was the only tattoo parlor for about another 4 hours.

"Maybe I'll see how ya work with the tools when we have lunch break."

I smiled; I did not mind needles so this should not be that hard. The little bell rung and a person walked in. He looked about 20 and hot. I let my eyes linger on his buff arms for a second before Tally nudged me. I quickly adverted my gaze, but damn he had a pair of guns.

"Hi ya, what's up?" Tally greeted him. He took his eyes away from looking at the pictures on the walls to Tally. He smiled.

"I'm just here to get a tattoo. I heard you were good," He said.

Tally was a natural, "Just pick your print from the wall, but for you I'll do one special." She leaned on the counter closer to him.

He smiled and pointed to a design, "I like that one, but can you write a date on the scull?"

She nodded, "of course." She took him to the corner of the shop and sat him on the chair. She called to me, "Jamie can you grab the font book?"

I nodded and quickly made my way to the shelf were it was kept. I brought it over while she re disinfected her equipment.

"Thanks love." She said and let him flip through it. She had me hold her disinfectant while she continued with her job.

I fiddled with some things at the counter while she tattooed the man. The bell on the door rang again. I looked over to the closed curtain where Tally was, then to the next costumer.

"Hello, is Tally in?" a girl about my age asked.

I smiled, "She's with a customer right now, can I help you?"

She nodded, "Can you tell her that Lilly stopped by?"

"Yep, no problem," I wrote the message down so I wouldn’t forget it. the girl dragged her feet leaving and gingerly opened and closed the front door. I couldn't help myself from wondering who that was. Tally interrupted my train of thought.

"Jamie I need you," she called from behind the black curtain.

I quickly pushed past it to reveal a wonderful design that filled up most of the man's forearm.

"Wow that's really nice, Tally" I let her see my surprised expression.

"Well what did you expect?"

I shrugged and helped her with what she needed.

****

"Hey sweaty," I called from my kitchen as Ashley walked trough the front door.

"Hey Jamie, what's up?" she placed her purse on the counter. "Fun first day?"

I chuckled, "you could say that."

She smirked, "see any hot guys at the parlor?"

I laughed and playfully shoved her, "hey I have a boyfriend and so do you. But if you really must know, yes, yes I did."

That only caused her smirk to turn into a smile, "oo what he look like?"

"o you know…" I trailed off, "tall, muscular, and handsome. What more can you want?"

"oooo what if Frank finds out you’re looking at other guys,"

I rolled my eyes at her, "and how would he find out?" I raised an eyebrow.

She just smiled.

"Oh jeez, Ashley you know I could say t he same about you and Noel."

She shrugged, "he doesn't care. We know our standards. But in your case, you two got together like 4 or 5 months ago, in my book still young."

I laughed at her reasoning, "whatever you say sensi."

"Yes, yes grasshopper," she answered and left me to use the bathroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's sort of lame but I have started a new story so this one might be on hold. go look at it. i hope you all like it, it's called the hands of time strip youth from our bodies.
happy reading