Status: Preparing to be re-written.

25 To Life

011

“I don’t want teh go.” I said once they all made the decision that I was to go on a eight month tour with them.

“Well teh bad Emma yer goin’!” Dad snapped with his fist on the table. Instead of saying anything I just went up to our room.

I started to unpack my things I dragged my clothing box into the walk-in closet and begun to hang up my clothes. I didn’t color code them or did anything fancy, I just hung them up. Dad walked in as I was dragging my shoes box into the closet.

“Emma babeh, ‘m sorreh I snapped. Bu’ weh ‘ave teh talk sum mo’ abou’ our relationship.” Dad said watching me as I filled up the shoe shelves on my side.

“OK.” I said waiting for him to continue.

“I need yeh teh call meh Oli or Oliver when yer goin’ teh call meh dad. It would make meh feel mo’ like yer boyfriend if yeh did.” Dad said letting me inside of his head for once.

“OK, I’ll call yeh by yer name, but wha’ if we break up?” I said standing up and getting ready for bed since I was almost twelve in the morning.

I forgot England has a different time frame then L.A. I unzipped my dress and took off my bra, leaving me in my panties.

“We ar' neva splitin' up. Yeh said yeh wan’ed teh dye yer ‘air black?” Dad as I slipped on my sleeping shorts and a tank-top. I nodded my head. “We will ge’ I’ done tomorrow. I should unpack teh and weh will finish wha’ I star’ed.” He said coming over and kissing me.

I walked out from the closet as soon as dad let me go. I turned on the TV and put on a random cartoon. I climbed into bed just as my phone went off. I picked it up to see it was Andy again.

“’ello?” I asked into the speaker.

“Hey.” Andy’s deep voice responded.

“’Ey Andeh, ‘ow was your set?”

“It was good, I was thinking about you through the whole set. I miss you Emma.”

“I know yeh do Andeh but I can’t be wif yeh. ‘M going on tour wif me dad and I am so worried about this pregnancy fing.”

“You’re going on tour? But you can’t your pregnant! What tour are you going on?”

“I donno bu’ I’s eight months long.”

“I’m going on the same tour! Maybe we can meet up at the first venue?”

“I ‘ave teh talk teh me dad, I donno if ‘e will let me. I might be ‘anging with BMTH the ‘ole tour.”

“So have you given any thought about coming to live with me?” just then dad ran out of the closet in his sleeping boxers and stage dived on to the bed.

I laughed a bit as he shimmied his face to my belly and started to talk to it.

“Teh tell yeh the truth Andeh, no I have no’ thought about moving in wif yeh.”

“Is your dad in the room? Did he stop fucking you once he found out that you were prego?”

“Yeah me dad is in the room, ‘e’s talking teh me belleh. No ‘e didn’t stop in fact ‘e asked me teh be ‘is girlfriend.”

“You’re dating your dad? Just wait once the tour is over you’re going to want to come live with me.” And then he hung up.

I let out a huge breath and put my phone on the night stand.
Dad shimmied up some more so his face was in front on mine.

He kissed my forehead and got under the covers next to me. I climbed into his open arm and we fell asleep like that.

I woke up to dad’s light snores I saw something move in the corner of my eye so I looked and nearly jumped out of my skin.

“Uncle Tom wha’ are yeh doing?” I asked prying my dad’s arms off of me so I can sit up.

“Can yeh make breakfast? ‘M hungreh.” He said patting his stomach. I got up and we walked to the kitchen.

“Wha’ do yeh want Uncle Tom?” I asked as he sat at the breakfast bar.

“Eggs will do. Yeh kno’ yeh can’ call meh Uncle aneh mo’. Right?” He said.

“So wha’ are yeh doing up this earleh Tom?” I asked.

“I don’ realleh kno’, but I do kno’ tat Oleh is a luckeh man.” I looked over to him when he said that.

“Why do yeh say that?” I asked handing him his eggs and a fork.

“‘Eh ‘as yeh.” He said just as dad came in and sat next to him.

“Wha’ yeh want teh eat d- Oli?” I cut myself off from saying ‘dad’.

“Eggs on toas’ please?” I asked and I nodded. I put two pieces of bread in the toaster and got to work making the eggs.

“Wha’ time do yeh wan’ teh go teh the salon?” Dad asked.

“‘M thinking around noon?” I said taking the toast out of the toaster and putting it on a plate. I put the now finished eggs on top of the toast and handed it to dad with a fork and butter knife.

“We ‘ave teh go teh the clinic.” I said sitting across from dad.

“Fer wha’?” Tom asked putting his plate in the dishwasher.

“I ‘ave teh ‘ave an ultra sound done, yeh know teh check on the babeh.” I explained to him. He nodded in understanding.

“Ight I will make a appointment when weh come ‘ome from the salon.” He said giving me a bit of his food. I looked at the clock and saw that it was already eleven I got up and walked to the door of the kitchen.

“Whea yeh goin!?” Dad shouted to me.

“Teh get readeh.”