Status: Under Construction.

Distant Flowers

Memories

x- Masquerade’s P.O.V -x

“What the hell are you talking about? Did you get high or something?” Willow whispered, turning on the lamp next to my bed.

“No…I wish, but no. Anyway, you finally thought of something bad in your life, and its sneaking around a stranger’s house? I’m actually proud of you!” I told her, earning a slap on the head.

“Ow. But okay, I’ll go if you really will” I rubbed my eyes then sat up, pushing Willow away from me. She ended up falling on the floor.

“Owwie! That hurt! You meannie!” She said childishly. I think that means she took her anxiety pills already. Great. I bet you’re wondering what I mean by that right? Well, you see, there’s a long story behind those pills. But I can’t explain it right now.

“What? You were too close to my face, so I pushed you” I casually said, putting my hair into a messy bun. Then I noticed what Willow was wearing as she got up.

“What’s with the retarded clothes?” I asked, getting out of bed and changing my clothes to some sweats and a tank top.

“They are not retarded! And I found them in one of my drawers” She said offended. I scoffed.

“We’re going to sneak around a mansion, not join a freaking cult woman. Oh, in one of those? I thought you might have found it in that horrible closet with those horrible dresses…sorry but I don’t want my ass to show with every step I take in one of those slutty dresses. Nope” I said nodding to myself.

“Please, you’re just over-reacting. Those dresses only end mid thigh, not above that to the point where you can see your own bottom! A-S-S is a bad word!” Willow rolled her eyes as she spoke. Yeah, I’m over-reacting, sure.

Walking to the mini-fridge I had in my room, I took out a can of beer. Willow ended up snatching the can out of my hand right before I opened it. “What the hell!” I almost screamed.

“Where the fuck did you get this?! And you’re only 16! It’s illegal for you to drink this!” She exclaimed, angry and wide-eyed. Eh….her anxiety pills never get in the way of her protective-ness when I get grabby for drugs and drinks….

“I found it in the kitchen! Now give it back! Let live, you’re no fun!” I frowned, reaching to take back the can. Willow seriously didn’t want me to drink it, so she just put her left arm behind her back and backed away and stuck out her right hand wagging her finger to me saying “No way, José!”

So instead, I went back to the fridge and got a lollipop. ‘Damn you sister! And I thought I would get away with drinking it too… Oh, wait...

“Stop taking food from the fridge! Didn’t you eat dinner or something already? After all, you did say you went to the kitchen” Willow said putting the can in her cloak pocket “And I better not see or hear you trying to drink beer again! You hear me? ‘Cuz now I can TELL when you DO!”

“WHA-oh wait…riiight!” I said as I smiled, remembering what I did earlier that had something to do with beer…Then I blushed as I thought about the thing that had led me to the beer thing…

5 Hours Ago…

‘ Je veux que tu me veux,
J'ai besoin que tu as besoin de moi.
J'aimerais que tu m'aimes.
Je vais briller les vieilles chaussures marron, mettre une chemise neuve,
Je vais rentrer tôt du travail si vous dites que vous m'aimez!’


I sang loudly as I Want You To Want Me by Cheap trick was playing in the room. I was singing it in French while I was wearing batman panties and my Elmo bra and dancing around like a retard. I know it’s an old song, but I love it. It reminded me of two things; my only friend I had back in 3rd grade, Sarah. Er…well, Sarah was a bitch. A cold, slutty bitch. I just wanted someone to sit next to during lunch to seem like I wasn’t a loner. It reminded me of her ‘cause when we had this substitute teacher back then, she used to sing that song many times for two reasons;
1. She had a major crush on him.
2. That was his favorite song.
That’s how much of a slut she was and still is. I try to not think about it or her whenever I play the song but it kinda weaves its way into my brain. The other thing that this song reminds me of a cute young couple that lived next to us when we were little. They always gave Willow and I lollipops and presents on holidays. The wife, Marcy, said it was their song since high school. I had a small crush on her husband Troy. Now that I think of it, he looks like Andy Sixx with short hair and spiderbites. Marcy and Troy were the parents I never had. Always took care of me when Willow was with her mom and stepfather in California.

I heard the door open then I stopped dead in my tracks(or jumping/dancing frenzy) and my head snapped to the door to reveal a blushing-madly Vladimir. Both of our eyes widened and his eyes scanned my body. I blushed then jumped in the nearest closet that I saw.

I heard the door slam and Vladimir yell a quick “Sorry!”.

I quickly threw on some basketball shorts and a white v-neck on before sliding down the wall trying to calm down and wait for my cheeks to stop burning. When I felt my cheeks cool down, I put on some slippers then slowly walked out the door and to the downstairs kitchen to find Vladmir pacing around the island mumbling that sounded like 'Shit.' I bit my lip and debated whether I should have said something or not. Vlad cleared his throat then my eyes flicked to him.

A blush crept up my neck and I fumbled for words to say. "Uh, what happened-" He cut me off.

"It was my fault. I shouldn't have walked in without knocking." Vlad whispered, hiding his face behind his hair.

I bit my lip, shaking my head. "I should've been more dressed, or not make been dancing at all." I mumbled.

Vlad chuckled, and my eyebrow shot up in confusion. "Its unbelievable how after all these centuries, you still are the same. Funny, you care about everyone, sweet, cute..." Vlad blushed a bit at the last part of his sentence.

A smile played my lips, "I didn't know I had changed, I mean, just because I've been gone for almost 4 centuries doesn't mean I change that much. Or maybe it does...." I trailed off, trying to process what I had just said myself.

Vlad's eyebrows furrowed in confusion and I could feel that question coming up; the question that brought us here. "Why did you leave anyway?" His voice cracked at the end.

"I don't remember; but I have flashes of what happened in my dreams. Maybe I'll be able to all of you guys some time.The full story, though, not pieces of it." Raelynn spoke for me.

I felt bad about lying to Vlad; they'll all think October and Raelynn are still alive when they're straight 6 feet under the ground dead.

Vlad looked at me sadly."Alright, if you don't want to tell me, fine. But you will have to explain to M-"He cut himself off and looked at me.

I sighed then rolled my eyes. "Why are you worrying about that now?" I mumbled, finding my fingernails extravagantly interesting at the moment. Vlad sighed then grabbed something from the fridge.

"Whatever, I'm just glad you're back and well. Though you do look different." He mumbled as he got two glasses out of the cabinet.

"So do you, you look more...well, let's just say you're more attractive than the boys I went to school with for the last centuries. " I giggled as he blushed. Vlad put two cans of beer on the island with the two glass cups. I raised my eyebrow in slight confusion and a small evil smirk making its way upon my lips.

"Alcohol; the world's best problem remedy."Vlad stated, pouring the cans in the cups.

"Vlad, I swear, I'm making sure you don't have kids. Even though you'd be the most kick ass father ever, I'm pretty sure you'd let them lead a prostitute ring if they wanted." I mumbled as I put the glass to my lips. Vlad put on a thinking face for a moment before looking at me in shock.

"Promise me you won't hurt my south region." He said cautiously. while his hand slowly traveled downwards to cover his 'south region'. I laughed at the look on his face and put my glass down.

"I'm not that harsh. Besides, we both know you would love it if I touched your south pole anyway." I giggled, bringing the cup to my lips again.