Status: comment ! comment ! comment ! :3

Listen To Your Heart.

Beginning.

I couldn’t wait to get off this plane, 18 hours was just a tad too long for my liking. Although, 18 hours seemed like only a couple of minutes when I thought about why I was here in Arizona.

John.

I hadn’t seen John since we were young, well younger. We were best friends, and then my dad got a promotion and we had to move. It broke my heart having to leave John, but what hurt the most was not being able to see him grow up and be the amazing, caring man I knew he would become.

It was John’s birthday in a couple of days and Jenny (Johns mum) had called me; it was so nice to hear from her, she was like my second mother when I was growing up.

So here I am, standing in Arizona airport waiting for a woman I haven’t seen in 6 years. Then I see Jenny walking towards me with a smile on her face and a tear on her cheek. Aw, I missed this woman so much.

“My beautiful girl” Jenny pulled me into a tight hug, “I missed you; I can’t believe it has been 6 years.” She had tears gushing down her face.
“Aw Jenny, I missed you too. I can’t believe I'm back here.” I smiled a grabbed my bag, we started walking through the airport out to the car park.
“Where is John?”
“John is at home, I actually didn’t tell him you were coming down, I wanted it to be a surprise.”
I became nervous; I mean I haven’t seen John in 6 years.

~

The O’Callaghan house was just how I remembered it, I sighed when I thought about all the memories I had here. Most of my childhood was here, I couldn’t help but smile. Jenny grabbed my bag from the boot and we walked into the house.

I smiled; it was exactly the same as it was 6 years ago. The staircase still in perfect condition, photo’s covering the walls and the kitchen straight ahead.

“Is that you mom?” John called from the kitchen.
“Yes honey, there is someone here for you John.” Jenny smiled at me and I watched as John turned around and looked at me.
“Surprise?” I smiled as John’s mouth fell open, he basically ran towards me.
“Belle!” I chuckled as John lifted me off the ground in a very tight bear hug. He couldn’t even finish his sentence “What are you- I mean.” I finished off John’s sentence for him.

“What am I doing here? Well, it’s your birthday soon isn’t it? Do the math Johnny” John just laughed. “Aw Bee, I missed you.” John still hadn’t let go of me. “I haven’t been called Bee in well, 6 years.”
We both chuckled and finally John released me.
It felt good to be back home with my best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
just the start,
comments please ?

X