Don't Pretend

Vier

“See you tomorrow? I asked standing in front of Oli’s mirror looking at Amanda through the reflection.

“I’ll beh there.” She smiled walking out of the bathroom.

I took a big breath in before letting it out and following Amanda out the door. When I walked back into the living room everyone was looking at me. Tom stood up immediately.

“Is everythin’ alrigh’?” He asked, obviously concerned.

“Yeah, I’m feeling kinda sick, I think I’m gonna go home.” I stated awkwardly.

“What did yeh do Tommeh? Poison ‘er drink?” Matt laughed and Amanda sent him a death stare.

“Shut teh ‘ell up Matt, nobodeh likes you.” Tom rolled his eyes, “Would yeh like meh teh walk yeh back? Maybeh keep yeh some company?”

“Sure,” I answered a little too quickly, “I mean, yeah that’d be nice.”

Tom smiled and led me out the door.

“’m sorreh about Matteh, ‘es a ‘uge twat.” He said scratching his head as I fumbled with the door.

“It’s okay,” I smiled letting him in, “He seems cool anyway.”

Tom nodded sitting down on my couch with me.

“So what do you want to do? Want me to get us something to eat?” I asked.

“I’m good,” Tom smiled, “Want teh just get teh know each otha’? I ‘ave a feelin’ I’ll beh seein’ a lot of yeh.”

My heart melted when he smiled and I nodded my head, “Sounds good.”

“So ‘ere exactleh are yeh from?”

“Maryland.” I answered pulling a face.

“Do yeh not like it there?”

“It’s nothing compared to here,” I smiled, “I really like it here.”

“Jus’ ‘cause I’m ‘ere.” Tom laughed shyly.

“Oh yeah,” I laughed, “What about you, are you from Sheffield?”

“Basicalleh. Oli and I grew up ‘ere but then we just moved downtown.” He explained.

I nodded, “So what do you and Oli do?”

“Well Oli is in a band… I’m surprised yeh don’t recognize ‘im.” He said.

I raised my eyebrows, “Really? What’s it called?”

“Yeah, their Bring meh teh ‘orizon.”

I smiled softly, “Yeah, I guess I’ve never heard of them. I don’t really get out much.” I laughed.

“And why is ‘at.”

My hand became clammy and I swallowed hard, “I uh, I’m just not very outgoing.” I bluffed.

“Aye, ‘ats fine. Neither am I.” He smiled patting my leg.

I smiled, “Well that’s good. I won’t always be alone here.”

“Believe meh. Now that yeh know all of us. Yeh’ll nevah beh alone.” He laughed.

“Oh man,” I laughed along, “You never told me what you do.” I pointed out.

He shrugged playing with the zipper on his hoodie, “I do a lot of stuff I s’pose,” He paused, “I do a lot of photography, I work at Oli’s clothing company, an’ sometimes I go on tour wif Bring Meh teh ‘elp Matt wif drums.” He explained.

“Wow, I’m kinda jealous.” I laughed, truly jealous.

He shrugged, “But ‘m always in teh shadow of Oli. I’d just like teh do somethin’ fer myself once an’ awhile. ‘at’s why I do photography I guess.”

I scoffed, “People like Oli better than you?”

“All teh girls swoon ova’ ‘im.”

“Well I like you better Tom, a lot better.” I smiled going in to hug him.
I sighed in, wrapping my arms around his neck. We stated like that for a couple moments before I pulled away to sit back where I was.

“I’ll be right back, you can turn on the TV if you’d like.” I smiled handing him the remote before walking into my kitchen. There I poured myself a glass of water and looked for my pill box. I opened the right one for the day and four pills of different sizes and colors fell out into the palm of my hand.

I quickly popped them into my mouth and washed them down my throat with the glass of water. I grabbed a bag of M&Ms and poured them in a bowl before walking back out.

I sat back down on the couch popping an M&M into my mouth.

“Find anything good to watch?” I asked.

“Some movie.” He shrugged stealing a hand full of the small chocolate candy and tossed them into his mouth.

“Hey! Who said you could have any!” I laughed pushing his arm playfully.

His eyes got wide and he looked at me, “I didn’t know, ‘m sorreh!” He exclaimed.

I laughed and looked at me with furrowed eyebrows, “I was kidding, I don’t have ownership over M&Ms.” I giggled.

“Oh,” He smirked taking a red one and popping it into his mouth.

“So what’s this movie about exactly?” I asked looking at the scene that was on the screen.

He shrugged, “Honestleh I dun even know.”

“Oh.” I nodded trying to pay attention to what was going on.

--

By the end of the night I was curled up in a ball next to Tom with his arm draped over my side. There was a knock on the door and we both got up to go get it.

“’ey Tom ‘m goin’ ‘ome.” Matt grinned at us.

“Okay, ‘m comin’. I’ll meet yeh by teh car.” Tom shooed him.

Matty winked and walked away towards the elevator.

“Sorreh, I guess I gotta beh goin’.” He sighed.
“That’s fine. It was nice to have some company for awhile.” I smiled.

“Yeah,” he nodded, “We should do it again. Maybeh at meh and Matt’s place.” He suggested.

“Totally, uh here switch phones. Give me you’re number.” I said handing him my phone.

He gave me his and I started punching in my number and I smiled and handed it back to him.

“Talk teh yeh later.” He smiled handing me back my phone and wrapping his arms around my waste.

I hugged him back latching my arms around his neck. He pulled away and smiled down at me.

“See yeah later.” I waved as he walked out o my apartment. He smiled and walked to the elevator like Matt had done just moments earlier.

I sighed happily thinking about Tom. I knew Icouldn’t shouldn’t be getting close to anyone, but I couldn’t deny him.

He was someone I knew I could be myself around, and that’s exactly what kind of person I needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know if I like this one. A filler I suppose.
Let's get some comments rolling in, yeah?
:3

<3