Temptation

one

My alarm went off, tearing me from the sweet slumber I had been in. My eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the darkness. ‘Darkness?,’ I thought to myself, ‘that can’t be right.’ Before I gave it another thought, I closed my eyes and welcomed sleep again.

My eyes shot open at the sudden realization that I was supposed to be at work earlier today. ‘Shit,’ I cursed inwardly as I glanced at the alarm clock. It was 6:00 am. Marshall had to be at the studio at 8:00. Marshall would kill me if I was late…well, maybe kill is an exaggeration…but he would definitely fire me. After all, he is Slim Shady.

Yup, my boss is the one and only Eminem. I have been babysitting his three daughters for about four months now. His girls were the sweetest so babysitting them was no problem. I actually enjoyed it. Or maybe I took joy in the fact that I could be closer to Marshall, but his daughters really did make up most of the enjoyment.

With a sigh, I sat up and pulled my blanket off. Slowly, I slid into my purple wheelchair, taking caution with every move. Yes, I’m wheelchair bound – have been as long as I could remember. Luckily, Marshall was the type of guy to look past people’s flaws and give everyone a chance – even me.

I dressed in a bright purple tank top and black shorts. I threw my hair up into a messy, but still cute, ponytail. I rolled myself to my full length mirrior that hung on my door. I grabbed my make-up bag that sat on a nearby table and began to apply my usual foundation and mascara.

_____

I turned the knob to the back door and pushed my way through. I headed straight for the kitchen where I knew he would be looking over the stuff he had to lay down today. "Hey Tay," he greeted, never looking up from what preoccupied him.

"Hey." I rolled up next to him at the table and laid my head down, using my purse as a pillow. I yawned loudly and closed my eyes.

I heard him chuckle. "Too early for you, huh?"

"Of course not, cause y’know, I wake up at six in the morning on a regular basis since I have nothing better to do,” I giggled.

"Don't complain to the person that pays you," he said firmly.

"Shut up, Slim. You know you love me." I loved how we could talk to each other that- like we had known each other for years. It felt…right. I turned my head to face him. "Is anybody in there with you today?"

He finally looked me straight in the eye. My heart skipped a beat. He smirked. "Weezy."

My eyes must have been as big as saucers. "Really? Oh you know how I feel about him. I am most definitely bringin' the girls by there later." He was my second favorite rapper alive. The first was sitting right next to me.

"Yeah, but it's nowhere near how you feel about me, is it?" A small joke on his behalf, but it made my heart skip a beat. He smirked his signature, sexy smirk, adding to the heat that was growing inside of me.

“Don’t flatter yourself, Slim,” I replied, trying my best to compose my trembling voice. I turned my head as I heard tiny feet running down the hallway. Hailie halted at the doorway. "Taylor!" she squealed. I backed up so she could jump in my lap. I kissed the top of her head. "Good mornin' babygirl! Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah!"

"Good mornin' to you, too, Hailie Jade." Em laughed. Apparently when I was around, Marshall was invisible.

"Mornin’ daddy!" She leaned over and kissed his cheek, wrapping her arms around his neck in a warm embrace. He smiled. He was perfect…

"Aight, I'm out," he announced, standing up. "Gimme a kiss, Hailie." He bent down to kiss her. He then looked up at me, his face inches from mine. "You want one too, Tay?" he teased. He leaned in, as if to kiss me, but pulled back at the sound of his little girls calling for him. My heart was about to explode as he went to kiss Lainey and Whitney goodbye.

____

"Hai-Hai, hold both of your sisters' hands please!" I called after them as they ran down the sidewalk to the front doors of Shady Records. They waited for me to open the door for them and then ran ahead of me, giggling. "Girls, wait!" I prayed the red light wasn't on, meaning that they were recording. I approached the studio, finding the door wide open and all three of them in Dre's lap. "The light wasn't on, was it?" I looked at Dre with worried eyes.

"Yeah, but they aight," he smiled. "How you been?"

"Good! You?" My eyes wandered to Em and Lil' Wayne, who were coming out of the booth. Em's sculpted, bare arms stared back at me. He looked so damn good in his wifebeater. His baggy light gray sweatpants hung low on his hips. The tattoo of Hailie on his bicep bulged. I had to catch my breath. Damn..... I tried my best to cool down the burn of my cheeks as I made eye contact with Wayne. "Hey guys..." I said nervously.

"Aye shawty," his eyes scanned my body and he smirked. "Damn Slim, two minutes in our presence and we already got da girl blushin'," Weezy joked.

Marshall's melodic laugh filled my ears. "Shit man, there's no we, it's only me." His sly smile made my knees weak.

____

Em and I were putting the girls to bed. I tucked Lainey in and kissed her cheek. "Goodnight sweet girl. Love you. See you tomorrow."

"Night girls, sweet dreams. Daddy loves you." He flicked the light off. I followed him into the living room.

“Ugh, I really don’t want to go home,” I groaned.

“Why? Like being around me that much?” he chuckled.

"Careful, your head might burst,” I giggled. “No, I just don't feel like dealing with my bitchass mom tonight."

"She still hate me?" he laughed.

"Yep. She was like 'You are NOT gonna spend the whole summer over there with him Taylor Layne!' Bitch is gonna freak when she realizes I was with y'all all day the first day of summer, I really don't give a fuck. I hate her." My mom was way too over protective. She'd been that way since my dad had died last year. He was shot by a local gang. She hated Slim with everything in her. She hadn't even met him. She just hated that I loved him so much and all he talked about in his songs were drugs and killing people. All she did was yell at me now that I had this job. Em hated it. He and I both knew that he was a genuine person. If she'd just gave him a chance and got to know him. I looked at it this way, she wanted me to pay for everything I needed and wanted and this job helped me do that. She had no fucking right to complain.

He chuckled at my childish rant. "Well. Why don' chu jus' stay 'ere for the summer. I'll need you every day for da girls anyway. I'll make the couch all comfy for you." His big, fat smile was really genuine. It made my whole body weak. He had an extra room but the girls used it for a playroom. His couch was comfortable so I didn't mind at all.

I grinned from ear to ear. "I would love that Slim."

"Aight, me 'n you will go get your shit tomorrow after we drop the girls off at Kim's," he informed me as he went to get sheets and such to make my bed. He made it quickly and stood me to my feet. He was like, seven inches taller than me. Instinctively, my arms wrapped tightly around his waist. He laughed. "I was thinkin' we could walk over there, but this works too. Put your feet on mine." I did and we waddled over to the couch. I giggled nervously. When we stopped, I dug my face into his chest. His musky cologne made me weak again. "Thanks so much Slim. You really are the best."

"Aye," he lifted my chin, "gotta look out for all FOUR of my girls." I smiled as he laid me down gently. He returned the goofy smile as he tucked me in. I beamed up at him. He winked and placed a kiss on my forehead. "Night kid."

"Night Slim." I watched him walk away, flick the light off, and disappear down the hall. My mind took off like a racehorse. Good God I wanted him so bad. Who the hell cares if he was 37, old enough to be my fucking father. Fuck it, I wanted those fucking amazing arms around me right this second.
♠ ♠ ♠
like it? comments are greatly appreciated :D