Does the Hero Get the Girl?

It's Hard Just To Breathe

Reba's POV

“Is that it?” Frank asked as he placed the last box in my apartment. I nodded and walked towards him.

“Frankie thank you and Jamia so much for helping me move. I know the other guys are still a bit mad. But they just don’t know what happened.” I said wrapping my hands around myself. Frank came around to give me a hug.

“Its okay Re, they guys will come around eventually. They just don’t get what happened. And don’t worry me, Mia, and Alicia will get them to understand.”

“Thanks Frankie,” I said as he let go and I saw Hannah run towards me. That was my entire world now. I bent down and scooped her up.

“Hey Hannah,” I said squeezing her tightly as she giggled. I looked up Frank was frowning a little. I knew what he was thinking. That something was missing.

“Frank, I know what you’re thinking. But being away from him right now is for the best.”

“The best for who?”

“Frank I-I,” I moved away from Frank towards the window that looked at the pier. “I know Hannah shouldn’t grow up away from her dad but… it just wasn’t safe living with Gerard.” I looked at Hannah. She looked so much like Gee, and I loved her so much. I just put my head against her’s and looked out the window.

Flashback

I came out from Hannah’s room; I had just put her to sleep. For just being a year old she goes to sleep pretty quickly. I went out to the living room. Gerard still hasn’t come home yet. I looked at the clock on the wall it read 10:00. He said he’d only be at practice for a couple of hours and that was two. I just shrugged my shoulders and decided to go to bed.

A couple of hours later I guess I heard the front door slam close. I looked at the clock on the bedside table and saw it was, 1:20a.m..Where the hell has he been? I walked out of the bedroom to see Gerard stumbling about in the living room.

“Gee?” I asked unsure about his reply. I was scared. Gerard was drunk. This wasn’t a Gerard I had seen in many years.

“Huh?” He moved unsteadily, walking towards me. And when he reached me he smacked me hard on the cheek.


End Flashback

Frank walked up behind me and rubbed my shoulder, “Re, I’m sorry. I should have done something. I should have stopped him.”

“It’s okay. It’s not your fault,” I said turning towards him and wiping the tears and ruined make-up from underneath my eyes.

“I gotta go, but see you guys later?” Frank said picking up Hannah and tickling her. Hannah nodded and looked towards me.

“Yeah, I guess,” I said to a chorus of ‘yays’ from the little kids. Then after everyone said their good-byes. I started to unpack. I started with Hannah’s room. When I was about finished and Han was sitting on her bed she asked me the question that broke my heart.

“Mommy when can we go see daddy?” I just looked at her for a few seconds. I couldn’t believe that she knew what was going on.

“Well, daddy needs to get some help with a problem. Then we can see him.”

“Oh okay.” Oh god, I’m glad I have strong willpower.
♠ ♠ ♠
Can you believe it??? It will have tons of flashback. That way it will make sense. OMG i have this feeling i'm gonna love this story... do you guys hate me at all???
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!
<3333

xoxo
reba rotten