Stairway To Heaven

It All Started With a Fret

'Ugh'I let out a loud sigh. 'Why can't i get these notes right?' I thought to myself. The truth is I have been trying to nail the new notes all week. Dave is getting irratable with the fact that im "a slow incompetent bass player that is just getting by on my looks!" Ya thats what our band's lead guitarist, Dave said to me yesterday. I really am a good bassist, I just haven't played my insterment as long as he has. Oh ya i should probally introduce you to the band or the "gang" as Jason likes to put it.

Our band's name is Calm Before The Storm. We are a new band working on our first cd. We have Nattalie who is the master vocalist, David (more commenly known as Dave) on lead guitar, Jason who is probally the best drummer the word as ever known,and Jake who plays rythem guitar. Oh ya and me, Amelia (also known as Amii) on bass guitar.
I tossed some of my curley orange hair out of my face. and attempted to notes to our song "Under the Black Sun" for probally the hundreth time this hour. 'Ok Amii you can do this, its just C, C, D, D, open E, then D again.' i repeated over and over again under my breath. Jason started to play the beat on his drums. ok so far so good. Now Jake jummped in with his note that are basically the same as my notes. Ok now here come the part were we start to mess up. ok fine, the part were I usually mess up. Dave started to blay his high pitched guirar notes. ok Amii, C, C, D, D,...oh fuck! Damn it i screwed it up again. Here it comes, the short tempered rant of why im such a shitty bassist, and why he should just kick me out of the band all together. Of course that speech always came from Dave. He dosen't have the balls to throw me out anyway, so im not too worried. Nattalie told me the first time he yelled at me that, if he ever tryed to kick me out of the band that she would go with me. She is so nice.

Natallie stood up, and before Dave could break his fustration on me.

"Don't even start on her David!" she raised her voice. "give her another day she will get it."

Dave was still at the end of his fuse. "It's the last fucking song for our album, Nat!" He half yelled half pleated.

"The songs arn't due untill next month" Jake added in.

"Yes Jake, I am very aware of that." Dave was starting to settle down now. "But, we need to get ALL of the songs ready now so we can practice all of them for the next month so it will all run smoothley."

"Whatever I am going to call it quits for the night guys." Jason yawned. It was 10:43pm. Shit we have been practicing the same song for 5 hours straight.

"Ya I'm going to go too." Dave just starred at me.

"What?" I demanded.

"Northing." That was all I could hear, because everone was packing up so they could get to the appartments. Nattalie and I share a flat in down town Seattle. Jake has his own appartment in the same bulding as us. The other two are in a diffrent building a block over.

*1:00am*

"Hey, Nat?" i asked wearliy while lying on one of the beds with a wet cloth on my face.

"Ya what is it Amii?" She asked drying her platinum blond hair, with a towl.

"Do you think I mad the wrong choice when Jason asked me to join the band 3 years ago?"

She looked at me wide eyed. damn she has beautiful blue eyes. "Of course you did! Don't be silly."

Thats the problem with Nattalie,don't get me wrong I love sweet ass, but she will never be mean to anyone. lets just hope that tomarrow won't ne as much of a mess as it was today.
♠ ♠ ♠
hmm chapter one