Stairway To Heaven

Jail Bird

The fact that they brought me to the station was completely useless. All I did was sit there and listen to Zacky get interrogated by a fat man with a shiny badge. I sat there for an hour before one of the police men told me that Zacky was not coming home with me. I was told to use the pay phone to call for a ride. I dropped my head into my hands that were resting on my knees and sighed. I tried to stand up, but that was proving to be difficult because one of my legs fell asleep. As soon as I woke it up I made it to the phone. I wasn’t sure who I wanted to call. I knew I could not go back to the apartment because I would be asked way too many questions to my liking. I need someone that would not automatically ask a zillion questions. At that thought I quickly dialed the number with a shaky hand.

“Hello?”

“Hi Johnny, its Amii can u pick me up at the police station?”

“Should I ask why you’re there?” his voice was scratchy, like as if he just woke up.

“Um, probably not".

Silence

“You there?”

“Ya”

“Well are you going to pick me up?”

“Ya I guess”

“Thank you so much Johnny!”

“No problem.”

“Bye”

“Be there in a minute.” Then he hung up.

I took my seat next to the door were Zacky currently was now. About five minute later Johnny walked in and I shot from my chair and gave him a rib-crushing hug.

“Nice to see you in one piece.”

I just laughed. “I’m ready to leave now.” I stated with a tint of urgency.

“What happened, and why are you here. You told me that you would tell me when I got here.”

“Ya I guess that’s true.”

“Damn straight, now talk”

“Okay okay, well Zacky had a little too much to drink and went for a drive. The cops chased him but he didn’t stop. When he did stop, Zack got of the car and ran to my apartment. From there the police located him at my place. The cops busted down the door, took Zack, and I fought with a couple of them. I was held down, and considered dangerous, so they brought me here. Zacky is in the other room and staying here for a while. He’s sentenced for 4 months in the county jail.” I let out a deep breath.

“Oh, I see.”

“Can we go now, please.”

He held his index up “One sec.”

He asked a police officer if he could go talk to Zacky really quick. It took him a couple minutes, but he finally got the officer to let us in to see him. I followed him into the sherrif's office where Zacky was handcuffed to a metal chair and was being closely observed by a police man.
"Zacky"

He looked up to see who called his name. “Hey” he smiled when he saw Johnny and I come towards him.

Johnny had a quite argument that he didn’t want me to hear. So I let my eyes drift around the small room. There were news clippings framed hanging on the wall.

"Amii, earth to Amii," I turned my attention back to the guys.

“I love you” he smiled as I wrapped my arms around him.

“I love you too”

“kiss it", he stated. I leaned in and planted a kiss on the very tip of his nose.

“Now be good, maybe they will let you out on good behavior.”

“I’m going to miss you.”

“Me too baby”

With that I left the station with Johnny. In the car, we just sat there for a couple minutes.

“Do you want to go home?”

I shook my head, “No”

“You wanna crash at my place?”

“Can I?”

“Sure,” he shrugged. We drove off in silence, with my eyes heavy and threatening to close.

**7:00am**
I shifted around in a comfortable bed to find something else next to me. I turned toward it and felt it. The thing moved. I decided that I wanted to open my eyes and find out. I squinted in the morning light. The funny thing was that I remember being woken up from the car ride and I fell asleep on the couch. What am I doing in bed with Johnny? I quickly checked if my close were still on. Thank God, I was still in my sweat pants and blink-182 band shirt. I carefully rolled out of bed. I opened the door and snuck into the kitchen. Not looking were I was going and tripped over a piece of rug and fell flat on my face.
‘Uhg, wow I’m talented.’ I scrambled to lift myself up, trying not to make too much noise so I don’t wake Johnny. I searched through his cabinets and found some cereal. I shrugged and grabbed a bowl.

**9:00am**
“Morning sleepy head,” I called to Johnny cheerfully as he sleepily walked into the kitchen.

”What are you doing up?”

“Same reason as you.”

He gave me a confused look and I laughed at him. “Oh and I almost forgot, why did I wake up in your bed this morning with you right next to me?”

“You were making a lot of noise and you wouldn’t shut up.”

“I was talking in my sleep!”

“More like sleep yelling,”

“Ha ha really funny, what was I saying?”

He shrugged and sat down, “a lot of calling for Zack.”

“So…”

“So what, I lifted you up and brought you to my bed and you stopped making noises. I have to get to work so I’m dropping you off at your apartment.”

I nodded and grabbed my shoes.