Stairway To Heaven

Flyin Out On A Plane

Our set was ending and the crowd was cheering I honestly don’t know why they were. Tonight’s performance has horrid. I don’t know if I’m just saying that because I know exactly how it should go, but to me we were all screwed up. Natalie couldn’t hit a high note to save her fucking life tonight, Dave at times played a whole different octave then he was supposed to. In turn, setting Jake off with his notes. I even messed up the timing for my solo. Jason was probably the only one who could keep a decent beat. We all played our last notes and Natalie announced to the crowd that we would have to pause the tour to attend some personal matters. The crowd did not take it too well our fans booed a little. Natalie being good at thinking on her toes told them that we would only be skipping three shows. Luckily, for us we had a week to get to MA from Chicago and Dave’s mom’s funeral was in a week and a half. We are planned to take a plane to Washington in two days.

“Well that went well,” Jake’s voice dripped with sarcasm as he rolled his eyes.

“Oh don’t be like that Jakey, it went good enough.” Jason grabbed Jake, pulled him into a headlock, and rubbed viciously at his head.

“Well it’s easy for you to say, you’re the one who kept us all together, and I’m warning you Jay, if u don’t relies me I’ll stab you with my guitar.” Jake’s face was priceless; I just wish that I had a camera on my just then so I could snap a picture. When Jason finally did release him, his blond and black hair was scattered in in complete disorder. It looked like he went through a wind tunnel. I tried to stifle a laugh behind my hand, but failed miserably. Jake flattened his hair and slinked off with Dave to but his guitar away. I placed my bass on a stand near the couch, too lazy to put it away.

“So when are we leaving for the party?” Natalie asked no one in particular.
Jake shrugged and starred wide-eyed at me
.
I rolled my eyes at Jason’s pleading face, “I think at around 11:00.”

***
2 Days Later At The Airport

“Hurry up the plain is leaving in 10 minutes.” Natalie shrieked as we all headed to the baggage drop off.

Today was the day that we had to pack up and go back west for Dave’s mom. It really is sad but on the bright side, we all get to wash up the clothes and grab some new ones. Steve dropped us off at the airport because he said he was going to be in Massachusetts when we come back. He said that we could leave our interments and whatnot with him. He said something about visiting family or something along those lines while we were gone. I called Mikey and asked him to pick us up at the airport. Mikey said that he moved all the furniture and what not from out of the apartment and into the house. He said that he’s bee living with boxes for the last couple months since he didn’t want to unpack anything Hopefully when we are in Washington we can finally do that.

We all reached our gate with our carry ons for the long plane ride. The flight attendant started to let people onto the plane. We all walked down the chilly tunnel that connects the airport to the airplane. I zipped my Atrayu hoodie to contain my body heat. My ticket told me that I was in seat 86.

“I call the window seat” Jason called out as he pushed by me to claim it. Natalie and I just laughed at him.

“I guess I get the middle then.” I shrugged and sat myself down onto the somewhat comfortable airline seats.

I searched around in my handbag for my Ipod so I could indulge myself into the sweet sounds of rock and metal. As I listened to Avenged Sevenfold’s insane guitar solos and addicting lyrics, I could feel a pang in my heart. It felt a little like being homesick but worse. I was missing someone and his music just made it ten times worse. All I wanted to do was to take out my cell and hear his sweet voice again. As I thought about Mr. Zackary Baker and how much I just wanted him to hold me, a single burning tear escaped my slowly closing eyes. A waft of tiredness overcame my and before I knew it I was whisked away into a dreamland.
~~~~
~~~~
“Hey baby,” a pierced face boy whispered into my ear as a pair of muscular tattooed arms snaked around my waist and pulled my so close to him I could hear his steady heartbeat.

I nuzzled my face into his neck. “I missed you,” I whispered into his neck and started to plant butterfly kisses all along his collarbone. I knew just which places to nip at to make him go crazy. Just when he was starting to get excited, I pulled away from him.

Zacky let out a little moan and beckoned me to come back. I placed a finger on his cheek and traced his cheekbone.
He allowed himself to let out a big goofy smile. He grasped my face with his hands and started to kiss my deeply. He pushed his tongue threw my lips and started to massage my own. He also had the knowledge of were my weak spots were. He started to lean into me and put lots of his weight onto me, causing me to take a couple of steps backward so my back was against a wall.

“I love you so much,” he said into my mouth.
I surfaced for air, “I love you too.”
~~~~
~~~~
“Wake up, Amii wake up!” someone was calling my name and shaking me vigorously. I groaned and shifted. I slowly opened my eyes to come face to face with Jason.

“Dude, I need you to move so I can get out. I gotta piss really bad.” I scrunched up into a ball to let his skinny body pass by me.

I have to admit, what I just experienced was one pretty life like dream. I’m actually disappointed that it had to end that way. I’m making a promise to myself: when this fucking tour is done, go down to California and I’m gonna spend a couple months with Zacky. I’m just going to show up at his door with my luggage and smile. If he has no room then I haven’t seen my uncle in a while so I’ll go see him.

“How much longer do we have until the plane lands?” I asked Natalie with a lazy smile on my face.

“Umm,” she took out her mint chocolate cell to check the time, and then realized that her cell was turned off and put it back in her pocket. She turned around and said a couple words to Dave, and turned back to me. “About 10 minutes,” she answered and gave me a cheesy smile.

“Wow, that took a while”

“Hey what can I say? I’m just special like that.” Her comment caused both of us to erupt with laughter.

“What’s so funny?” a puzzled Jason asked from the aisle.

“Nothing, you sorta had to be there.” Natalie answered as we let him by to sit back down.

The rest of the plane ride, we all just talked and laughed together. Jason ended up laughing so hard that root beer came shooting out his nose. It got all over the front of him, causing Natalie and me to go into fits of laughter.

We all exited the plane and entered the airport.

“Keep an eye open for Mikey ok, he should be around here somewhere.” I announced to the group. We found Mikey near the baggage claim.

I gave my brother a big hug.
“How was seeing the country?” he asked me as I waited for my baggage to appear.

“The tour was a lot of fun, but we still have to go to the east coast, then back to California.”

“Oh, sounds like fun.”

“Oh ya it should be, how’s senior year treating you? I still can’t believe you are that old.”

“Eh ok. Cam has been living with me in the house because I have to have someone over 18 to sign the bills. ”

“I forgot about that, how much do I owe him for it?” I felt like a total bitch, leaving him with all the household expenses.

“He said that he was cool with it. According to him, it was cheaper to live with me then to live at the dorms.” I explained to me.

I rose a eyebrow, “Is that so?” I didn’t care what Mike said, I still think that he should get something.

We claimed our baggage and piled into Jason’s van (he let Mike borrow it so he could transport us). Arriving at the house brought back a sea of memories.

I just knew that as soon as I walked trough that door I was in for a big surprise. But what kind of surprise was what I wanted to know.