Status: Active and Running

Lullabies

Are we there yet?

Ada’s P.O.V.
“Hey guys do you want to-“ Mark stopped in midsentence. We quickly pulled apart and looked away blushing. “Sorry I didn’t mean to interrupt anything.” He said.

“Oh it’s cool.” Deryck said. I nodded in agreement. “So what was it you were going to say?” I asked. “I was just wondering if you guys want to hit the road now, I mean it’s not dark yet and stuff so yeah.”

“Sure that sounds good. We’re all packed right?” I asked. “Yeah, everything is good to go we just need to put the junk in the van.” Mark said.

“Well what are we waiting for lets go pack.” Deryck said quickly leaving the room. It seemed as if he was trying to avoid me or maybe he just wanted to hit the road. Mark looked at me with a confused look then smiled. “Tell me everything!” He exclaimed.

“There’s nothing to tell Mark we just kissed.” “Just kissed oh come on you two were in there for like ten minutes you must have talked to.”

“Yeah we talked a bit but then we got all close and I closed my eyes and before I knew it we were embracing and well you walked in on us so you know.”

“That’s so cute! I can’t wait to tell Jonah, he so owes me five bucks now.” My eyes widened. “You made a bet!” I shouted smacking him in the arm.

“Well I betted on you so you should be smacking Jonah.” He said grabbing my arms lightly. I rolled my eyes. “Whatever don’t think you’re off the hook.”

I ran out of the room and started helping in putting the suitcases in the car. “Let me take that.” Deryck said taking my suitcase out of my hand. “Thanks.” I said smiling. He smiled back and then winked at me.

“We’re all set,” Jonah said taking my hand and pulling me out the door. “Bye Claryline!” I shouted. She appeared from her room and ran towards us. “I expect a proper good bye before you guys leave.”

She gave us each a tight hug and kiss on the forehead and gave us her blessings. I looked down and noticed I was still in my pajamas. “Whatever.” I muttered not caring.

Jonah opened the door to the back for me and helped me up. “Thanks.” “Anytime,” he said. He sat in the passenger seat and Deryck sat in the driver seat. Mark sat next to me on the seat-less floor that was covered by a mattress with sheets and junk. “Party!” I shouted jumping up and down and hitting my head against the ceiling in the process. “Ow!”

“Dumbass,” Jonah said laughing. “Shut bro don’t call her that.” Deryck said laughing also. “You guys are such jerks!” I shouted. “Come here Ada sit on my lap.” Mark said patting. I sat down and then Deryck started the car and we were off.

“Is that a deer?” I asked pointing out the window. “It’s too far away to tell, could be a panther.” Mark commented.

“Oh.”

“Well at least we’re in Florida now!” I exclaimed. “Yes but it’s taken us about five hours, we’ve only gone 300 miles and we’re going to Key West so our trip from Augusta would be about 758 miles in total and we have a total of thirteen hours so 8 more hours left.” Deryck informed.

“Deryck stop being so smart,” Mark ordered. Even though I couldn’t see him I knew he was rolling his eyes at Mark. Mark wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me. “Arg, can’t breathe Mark.” I gasped jokingly. His grasp on me tightened and then I really had trouble breathing.

I lightly smacked his hands and he took the hint and loosened his hold on me. “Are we almost there yet?” I asked. “No, Ada, now shush those pretty little lips or yours and don’t ask again.” Deryck growled frustrated.

I got off of Marks lap and lied down on the mattress and closed my eyes for some much needed rest.

I could hear Mark singing silently to himself and Jonah breathing heavily trying to hold his anxiety from being in the car so long. “Calm down bro.” Deryck said.

“I can’t I want to but I just can’t. Do you think we could stop at the next rest area?” Jonah asked. “Sure.” Deryck responded.

“Thanks.”

“No problem bro.”

Everything felt hazy and numb as I slowly fell into a deep slumber.

“Hey, we’re here!” Jonah announced parking in the motel parking lot. “Okay so I booked us ahead of time so all we need are the keys and we’re in.” Mark said.

We followed him in and told the man behind the desk that we already had a room and he gave us the keys. “Deryck you and Ada are sharing a bed while Jonah and I share a bed.” I wasn’t sure if I blushed but I felt warmth on my cheeks at the thought of sleeping in the same bed as Deryck now that we’ve kissed.

We walked towards the pink rooms and found the one that was ours. “Let’s go Deryck!” I shouted excited pulling him into the room. We left Mark and Jonah to find their room on their own. I tossed my stuff to the side and landed myself on the bed. “Deryck we’re finally here!” I exclaimed. He closed the door and jumped next to me on the bed.

“Yup Ada darling we’re here.” He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me tight against his chest. My breath was hitched in my throat. His lips were on mine and our legs were tangled together. I tightly wound my fingers in his hair.

He lightly traced shapes on my exposed hip. He pulled away and leaned into my ear. “You’re beautiful.”

I blushed lightly. “Thanks.” He pressed his lips against mine one more time and then got off the bed pulling me along with him. “Get your bathing suit on so we can roll.” He ordered.

I hesitated, “What about my bruises?” I asked. “Who cares no one will be looking at those they’ll be looking at your wonderful figure instead, and your gorgeous face.”

“Shut up Deryck stop being so mushy!” I yelled throwing a bra at his face. He started laughing, “Thanks for the bra I really needed one.”

“Ugh, I didn’t mean to throw a bra it was the first thing I picked up at least it wasn’t underwear.” I huffed.

“Speaking of underwear what kind do you use?” he asked wiggling his eyebrows. I ran at him and punched his gut softly.

“Shut up Deryck leave me alone you jerk!” I shouted jokingly.

He hugged me and lightly pushed me to my suitcase. “Get changed small stuff.” I did as told and found my swim suit. I rushed to the bathroom with my suit, shorts, and a tank top. I got dressed as quickly as I could.

I walked out and saw that Deryck was also dressed. “Nice,” he complimented. “Hey wait a minute I never knew you had a belly ring.” He accused poking my exposed belly button. Darn I should have worn a longer shirt that didn’t show my stomach.

“Yeah I’ve had it for years, my brother Creg pierced it for me.” I said. “Oh, damn sorry Ada I didn’t know.”

“It’s okay to bring up Creg it’s getting more bearable now.” He nodded and pulled me in a tight hug.

We heard a sharp knock on the door causing us to jump. “Dammit way to scare us!” Deryck shouted angrily at Jonah and Mark as he opened the door.

“Sorry gosh at least we knocked instead of barging in heavens knows what you two would be doing.” Mark said casting me a sly look.

I blushed feeling awkward. “Come on we’re ready to go to the beach that’s why we knocked.” Jonah said walking out of the room.

“Vamonos!” I shouted following his lead and throwing my hands in the air motioning towards the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ada and Deryck's outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/sunny_nights/set?id=40594698