Let Me Go Back To Sleep

Odd Surprise

“What do you mean crazy?” Bob then asked frowning.

“Crazy, man,” Frank replied. “She insists that she just saw Gerard.”

“So?” Bob’s reaction wasn’t what Frank had expected.

“What do you mean so? She thinks Gerard is here, she actually believes he’s alive!” Frank exclaimed glaring at Bob.

“I’m just saying… you never know man,” Bob said surprising Frank.

“What??” Frank rounded his eyes.

“You never know,” Bob repeated. “We weren’t there when the whole thing happened; we left for the airport an hour before it all took place,” he explained.

“What the hell are you talking about?” Frank couldn’t believe his ears.

“You know,” Bob went on. “We didn’t see it happen in front of our own eyes did we?”

“Yeah but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen!” Frank exclaimed, shocked with the way Bob took the whole thing from the start.

“Heck, we didn’t even follow up on the matter ever since we got to Italy!” Bob let out what was on his mind.

“May I remind you it wasn’t very pleasant for us to follow up on such a matter?” Frank was getting pissed off. “Why would we want to follow up on something so definite anyway?” Frank added shaking his head in disappointment to Bob’s way of taking things. “It’s like you don’t want to admit it, it’s like you haven’t grasped the truth yet, just like Lynn!” Frank exclaimed angrily.

“No, it’s not that…” Bob defended himself. “It’s more like having a little hope in me, just like Lynn. Hope doesn’t kill you, does it?”

“No, but it sure as hell makes you go PAZZO!” Frank said referring to ‘crazy’ in Italian. It was only natural for them to get the hang of speaking the language or at least pick up on the technical words, after spending 2 whole years there.

They then both turned to look at Lynn, she was still standing there, looking around, as if she was so convinced she saw Gerard.

“Come on, Lynn…” Frank then said making her turn their way. “Let’s just go take that picture, everyone is waiting,” he added, deciding to forget about the talks he just had with her and Bob.

“But…” Lynn said, taking a final look around her. “Fine…” she then decided to give up looking for now. She felt as if she was taking it to the extreme herself so she just thought she’d listen to Frank again, at least for now.

“Lynn!!” She then heard her name being called out from far, just as she was about to walk away with Frank and Bob.

“Hey!” She exclaimed grabbing Frank’s arm. “Did you hear that?” She then asked rounding her eyes, trying to see if she hears it again.

“Hear what?” Frank asked. He seemed to be running out of patience. “Come on, let’s go…” he then said.

Just as he was about to turn to leave, the voice got closer, the person was right next to them now.

“LYNN!!” That person said, making all three of them turn its way.

“Oh my God!!” Lynn was shocked.

“Wow,” Frank reacted. “Karen? Is it?” Frank tried to remember her name.

“Yup!” Karen grinned widely, standing in front of them.

“Oh my God I missed you so much Karen! What a nice surprise!” Lynn exclaimed throwing herself at her, giving her the tightest hug she could ever give anyone. It was only natural for Lynn to miss Karen that way. After all, Karen was Lynn’s best friend, her childhood friend. Karen was the one who knew about everything when it came to Lynn. She was there when Lynn was with Gerard, and she was there when Lynn first got the news from her uncle about going to work for My Chemical Romance. Karen knew about Lynn’s amnesia, but was convinced by Lynn’s uncle not to tell Lynn, he made her think it was for Lynn’s best. That was before Karen found out that her uncle was not really, the good man she thought he was.

“I missed you too! So much!” Karen exclaimed as she hugged Lynn back.

“What brought you here?” Lynn then asked, the smile still on her face. “How did you know where to find us?” Lynn questioned again.

“Yeah, how did you find us?” Frank asked frowning.

“Oh come on! Who wouldn’t know where the MCR family is!” Karen replied vaguely, and in the form of a joke.

“What do you mean?” Lynn was confused.

“We never told anyone about where we are,” Frank explained, studying Karen’s behavior at that very moment.

Karen smiled, looked at Frank, then Lynn. “Well…” she tried to say something.

“We did inform Brian, our manager…” Bob interrupted.

“Yeah…” Karen went on. “Oh yeah... Brian!” She then exclaimed. “He told me where to find you guys,” she then said smiling. “Pretty nice guy,” she commented looking away.

“No, he’s not…” Bob mumbled in disagreement.

“Well what matters is that I’m here now!” Karen exclaimed grinning. “I just missed you so much! And I was worried about you; I needed to check up on you!” She added looking at Lynn, who was now smiling again.

“It’s funny how you showed up on this exact day,” Bob then noted.

“Hmmm?” Karen seemed as though she didn’t hear what he said. Or maybe just pretended not to.

“Isn’t it weird?” Bob then turned to Frank. “It’s THE day,” Bob went on. “And Mikey’s wedding day…”

“Let’s just go take that damn picture!” Frank decided to focus on what seemed to him, to be more important now.

Karen slipped one arm around Lynn’s shoulders to pull her closer to her, give her a kiss on the cheek and add, “I missed you so much bestie!”

“Am I the only one to see the oddness in this?” Bob then asked as they all started walking away to where everyone was waiting for them to go take the picture with them.

Lynn just smiled. She was so happy to see her best friend there with her again, as if that was something that she really needed, especially at this very moment. “Did I tell you I think I spotted someone that looked like Gerard, I think it was him,” Lynn thought she’d mention to Karen, still having that innocent smile on her face, as if she was a kid again around Karen.

“Cool!” Karen replied, walking beside her.

“You don’t find her words to be a bit odd, Karen?” Bob then asked curiously, seeing how casual Karen’s reaction to what Lynn said was.

“Ummm,” Karen hesitated. “Okay, yeah… it… is I… I just…” She seemed to have lost her words.

“You…?” Bob repeated after her, as if he was waiting for a specific answer from her.

“Come on PEOPLE!” Frank then shouted just as they got to the shooting scene, interrupting the whole conversation by first grabbing Karen. “Now you go say a quick hello to Mikey and take a stand right next to him,” he instructed, as everyone else took their places and that picture was finally snapped.