‹ Prequel: Roaring Thunder
Status: Complete; Comments, please?; Fifquel?

Rain Gently Tapping Against My Skin

Chapter Ten: Alright, Who Gave Him A Gun?!

“C’mon, Sleeping Beauty, wake up,” Kevin says, shaking me.

“Okay, I’m up,” I say, stretching. “What time is it?”

“Ten.”

“Oh, I’m so sorry. Gosh, I’ve just been so tired!”

“Relax. It’s okay. Just stop wasting time.”

“Thanks,” I say, hugging him quickly, before beginning my morning routine. It was an odd thing how we had stopped arguing.

♠ ♣ ♠

“Okay, so, Alison’s inside?”

“Yeah. But she won’t be easy to get out. Donovan’s manipulated her into thinking that she has to stay there.”

“Damn. That makes me all the more glad I grabbed my stake.”

“Kevin, there’s millions of guards. We have to be careful.”

“I know. Lets just get in, grab Alison, and get out.”

“It’s not that simple.”

“I know, I’m just trying to make sure you don’t get confused.”

“We’ve been living together for a couple of weeks. I think I deserve a little more credit than that.”, I say stubbornly, crossing my arms over my chest. “But lets just get this over with before everyone starts coming to find us.”

“Actually, Martin called while you were asleep. He’s coming out to help.”

“Help what? Help her kill herself?”

“I didn’t tell him she was pregnant. I was hoping we could just force her into an abortion.”

“Alison wouldn’t agree to that. That’s another one of his manipulations.”

“Why are you always underestimating my intelligence?”

“Because you never seem to share all you know.”, I say, right before I jump out of the tree we had been sitting in. “You coming?”

“What do you think you’re doing?!”

“Umm … beginning my part in this little scheme.”

“Hey, you there! What is your business?!”, looks like Donovan hired guards that have trouble speaking English.

“Oh, I’m here for the future Miss Andrews.”, I say, smiling as innocently as possible. “I’m going to discuss some wedding plans.”

“Ah, and who is that?”

I look behind myself at Kevin, rolling my eyes, saying, “He’s helping Mister Andrews.”

“Right this way —”

“I think we can find them ourselves,” I say, grabbing Kevin by his arm and pulling him along behind me. “Now, if anyone asks, you’re helping Donovan get ready for his wedding.”

“How do you know they’re getting married?”

“This is Donovan we’re talking about. He wouldn’t get her pregnant without convincing her to marry him.”, I say, rolling my eyes. “He may act like a twenty-first century teenage boy, but he is traditional.”

“Still hate his guts.”

“How can a witch who was turned into a vampire get pregnant?”, I ask suddenly, as we start walking through millions of hallways. “I mean, I thought vampires couldn’t get pregnant.”

Female vampires can’t get pregnant. But she’s no longer a vampire.”, Kevin says, rolling his eyes. “And since she’s a Riddle, and can get pregnant, it all added up.”

“He’s just sick.”

“What do you mean?”

“I wouldn’t be shocked if he raped her before.”, I growl, as I look inside of another room. “I mean, she was five when he made his first move.”

“If that theory is true then I’ll enjoy murdering him even more.”, Kevin growls, as we come to the end of the hallway. “Think they’re in there?”

“I don’t know.”

“Aonghus, I hope so,” he sighs, juggling the doorknob. “It’s locked.”

“Then they’re in there,” I say, gripping my gun. “Do you know how to pick locks?”

“Do you?”, Kevin asks, skeptical. “And what are you gonna do with that?”

“It’s full of wood. And maybe I do.”, I say, smirking, already beginning to pick it. “After you.”

“Hmm, nice,” he says, kicking the door open. We walk inside cautiously, looking around. “Alison?!”

“She’s not here,” I growl furiously, looking around. “DAMN IT!!!!!”

“Come any closer and I’ll shoot her,” Donovan growls, appearing for the first time with Alison, a gun pointed at her head.

“Let her go, Donovan,” Kevin growls through his teeth. “We’ll put away our weapons, if you just set down the gun.”

“Now, why would I trust you?”

“Because, look, that’s all I’ve got,” Kevin throws his stakes to the side, holding his hands up in surrender. “Just put down the gun …”

“No,” and Donovan shoots Kevin.