‹ Prequel: Roaring Thunder
Status: Complete; Comments, please?; Fifquel?

Rain Gently Tapping Against My Skin

Chapter Eleven: Please Don’t Be Dead

“You damned bastard,” I growl, kneeling down beside Kevin. “What the hell?!”

“Let me go!!”, Alison suddenly starts struggling, obviously breaking free of Donovan’s control. “Let me go!!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH KEVIN?!!!”

“He shot him,” I growl, trying desperately to keep him breathing. “C’mon, Kevin, don’t die …”

“I OUGHTTA KILL YOU!!!!!”, Alison yells suddenly, making me look up as she tries breaking free of Donovan’s grip on her. “YOU FUCKING DAMNED BASTARD!!!!!!!”

“I’ll shoot him again if you don’t just hold still,” Donovan growls.

“No, you better hold still. This gun is filled with wooden bullets.”, I say, standing up, aiming. “I’m not as stupid as you think.”

“And what makes you think I just won’t kill her?”

“She’s pregnant. Killing her is killing two lives. And I’m sure you have a big enough heart to not wanna kill your own child.”, I say calmly, rolling my eyes. “Just let her go, and we’ll call you when it’s born.”

“How can I trust you?”

“Have I lied to you?”

“Point taken,” Donovan growls, glaring at me. “If I don’t get a call in nine months, then I’m sure you’re aware of what happens.”

“Alright, call off your guards. Now,” I growl, as Alison hides behind me.

“I’m sure you’ll think of a lie to get out.”

“Melody, lets go,” Alison says, already trying to pull Kevin along with her. I glare at Donovan for another moment, before helping her carry Kevin out of the house.

“Umm … Miss —”

“It’s okay. He just, umm, got sick from the food. Can you please call us a car?”, Alison asks, not looking up. The guard nods, walking away quickly. “They’re too easy to fool.”

“Why didn’t you escape sooner?”

“Because of Donovan’s damned manipulation.”

“I knew it.”

“Yes, you are the smartest blonde of all time.”, Alison says sarcastically.

“Let me help you with him, Miss Andrews.”

“Thanks, Jeff!”, Alison says, hugging him quickly, before hopping into the limousine. “He’s a cousin, Melody.”

“A cousin?”

“Katharina had a little brother. Jeff’s a warlock.”

“Hmm, nice,” I say, smiling at her. “And he doesn’t know?”

“No, he knows all about me. He’s probably gonna follow us all the way to Fallen.”

“Wait, you want to go back?”

She gives me a pitiful attempt of a smile. “I’m not running from my problems. Not anymore. Either everyone can get over themselves, or I’ll just leave.”

“Good for you, Al. I’m sure everyone will understand.”

♠ ♣ ♠

“What. The. Hell,” they’ve been saying that for hours. Yes, Alison told them she was pregnant, and first they think Martin. Until they saw that paralyzed look on his face. Which he’s still wearing.

“Put your eyeballs back in your heads.”, I snap, glaring at everyone. “She’s not a monkey with three heads.”

“Ooh, that sounds cute!”, Alison says, smiling. “Oh, right. Not helping.”

“C’mon, guys, most of you know him. What did you expect?”, Kevin says, rolling his eyes.

I expected the little whore to do just this.”, Raine says, rolling her eyes. I look around for a knife, settling for my gun. “I’m going! I’m going!”

“Yeah, you better,” I growl, as Alison grabs my gun. “Hey!”

“Already I’m more mature than you.”, she says, rolling her eyes. “Look, when y’all decide to treat me like a person, I’ll be in my house.”

“Alison, why don’t you hang around a bit?”, I ask sadly.

“First off, Jeff is probably gonna do something really stupid.”, she says, rolling her eyes. “Although, he does work with Earth and Water.”

“Who’s Jeff?”, David asks, coming out of his daze.

“My cousin. Katharina had a brother who had a son who had a son. Jeff helped me out of the manipulation most of the time.”, she shrugs, walking back toward her house. Everyone immediately come out of their dazes, and start bombing questions.

“We should just convince her into abortion.”, Kevin says at last.

“Ahh … here’s the thing: we can’t.”

“What? Why not?”

“I sorta made a deal with the devil while you were out …”

“Crap.”

“Hey, it was either leave her behind, or call him in nine months and having him out of our hairs.”, I say, rolling my eyes. “And nobody gets left behind.”

“So, you basically gave him authorization to pop up at any time.”

Noo. I gave him the approval to see his child when it’s born. Every male has that right.”, I say stubbornly, crossing my arms over my chest. “It’s Alison’s child by right, and she chooses what to do with it.”

“She’s right,” Laura says. “Alison’s the mother. She does what she wants with the child.”

“Except abortion. I don’t want Donovan kidnapping her again.”, I say quickly, rolling my eyes. “What? At least we can make him pay if he does anything really stupid.”

“Hey guys! ’Bye guys!”, Alison says, walking away with a giant plate of food.

“Alison, not helping.”

“I know. I’m hungry.”

“Okay, just hide the stuff that Donovan bought you while you can.”, I say in a rush, pushing her away. “Remember, you’re my sister and I completely respect your desicions.”

“I’m not getting an abortion, am I?”

“No. Not at all. Go and eat your food.”

“Okay, ’bye!”, and she skips away quickly. “Good luck with the talking Kevin into that!”

“Love you, too, Alison!”, I say sarcastically, walking back over to everyone. “Remind me how I’m related to her?”

“Because your father is an idiotic man-whore.”, Martin says automatically.

“How do you know that?”

“He’s a mind-reader,” Kevin says, rolling his eyes. “He reads Alison’s mind and learns all of this stuff.”

“Oh, okay,” I say, shrugging. “Either way, I don’t wanna meet him.”

“Maybe you’re not a complete dumb blonde.”

“I should slap you, Martin.”

“I’m gonna go check on Alison …”, and he was running away.
 
“That reminds me, she owes me five hundred dollars.”, I say, deep in my own thoughts.

“For what?”, Kevin asks, skeptical.

“Oh, I bet her that she’d get pregnant at sixteen.”, I say, rolling my eyes. “I was hoping I’d loose.”

“Ah, the whole motivation routine.”, Deborah says, nodding in approval, ducking as I try punching her.

“Go!!! Just get your good for nothing ass out of here.”, I growl.

“Why? It’s not my fault she got pregnant.”

“Oh, yes, it is!! If you had just kept your big mouth shut about her family then she wouldn’t have killed innocent people. Then she wouldn’t have run away to Donovan, and then I wouldn’t have been transformed into a dog. And, finally, she wouldn’t have had to go to Donovan to find a cure for my damned dog-ass, and he wouldn’t have raped her — twice, at least — and she wouldn’t be pregnant!!!”, I growl. “Now take whatever you brought and leave. Because none of us want you here.”

“Fine. But you’re gonna regret this. Alison might be your little psychic-spy, but there’s some things that even she can’t see.”, Deborah growls, standing up in my face. “And this isn’t the last you’ll hear of me or Donovan.”

♠ ♣ ♠

“Take this. I’m gonna kill someone in a few minutes.”, I say, handing Alison my gun.

“Ooh! Shiny!”, she says, grinning. “But I don’t like guns.”

“Just take it,” I say, rolling. “You’re one of two pregnant women.”

“Oh, yeah, that helps make me feel better.”, she says sarcastically, nibbling on her dinner. It’s been over a month, and she’s definitely showing. She’s also extremely moody. One second she seems perfectly normal, the next she’ll either be crying or tryin to rip your throat out. Or just something abnormal.

“It’s not that bad, Alison,” Laura says, rolling her eyes.

“I’ll believe that when someone agrees to drug me.”, she snaps grouchily. “I’m not an idiot. I know this is painful.”

“Alison, just frickin’ calm down.”, I say, glaring at her. “And give me back my gun. Last time I give a PMSing pregnant woman a weapon.”

“Oh, get over it.”

“No, you stop trying to kill us.”

“You’re already dead!”

“So are you!”

“Oh, just take your gun and shoot Raine.”

“Hey!”, Raine yells, glaring at us.

“Oh, shut up,” we say together.

“By the way, Donovan called.”

“Ugh, what did he want this time?”

“He just wanted to know how you’re doing, if the baby’s still alive, yadda yadda. I called him a bastard, he gave me a smart-ass comment, and then he hung up. By the way, your baby is definitely gonna have a lot of smart-ass comments.”

“Probably,” she says, shrugging. “And depending on how annoying it is will tell me whether to keep it.”

“You’re actually considering keeping a blood-sucker’s baby?”, Raine sneers.

“Hmm … no. I’m considering keeping my baby.”, she says, rolling her eyes. “Get over it.”

“What are you gonna call it?”

“I dunno,” she says, shrugging. “I can’t see it.”

“At all?”

“At all. But I know it’s there.”

“Well, what kind of names did you have in mind?”

“Scarlett or Bonnie if it’s a girl. Jesse or Theodore if it’s a boy.”

“Hmm, not bad,” I say, smiling at her. “Those are pretty names. A little old, though.”

“I like old things,” she shrugs. “I think it’s because Katharina was such a huge part in history.”

“Then how come I never heard of her?”

“Ever heard of Rebecca Nurse?”

“No, who’s she?”

“She got trialed for being a witch during the Salem Witch Trials of 1692. Most think of her as falsely accused nowadays. When in fact she was Katharina. Momma’s middle name is Rebecca, because Katharina switched at the last minute and someone else died in her place.”

“Oh.”

“Yep,” Alison says, rolling her eyes. “Any comments, Raine?”

“I knew she wasn’t a saint,” Raine snickers. “She didn’t deserve those five hundred years.”

“Maybe not. But she got them, nevertheless.”

“She should’ve died like the rest of us.”

“Maybe she tried.”, Alison growls, standing up from the table in sync to Raine. “You think you know everything about her. But nobody does. Not even me.”

“Set down the knife. Or I’ll shoot.”, I say, rolling my eyes. “And I’ll promise you a permanent death if I do.”

“Fine. I’m done anyway. Just lift your little spell, Witch, and I’ll be on my way.”

“Wish I could. But it was Sophie’s birthday wish. The only way to completely reverse it is by it coming true.”, Alison says, rolling her eyes. “And the chances of that are slim. Seeing as how you’re such a —”

“Okay, that’s it! I officially take back my wish!”, Sophie says, looking between the two. “Can we kill her now?”

“Still won’t work, Soph. It has to come true for the family to break up. Raine’s our aunt, and she refuses to just suck up her bitterness and get along.”, Alison says through her teeth. “And I’m just glad that the magic only limits to the family related to you.”

“Oh, so there’s no magic spell on Melody?”

“Nope.”

“Hmm, nice,” I say, smirking. “I like not being put under spells.”

“Ahuh, sure, whatever, Dog,” Alison says sarcastically, rolling her eyes. “Speaking of which, I need someone to take me to the doctor.”

“What for?”

“I have to get a check up on the baby. Since I can’t see it, I have to pay a frickin’ doctor to see it.”, she says, shrugging. “And I look out for Laura’s.”

“She’s very good at it.”

“Alright, I’m take you.”, I say, shrugging. “What time is your appointment?”

“Well, it’s in Kentucky with my uncle John.”, she says sheepishly. “He’s Katharina’s son.”

“Oh! I wanna come!”, Sophie whines.

“No. You’re staying here with Duncan. Because he will murder me if I drag you halfway across the great country of America.”, she says, saluting. “Noon tomorrow. I’ll officially be three months in.”

“Three months,” Kevin asks, choking on whatever he was eating. “Three months?!!!”

“Yes, Kevin, three months,” Alison grumbles.

“Wait, if you’re three months in …”, I say, trying to stop my thoughts. “That means Donovan …”

“He — you — pregnant — Smokys —,” Kevin says angrily. “Where’s that bastard?”

“You’re angry,” Alison says, rolling her eyes. “Why are you always so angry?”

“Because I am,” he grumbles, walking away quickly, before Alison had chance to ask him something else.

“That was odd.”

“Yeah, it was,” I say, staring at the spot he had just sat in odd for a moment. “I wonder what that was about?”

“I dunno. I’ve been gone most of the time.”

“True.”

“Well, I’m going to bed.”

“See yah,” I say, nodding in goodbye. “Keep the nightmares out of the baby’s head.”

“Whatever,” Alison says, already walking away. “Oh, and I know about Vinicio! You’re so dead!”

I wince, as images of what she could possibly do to me pop into my head. All heads turn to me, asking the exact same question, “Who’s Vinicio?”

“Just some Italian dude from a bar,” I say, shrugging indifferently.

“What?!”, Josh says, choking on his food.

“He’s nobody,” I snap. “I don’t wanna talk about it.”