‹ Prequel: Roaring Thunder
Status: Complete; Comments, please?; Fifquel?

Rain Gently Tapping Against My Skin

Chapter Three: Bitten

We look at each other, wondering whether we were too late. It was eerily quiet in the hotel room. There was no light. It felt abandoned as we walked into it.

“Do you think they’re here?”, Kevin asks quietly, looking around.

“It is a possibility that he took her somewhere else?”, I say quietly, looking around with him. “I really hope we got the right Andrews.”

“Where could he have taken her?!”, Kevin growls.

“I dunno. But lets just —,” the doorknob jiggled. We look at each other, our eyes showing our surprise, as we jump over the back of the couch, landing as quietly as possible. “Ohmyfinggod! He’s here!”

“Jeez, Melody. You act like you hadn’t expected it.”, Kevin chuckles, glancing at me before looking back over the edge of the couch. The door barges open, and he drops down beside me, as we listen closely to everything.

Alison was definately struggling by the way they seemed to be coming slowly. I heard a crash, and jumped nearly over the couch.

“Damn it, Alison!! That’s expensive!!”, I hear Donovan growling.

“Let me go!!!”

I pull out my cell phone, recieving an odd look from Kevin. I start texting everyone, trying to ignore the weird look he was giving him, as I started dialing Alison’s number. I hear her cell phone ringing, and that was all I heard. Their footsteps had stopped moving. I held my breath, and silently prayed that that was a good sign.

“What is that?”

“My cell-phone,” Alison growls. I didn’t even have to imagine the fury written all over her face, as Kevin’s spoke it all. “Melody’s calling.”

“Give me your phone.”

“No.”

“GIVE ME YOUR PHONE!!!!!”, I heard Alison’s voicemail, and silently cussed. I quickly re-dial her number, hearing it ring again before I had even finished. I look up at Kevin, who was holding his phone. I peak over the top of the couch, where I immediately saw Alison and Donovan. They didn’t see me, which I prayed stayed that way. I motion for Kevin to look, and watched his lips curl away from his teeth, preparing for a snarl before I covered his mouth, pulling him quickly back down.

“I’m gonna kill him,” he growls as quietly as possible. “If he even thinks he can get away with this —”

“Shh, Kevin, listen!”, I hiss, glaring at him as I hear Alison and Donovan’s voices begin speaking.

“Where are they?”, Donovan growls angrily, shaking her fiercely. I felt like punching his face in, quickly ducking my head as his head snaps toward us.

“I-I don’t know,” I hadn’t heard Alison sound that unsure in what seemed like ever. She was usually always one step ahead, and Zoey had taken down the barriers. She should be able to see us in five seconds without Donovan noticing. “I haven’t been able to see anything for months now.”

Kevin gives me a questioning look, almost like he suspected for me to know about this. Which I had no idea about. But, when you think about it a moment …

“What do you mean?!! You’re the witch!”

“So?!! Just because I’m a daughter of Hecate, doesn’t mean I know everything.”, Alison growls, obviously putting up a struggle, as I hear something else break. The corner of Kevin’s lips twitch up, in what must have been a smile.

“DAMN IT, ALISON!!!!!! THAT’S EXPENSIVE!!!!!”, Donovan growls. “I’m not made of money!!! How am I expected to pay for all of this?!!”

“Should’ve thought of that before you kidnapped me!”, Alison growls, as another crash erupts, followed by an ear-piercing shriek. My head snaps up, looking at where they stood in the middle of the living room. I was confused as I saw Donovan’s head bent down to Alison’s neck as she screamed, but didn’t have time to process it as Kevin soon pulled him off of her. I jumped over the couch after him, keeping Alison from falling, noticing the two punctures on her neck.

“What … happened?”, I ask, studying her neck more closely. Kevin was fighting Donovan in the background.

“Nothing happened. I’m fine,” she lies, hiding her neck with her hair, along with her face. “How long were you two back there?”

“Since before you even came into the hotel room. But what did he do to you?”, I try moving the hair away from the punctures, but she pulled away from me.

“C’mon, we have to get out of here,” Kevin growls, practically dragging us out of there. I helped him pull Alison along, as she stumbled clumsily. He eventually just decided to pick her up and carry her, as we meet up with everyone at the edge of the city.

“What happened?”, Sophie asks, as soon as we met up with them, still running.

“That’s not important right now. We have to get her to Chris. He’ll know what to do. This never happened before!”, Kevin says, running ahead of everyone.

“What exactly did happen?”, I ask, easily keeping pace, soon flying like the rest. I finally noticed how Alison’s skin looked so pale, almost transparent. “What’s going on?”

♠ ♣ ♠

Millions of questions were ringing through Fallen, as no one seemed to answer. Kevin was pacing around, nobody daring enough to bother him. But, man, they were bombing questions at me. Most of them I wanted to know, too.

“What happened, Melody?”, Sophie asks worriedly, tears pouring out of her eyes.

“I don’t know, Sophie. One second, Kevin and I were hiding behind the couch, Alison was struggling and breaking things with her usual smart-ass comments. Then she starts screaming and Kevin’s besting the crap out of Donovan.”, I say, looking around. Chris came out, and I break away, trying to figure out exactly what had happened.

“She doesn’t look good, Kevin. The bite was deep and the venom is spreading fast. I don’t even think she’ll complete the change.”, Chris says sadly.

“What do you mean?”, I ask, stepping closer to them.

“Donovan’s a vampire, Melody. None of us have ever been bitten by one before. Their venom changes people who live through it.”, Chris says sadly. “Alison’s weak because of the bite. Her powers have been down since that attack with the angels. This may be too much.”

“But, she’ll come back, right?”

“No. She won’t,” Kevin says sadly. “A Riddle once attempted suicide. We never saw even a reincarnation.”

“So she’ll just … disappear?”, I couldn’t believe this. Alison was strong. She’ll make it … right?

“Pretty much. I think she’s rejecting it. Or, maybe it wasn’t done right? I don’t know. Katharina never explained all of this to me. But, remember that Daniel guy? He was a vampire.”, Chris rolls his eyes. “She said that their were different ways to change people, depending on the kind of vampire.”

“So, if we were to get Donovan —”

“I’m not having him set foot on this cloud.”, Kevin snarls. “I don’t want her anywhere near him.”

“But, if it kept her alive, then it’s worth it. I hate him just as much as you, Kevin. Alison’s my sister.”, I say, glaring, crossing my arms over my chest. “As long as it keeps her somewhat alive, I don’t care if he drained her.”

“There’s still a pretty good chance that she won’t make it, Melody. Laura and Mirabelle can only keep her alive for so long …”

“Laura’s a healer?”

“Yeah, pretty good at it, too. How do you think we keep everyone in line?”

“Just tell them it’s not worth it.”, Kevin grumbles. I slapped him harder than I think I’ve ever slapped anyone before. The red mark nearly seemed to glow at the side of his face, as he glared at me. “I’D SOONER LET HER DIE THAN LET THAT PSYCHO NEAR HER!!!!!!!!”

“Then fine. See what happens, Kevin. Martin will kill himself, and Josh will hold you responsible because he’s like the little brother that he doesn’t want to kill. David and the rest of the Rebel Demons will leave, reporting the news of her death to the King, who will be angry. Sophie, Duncan, Max, and the Psychics will leave, too mournful to be able to ever come back. Oh, then you’ve got all your other nieces and nephews, who enjoyed Alison’s company.”, I growl, glaring at him. “Then you have me. Who’ll make sure that you live to regret the mistake you’re making.”

“She has a point, Kev. There will be a less likely chance of all that happening if we take this chance.”, Chris says, frowning. “She’s still perfectly aware of everything. If she dies in the middle of the change, at least it’ll be quickly.”

“I don’t care. Just knock her out and make her die.”

“The least you could do is go and say your goodbyes!”, I yell angrily. “Not for any one but her. You won’t ever see her again.”

“No. I don’t care,” Kevin says stubbornly, walking away.

“I should go tell Laura and Mirabelle —”

“No. Tell them to keep her alive.”, I growl, glaring. “Kevin doesn’t have to know about it, but I’m getting Donovan. If he doesn’t fix what he started then I’ll find some other vampire. I’ll do whatever it takes to keep her alive.”

“Alright, fine. But, he’s my little brother, Melody. You have three days to find Donovan, or I’m pulling the plug on this and letting Kevin have his way.”, Chris says, shrugging. “I’ll talk to Kim and Cassie, see what they can offer.”

“Thanks, Chris! I’ll find him.”, I say, hugging him quickly as I run toward the Psychics. “Mind helping me with a little quest?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please check out these links:

Donovan and The Pyschics < the story of Alison’s time in the war, as mentioned in Roaring Thunder. & My Second War < Alison’s POV on the ending to Lightning Streaks The Sky.
& The Nathanson Family? & Couples? & Favorite of the Saga
& Death is Unpredictable? & Lightning Streaks The Sky? & Roaring Thunder?

Also, you can take the polls more than once. Just incase y'all didn't know ...