Sequel: You've Made Your Bed
Status: COMPLETED.

Stay With Me

Chapter Thirteen

I stood back, my mouth wide much like my eyes. I didn’t know what to do or say, there is no way I could over power four large guys. The fight had been even up until Max had been tripped by Cliffton and left while Josh was put at a slight advantage by two against one. “STOP IT!” I yelled grabbing Cody’s arm and attempting to pull him back, he spun around and shoved me to the ground a frown plastered on his face.

“SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!” Cody growled, I cowered away and looked around for anything I could use to get them off Max, Dan, Josh and Matt. I spotted a large branch in the field a bit back by a snapped tree, I slowly got up careful not to draw attention to myself, once up I ran towards the branch and took the end so I was able to pick it up. Once it was in my grasp I held it low enough to ensure it wasn’t as noticable and jogged back over to the fight. I lifted the thick branch up and swung straight for Clifftons head smirking when he fell to the floor unable to get back up.

“Suck on that Cliffton” I smirked, I raised the branch again this time hoping to hit Tyler. I went to swing but the branch was ripped out of my grip. I slowly turned around to see Cody staring at me, hate and hurt in his eyes. I backed up slowly stopping when I hit someones chest, I leaned my head back to see who I had walked into, just my luck. Tyler stared down at me with a chuckle.

“Big mistake”

I looked around me to see the guys on the floor, I could tell they had put up a good fight by the bruises and cuts adorning Tyler, Kyle and Codys faces and bodies. I could tell i’d hurt Cliffton by the pool of blood coming out of his head. Tyler grabbed both my arms and held me in place while Cody walked forward tapping the branch repeatedly on his hand.

“So, you think it’s a good idea to get involved?” Cody whispered, I glared at him showing him I wasn’t going to break down and beg for forgiveness. The wind blew his hoodie to the side, something shined from his pocket. My breathing became ridgid. He had a gun. “Oh, you saw it. There goes the surprise!” Cody laughed his head tilting back while he reached into his pocket and pulled out a gun. “Who shall I shoot?” He grinned, my eyes widened, he couldn’t be serious.

“SHOOT YOURSELF YOU CUNT!” I screamed, that earnt me a smack around the face with the gun. I hissed in pain and went to clutch my face but realised I couldn’t because of Tyler, “Let me go Tyler!”. He shook his head with a smile and held onto me tighter, I could feel my arms bruising under his touch.

“What about Josh?” Cody asked pointing the gun towards him, I instantly let out a choked sob and shook my head begging for him to leave Josh alone. He moved the gun to Dan, “What about Daniel?” I shook my head once again and looked at the floor hoping they wouldn’t see the tears running down my cheeks, “Matthew” Cody sung aiming the gun at Matt.

“Stop it” I cried sniffing harshly.

“Shall I shoot Matt then?” Cody asked, I let out a muffled no. “Okay then. Aww Max it looks like you’re getting the bullet” my eyes widened and my gaze shot up to meet Codys.

“Don’t you dare shoot him!” I growled, Tyler chuckled behind me and started to play with my hair.

“Looks like you have a crush on Max” Cliffton chuckled from his place on the floor, I clenched my fist and started to thrash around in Tylers arms hoping to get free. “Give it up” Cliffton smirked, Cody pointed the gun at Max and pulled the trigger, Max’s body fell backwards and hit the floor with a thud. Josh, Dan and Matt ran over to him instantly trying to reasure him everything was going to be okay.

“Looks like it’s time for us to go” Cody smirked, Tyler threw me on the floor and ran off with Cody, Kyle and Cliffton. I crawled over to Max and put his head in my lap gently.

“It’s going to be okay Max” I cooed, he looked up at me through heavy eyelids and coughed. I ran my fingers through his hair trying to calm him down and get him to relax as much as possible. Matt had called the ambulance about five minutes ago, but they still weren’t here. “Where are the fucking paramedics?” I cried rubbing at my eyes, the guys shrugged and continued to look at their phones for the time. Another five minutes later paramedics came running over to put Max on a stretcher.

---------------------------------------------------------------

“You need to eat something” Josh sighed rubbing his hand up and down my leg with a worried frown.

“NO I DON’T JOSH!” I snapped, his face fell and he pulled his hand away, “I’m sorry Josh. I’m really worried about him, I didn’t mean to yell at you”. He nodded his head and pulled me into his side to keep me warm.

“Max Helyer” A doctor called walking into the room, he was holding a clipboard to his white lab coat and he looked grumpy. We all stood up and shuffled over to him to find out about Max’s condition. “Max has just come out of surgery. Luckily the bullet missed his lungs by an inch, he’s recovering from the surgery but feel free to go and see him. Chances are he’ll make a full recovery but he’ll be sore for a couple of weeks”.

I nodded my head happily and grabbed Josh’s hand dragging him down the hall too see Max. When we reached the room I ran over to the bed and perched myself on one of the chairs so I was able to hold his hand while sitting down. His eyes fluttered open and a small smile appeared on his face, “Hi guys”. I grinned and muttered a small hello back.

“Do you guys mind if I speak to Lauren alone?” Max asked. Dan and Matt shook their heads while Josh gave Max a skeptical look, I knew why he was acting that way, after all I had admitted to kissing Max before the party. “Please” He whined, Josh stood up and kissed my forehead before walking out of the room and closing the door.

“What’s up Maxxie?” I questioned, I ran my thumb over the back of his hand soothingly, he sighed and closed his eyes his head tilting backwards. He took a deep breath looking as though he was trying to build up the courage to tell me something. “Spit it out” I grinned, he chuckled lightly and gripped my hand.

“I think I love you”

I gasped and stared at him unsure what to say, “W-What...?” I stuttered.

“I love you” he whispered, he put his hand on the side of my face and lifted his body up so he was able to push his lips against mine. “Please don’t marry Josh. Marry me?” he asked his fingers tracing over my cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long, i'm ill :(
I was just wondering, why have some of you stopped commenting? :(
WELL, thanks to everyone that has been commenting :D this ones for you.
New comment = New Chapter

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE.