Sequel: You've Made Your Bed
Status: COMPLETED.

Stay With Me

Chapter Seven

“Stay still Josh” I groaned lifting the wet paper towel up to his lip to clean it. Sean had a good punch on him, I’d give him that. He’d managed to split Josh’s lip and give him a black eye. At the moment Josh and I were sitting in one of the many bathrooms dotted around the house so I could clean his face. I poured some more antiseptic on a cotton bud and wiped it over the cut.

“Ouch” He whined flinching away from my touch.

“Josh, please stop moving” I pleaded putting my hands on his legs. Josh was perched on top of the bathroom counter and I was conveniently standing in between his legs to clean him off. “I’m nearly finished” I smiled. I grabbed the Savlon and put a small amount of it on my finger before gently rubbing it around his eye. Josh’s hands were grabbing at the sides of my hips obviously in pain. I still didn’t care. After what he put me through he deserved all this pain.

“What happened to your arm?” Josh asked with a frown, I raised an eyebrow and looked at my forearm which had 5 scratches down it.

“You done it when you grabbed my arm and started dragging me” I whispered, he gave me a guilty look “You’re all done”. He stood up and pulled me into him, before I had a chance to protest he pushed his lips against mine. I lifted my hands too his chest and tried to push him away but the grip he had on me was too strong. I bit down on his lip making him hiss in pain and pull away, “Don’t you dare kiss me Joshua”.

“What the fuck!” He screamed holding his lip in agony, “You could have just pushed me away”. With that I walked out the door not once turning back to see if he was coming or not. When I got back to the ballroom/dance floor, Sean was standing awkwardly against one of the walls scratching his neck nervously. Once he’d caught a glimpse of me he came running over.

“I’m so sorry. Is he okay?” Sean asked his eyes wide and filled with guilt.

“He’s fine. Ignore him, he’s being a pussy. Nice punch though” I complimented with a smirk on my face; he chuckled and gave me a high five. A couple of minutes later Josh walked into the ballroom, people were staring at him which was obviously making him feel uncomfortable. His mum caught sight of him and ran over instantly freaking out over his face which Josh didn’t want to talk about. “Hang on Sean, I’m gonna go be a lovely fiancée” I smirked; Sean nodded and went to get another drink while I made my way over to Josh and Elizabeth. “Baby, is your lip okay now?” I cooed linking our hands together; the people staring got a slight smile on their face.

“Yeah, its fine beautiful” He smiled, he leaned down and pressed his lips too my cheek. Asshole was getting a punch for that later.

“Well, you two are getting along a lot better now” Elizabeth gushed; we both nodded our heads and gave each other a small fake grin. “I was going to wait until later but I have to tell you something. This is your engagement party!” Elizabeth cheered, my face dropped a considerate amount and I noticed out of the corner of my eye that Josh’s had too. “So Paul is going to call you both up in a minute and you need to make a speech” Josh and I groaned in sync and then stared at each other while his mum giggled. She hurried off towards her husband and whispered something in his ear which made him chuckle.

Paul got on stage and gazed over at us, I desperately wanted to ask Josh to speak for us but at the end of the day, I didn’t want to give him the satisfaction of knowing I was scared. “Well, as you know, we dragged you all here in celebration. But we have yet to tell you what for. So I’m going to get my Son and Lauren to come over and tell you why we’re celebrating today!” Paul spoke into the microphone; he motioned for us to come over to the stage. Josh dragged me over to the stage, and when I say dragged, I mean he literally dragged me.

“Hey guys!” Josh greeted into the microphone. Everyone in the room chuckled at his enthusiasm. “So I’ve got some big news for you. You girls over there might want to grab some tissues to cry into” Josh chuckled, I rolled my eyes at his big headedness and squeezed his hand tightly making him gasp, he glared down at me through his fringe, luckily no one saw. Suddenly Max, Matt, Dan and Chris came tumbling through the door, obviously drunk off their asses and being really loud. Josh glared at them and they all silenced, “Me and Lauren are engaged and we’re getting married in a month’s time, you’re all invited!” I gave a weak grin to the crowd and ran off stage and over to the guys.

“Jesus Christ Max, you stink of alcohol!” I complained, I wasn’t annoyed at the fact they were drinking, I was annoyed over the fact I wasn’t allowed.

“Sorry baby girl” Max giggled falling into me, I managed to catch him and hold him up, “Give me a kiss”. Max pouted his lips and moved closer to me. Just as he was about to kiss me Josh angrily pushed him away.

“I don’t care if you’re fucking drunk! You can’t come to my engagement party and start trying to kiss my fiancé Max. That’s not cool!” Josh yelled. Me and Max exchanged glances before bursting out laughing. Josh frowned at me before turning around and stomping off.

“That’s not cool” Dan mimicked having all of us on the floor laughing in tears, “You need to get drunk too!”. Dan grabbed my arm and weaved me through the crowds of people towards the bar. Well, this is going to be great. Dan thrust a beer in my hands, I gulped it down in about 30 seconds leaving all the guys staring at me with a ‘what the fuck’ look. I shrugged and grabbed another doing the same with it. The guys continued to drink, how the fuck are they managing to do that?

“Let’s find Josh, he’ll be pissed if he finds out we got even drunker without inviting him” Matt giggled like a little girl, I pulled him into a massive hug which he gladly returned.

“Matthew. I have come to a conclusion. I love you” I said seriously, I hadn’t even cracked a smile. His eyes widened before he screamed and ran away. “Oh well that’s blooming lovely that is Matthew” I scoffed following him with the guys. Matt was standing still, his eyes planted on something. When we got closer we realised it was two figures, they were in the middle of a tongue war and the guy had his hand up the girls dress doing things I don’t really want to think about.

“EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!” Me and Max cried covering each other’s eyes. The people pulled apart quickly and looked at us like a deer caught in headlights.

“JOSH!” Dan yelled, I pulled my hand off Max’s face and he done the same with me. In front of me was my fiancé, fingering some slag from earlier, and god was he going to fucking get it now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo! New chapter. I'm working on the next chapter now.
So new comment = new chapter.

:) Josh is an ass.