Status: Still in the process.

Solstice

Trauma

While the movie played, Alice looked at me than cringed her face. “Sometimes I wish my life was non stop action, and nothing more. Without any consequences though; I need none of that nonsense” she finished. I gave her a puzzled and concerned look. Why was it that she just now decided to go Dr. Phil on me? She sighed and brushed her fingers through my hair. “What are you getting at Alice?” I asked with a distraught tone. She glanced over at Olivia who was showing Liam an imitation of a “macho-man” persona. Alice laughed quietly and took a long, but short, deep breath. “Have you ever wanted to stare death and the eyes, but find some way to avoid the tragic ending? Fall from a two-hundred foot building, but once again, live? I want death to have me hanging by a thread, than for someone to spontaneously grab it and save my life…” she struggled the last few words to me. My mouth hung open and I quickly jerked it up. “Are you completely and utterly insane to no extent!?” I answered her in a loud whisper. The movie ended and I grabbed the remote to change it to regular T.V. The input changed to normal; channel 5 news was showing its oh-so brilliant stories that I found completely scrutinizing. I was about to change it, when Olivia almost caused me to have an aneurism. “WAIT!” Olivia screamed; everyone besides her flinched at the sound of her screams. She crawled from the couch to the front of the television.

The room became quiet, and we listened. The infamous news reporter, Cody Canning begin to speak with a picture of the toxic sign taking the attention from is newscast. “Today, scientist at the NASA Community Center has informed about a chemical that has manifested about three kilometers from Earth’s atmosphere. The chemical as not shown any signs of harm or radiation towards Earth. In 1857, this problem has been reported and killed a number amount of people throughout the whole entire world. As it states here, in each continent, there was a number of 4-6 deaths for each one. That does include North America; therefore, we suggest you stay inside for the time being. We will broadcast multiply times until the situation is watered down” he finished with his closing smile. There was a tense fear in the room. “There’s no way in hell im letting you guys leave me house” breathed Alice. Liam got up and stretched “Well, I’m going to Google this nonsense”.

I watched him walk upstairs to Alice’s room. My mouth stood still, until I forced it to move. “We should go upstairs with Liam” I suggested. Olivia shook her head and shuffled her way up the stairs. Alice grabbed my hand and dragged my upstairs. As I peaked around the corner I saw a video playing, I walked towards the computer to see a group of five people standing in a V-Shaped formation. Military guards and policeman swarmed around them. A girl from the back inched forward; soldiers that were meant to be pawns screamed and dropped down to the ground. On the opposite side of her, a young, mature-looking boy twitched his head to the side and about ten or twelve men started screaming and shot themselves. Moments later, shots from all around targeted towards them. The man standing at the tip of the “V” pushed his arms out. Immediately the bullets disintegrated. Seconds after his actions, from above a large metal net collapsed and pinned them down to the ground. Not even a second passed and it disintegrated. The military around them tripled in size, and gathered around the small group.

Everything was quick and short after the military’s enhanced size. The second girl on the right dissolved on spot, the man on the opposite side of her roared and than bulldozed his was through the guards knocking down army tanks. The man in the front who seemed to be the leader didn’t cover the back; a bullet spiraled behind him inserting itself into the back of his neck. He dropped down to the ground and began to shake tremendously. Above them, a net dropped down, and pinned them to the ground. Not even a second passed, and the net disintegrated. The men tripled in size, and surrounded the group.