Status: Updates Will Be Sporadic; Stick With Us!

Jayden's Guitar

Blueberry Pancakes and Giggles

The alarm set off at 7:00am. I yawned and turned it off. I crawled out of bed and slipped on a shirt because it was cold. I walked out to the living room and smelled blueberry pancakes and freshly made orange juice. The smell of muffins whiffed up my nose too. I breathed in and smiled.
"Hey mom, this all smells good! Thanks!" I went to grab a muffin, but she slapped my hand jokingly. "Hey! What was that for?"
"You have to wait for Jayden!" Her voice sounded like Jayden was in my life this whole time. She smiled and went back to cooking.
I sat down at the couch and shook my head at myself. My mind slipped about him. He was in the back of my mind, but who ever listens to that part of your brain. I heard rustling in Jayden's room. I sat up and walked over to the door. I pressed my ear against the cold door, I heard him yawning and stretching. I smiled to myself because he has his mother's stretch moan. I pressed my hand on the knob and turned it slowly, careful not to make too much noise.
"Hey Jayden." I sat on the edge of his bed and smiled at him.
"Hi." He said and looked at me with his big brown eyes and his blonde hair all messed up. He breathed in and his face lit up.
"Yup, your grandma made blueberry pancakes and muffins and fresh orange juice! You want some?" I smiled with wide eyes. He nodded and sat up with his hands up in the air ready for him to be picked up.
I hesitated a little, but then I grab his under his armpits and threw him on my shoulders. His little hands grabbed my head and gripped tightly. He laughed as I jumped up and down joking around with him. We walked into the kitchen and I set him down at the dining room table. My mom laughed and handed him a plate with a stack of blueberry pancakes and a muffin and a glass of orange juice.
"Dig in!" She said after she handed me a plate too. We devoured it within 5 minutes. I haven't had that such of a good meal a year!
After breakfast I helped Jayden get dressed and we made our way to the living to watch some television while I took a shower and got dressed. I didn't know what he liked to watch so I chose some Sponge Bob. I walked into my room and took a shower.
When I came out I look at Jayden with the clicker in his hand, legs hanging over the couch, and singing to the theme song of the Backyardigans. I smiled to myself and sat next to him. I thought about what Betty said, he is very shy. I didn't think he was, he was really not shy at all. He seemed to have the same personality as, well, me. My mind stopped short. This little boy next to me, is like me. I guess my face looked really worried so to my surprise little Jayden's voice so high pitched and cute asked me with that one word that warmed my heart,
"What is wrong daddy?" His brown eyes looking so beautiful.
"Oh, nothing! Nothing at all, now that you are here." I smiled at him. I needed to hear this little boy laugh. "Are you ticklish?" He shook his head fast and smiled with that guilty face.
I attacked him in his stomach tickling him and his laugh warmed my heart yet again. His voice under his laugh yelling me to stop, and I stopped and looked into his eyes. He moved closer to me so that his head was leaning on my ribs and my arm was wrapped around his shoulder to his thighs.
I was going to love being a father, especially since it brought a smile to my face every 5 minutes and warmed my heart all day long.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry that it was been .. A MONTH! OMG! I am so sorryy ! school started and I have been so busy, I was bored on my computer so I decided to go on mibba. and it clicked in my mind that no one has written a new chapter! I was like omg. So i wrote this at 12:00am! I hope you guys like itt! comment on what you thinkk!
~Julia~