Status: Active

Putting Fun in Dysfunctional

“Say hi, stupid.”

“You got me what?" Kadi’s eyes nearly popped out of their sockets at Kenna’s announcement. With a smile as wide as the sky, Kenna purposely kneeled before Kadi and dramatically waved the tickets in her face.

“I got “Us” VIP tickets to the Braves game tonight, in two hours so—“Kenna dramatically extended her arm and waved Kadi away to her bedroom. “Go get ready!”

“Ah!” Kadi attacked Kenna in a forceful hug before dashing away at the last second to hurry and get dressed.

“You better hurry, even with my speed demon ways, we’ll still be almost late,” Kenna walked around collecting things like a jacket and a couple snacks from Kadi’s tiny kitchen.

“How did you get these tickets?” Kadi shouted through the crack in the door, Kenna glanced over unenthusiastically and shook her head.

“A friend of mine from awhile back, he’s in town and wanted me to come see him there, hang out you know? I said I would if I got an extra ticket,” Kenna smiled and stood by the door, she grabbed Kadi’s purse and sighed. She checked her phone clock and whistled loudly. “Party’s up Tinkerbell, get your ecstatic ass in here or I’m leaving without you!”

“Okay done!” Kadi hobbled in the living room on one leg as she tried to slip on her converse to the other. “Done, done, done, I’m ready!”

“Go,” Kenna rushed Kadi out of her own apartment. The ride down to Turner Field from Cumming, Georgia was one quiet ride. Though thrilled to see her favorite team play ball again, Kadi was scared for her life with Kenna at the wheel. They made it with thirty minutes to spare; Kadi kissed the ground theatrically when she stepped on solid ground once again. “Oh please, it wasn’t that bad.”

“Kiss it, that was horrible,” Kadi commented and followed Kenna through the parking lot. After a bag check by security, Kenna dragged Kadi through the stadium until they reached the area marked VIP, it was a small area with no more than twenty seats but it was as close as you could get to the wonderful game and the amazing boys that played it.

Kenna sighed and let go of Kadi’s hand and leaned over the railing beside the home dugout, Kadi went to protest but Kenna held a hand out to stop her. “Hey Bobby, is dickweed in there?”

“I’ll go get him,” the old man chuckled and walked backwards through an open doorway.

“Dickweed? How do you know Bobby Cox?” Kadi harshly whispered her demand, she pulled Kenna’s hand but Kenna pulled back.

“You have got to stop referring to me as dickweed to everyone,” a deep Southern voice broke their train of argument. Kenna chuckled and leaned back over the railing.

“Fine, hello lovely,” Kenna sarcastically greeted the one and only Chipper Jones, she gave him a long hug over the railing before she turned to Kadi. “Chipper this is my coworker and best friend Kadi Kole, Kadi this is my ex husband Chipper Jones.”

“Ex husband? I thought you said your ex husband’s name was Larry?” Kadi looked beyond lost with confusion, Kenna laughed and Chipper smiled.

“His real name is Larry Wayne Jones Jr. I hate it and his nickname just stuck so—he’s known as Chipper,” Kenna explained smiling sarcastically at her ex-man. “Say hi, stupid.”

“Hi stupid,” he stared her down as he said it dryly and blandly as it could come out. “And hi stupid’s best friend Kadi, it’s nice to meet you.”

“Dick,” Kenna whispered a curse like a complaint.

“Hi,” Kadi smiled nervously and gave a short wave in Chipper’s direction. “Nice to meet you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
My sister's new obsession.

Chipper Jones.

My new obsession.

Chipper Jones!