Status: Updates are going to be pretty slow for a while, sorry guys :(

Summer Fling

Chapter 15

Summer fling Chapter 15

Randy’s P.O.V

I stood in total surprise as to what Andy just did. I could feel my cheeks heating up but I did my best at trying to suppress the colour by rubbing them…not that that would do anything.

I watched in a slight daze as he walked off briskly away from me, not even turning round. But I would suppose he would also have a flushed face so I didn’t blame him.

Hm, what was I supposed to do now? He said that he’d like the meet up later today so I guess I should wait until then. I really didn’t want to go back; no doubt my dad would be full of questions: ”Where did you meet him? What kind of guy is he? You sure he’s gay?”. I hated him when he asked questions like that. It’s like he expects me to know every little detail about him before I can even consider going anywhere near him.

Though when I tell him to stop being so bloody nosey he says that all fathers are overprotective of their daughters, I hate his guts when he refers to me as a girl, or implies that I’m girly in the least. I remember once he just let a nickname slip out and after that I wouldn’t forgive him for months.

We were arguing and…well lets just say it didn’t end too well. I hate how much we fight as well now. Before I told him we used to be really good mates, well, as good a relationship a father and son can have but now sometimes it feels like he avoiding me. Like he doesn’t want to catch the “disease” I apparently have.

I inwardly sighed at the memories, I wish I could forget them but I suppose I’m the type who always remembers.



Wow I sound emo.

But what to do now? There wasn’t anything I wanted to do…though I suppose now would be a good a time as any to catch up on my drawing. I haven’t really had chance so far seeing as we’ve only been here for 3 days and Rosey, Lily and mum have been dragging me off to places.

Yeah, I think that’ll do.

XXX

I opened the door quietly so as to divert any unwanted attention but it didn’t help. As soon as I stepped through the door I was greeted by a pair of voices screaming my name and hugging me.

“Oh please don’t tell me you guys bought a whole litre of that stuff” I groaned, referring to the bottle of cola on the kitchen top.

I didn’t even need an answer; they said it all with their attempts to leap to my height and giggling insanely. I just ignored them and shuffled past in order to get through the narrow hallway and to my room again.

I hurriedly moved all my clothing about in an attempt to find my drawing utensils. Luckily I found them underneath the pillow under the bed next to mine; away from prying eyes. I grabbed it and made my way out the door again. I felt kind of bad that I didn’t even see my mum or say hi to her but she was probably in the toilet and I didn’t want to stick around just to say I was going out, there was no point really was there?

My skin tingled at the cold sensation of the harsh cool air but I shrugged it off; at least it was warmer than this morning and mum said that the weather forecast sun this afternoon.

I held the notebook closely to my chest and clasped the pencil tightly after popping the rubber in my pocket, out of the way. This notebook is pretty much the only way I can express myself without getting too much attention. My mum asks to see what I’m drawing here and there and praises me for it but other that that I don’t like to show other people. My drawings usually have a deeper meaning to them than meets the eye and showing them to people who might not understand would mean explaining…and that’s just energy consuming.

My strides were long as I began to approach the little bay I had taken Andy to a day before; I really liked coming here but I was kind of down about the fact that Rosey, Lily and Andy’s sister and friend now knew about this place. It could mean that we may get a few unwanted guests when we come here.

That is to say I’d like to take him here again. It was heart warming sight when he first took in the view and the smile that spread from one ear to another was priceless.

I breathed in a deep breath before gracefully hopping down to the firm wooden blanks with a loud thud. I slothfully meandered my way to the edge of the bay and sat down, legs folded neatly and back leaning against the hill. I didn’t care much if my jacket got dirty from the mud; it was comfortable and I had to be if I was going to draw.

I opened the book to the next crisp clean page and held the pencil to my chin and biting my lip. It usually took me a considerable amount of time before I actually put something on the paper but I liked to plan the structure out in my head before I did anything.

Soon enough an image started forming in my head. Lots of smooth, curved lines and wispy ends, a good deal of shading and the fur needs to be right; lots of individual strands, that it. Quickly the image of a small husky dog began to appear and I was surprised at how fast that’s been. I held the pencil to the paper, ready to carve the indent when I felt my pocket vibrate.

Now usually when drawing I’d just ignore it; but seeing as there was no one else it could possibly be other that Andy I decided to make an exception, though I was pretty annoyed.

The idea had immediately slipped for my mind as soon as the distraction came and although I could probably think of another similar one quite easily it’ll never be the same.
I inwardly sighed as I pulled my phone out of my pocket and, sure enough, it was from Andy.
Despite my previous annoyance a grin pulled the curves of my mouth upwards as I read what he had sent.

Jst told mi mum and she’s ttly fine wth it!

He told them? That was great! And they don’t mind him being gay? What parents I’d wish to have. My response was pretty quick.

That’s great! So proud of you! You want to meet up later again today? <3

I waited a moment before feeling the vibrations again.

Wud luv 2! Park agen, 3?

I checked my watch and saw the time was 9:30 which would give me a substantial amount of time to draw and perhaps get the day trip with Rosey and Lily out of the way. Mum and dad said I had to take them out at least once a day so I might as well get it done before seeing Andy so I can have something to look forward to.

See you then ;)

I replied.

The fact I’d lost a good image didn’t seem so bad now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys, I'm really sorry that this is so late. Just been some complicated and weird things happening with the family and at home.

Not to mention my first GCSE of the year, 2 science exams D:

Also need to say that updates will be slow for a while while the family thing sorts out.

Hmmm, special thankies to:

Phoenix_xX - Me too :D

holy.is.awkward - Darn it! I thought it wouldn't have been that obvious. Either that or you're just very observational XD *Give you a cookie and some brownie points*

a7x.Sick.Puppie.x x4 - Awww, when I daw I had another 4 comments I was like ":D Well shizzle" and then I saw they were all from the same person and was like "D: Darn it" Not saying I don't appreciate your comments XD Oh and have you finished the revision book? 'Coz I've barely started :D

reapervampire - Heeheee, though I don't really blame them considering the gaps between updates XD Your comments always make me smile :) Thank you

rossakamfzb - Heehee, we never got round to making that vid though :( Ah well, we had a fun time hiding and screaming from someone we thought was my dad XD

StarstripexMoose - 2 months? 2 months?!?! Naughty girl XD But thank you catching up, your comments mean alot to me :) And you couldn't really comment again soon seeing as I didn't update for about 2 weeks XD

For all the lufferly comments, they really mean alot to me guys.

So can you also tell me in the comments if you're liking this story? Because...well I don'tknow, I'm just not sure what you think D:

Heehee

Hmmm

Wow, those comments to you guys were pretty long

Hmmm

Updates will be (not so) sooooon <:)