Misery Loves It's Company

Those Damned Fans

I woke up to the sound of the coffee maker and bowls clattering, which caused quiet cursing. I yawned and got off the couch. Right away I saw Pete, still shirtless, in the kitchen making coffee and a bowl of cereal.

“How are you feeling?” I asked startling him.

He smiled slightly, “Like shit.”

I frowned.

“Sorry, about everything,” he said putting cream and sugar into his coffee.

“What are you doing? You hate sugar in your coffee.”

“I do. But this isn’t for me it’s for you,” he said putting the coffee and the bowl of cereal in front of me. “I would have fixed you some eggs but the smell sickened me.”

“Thanks,” I said smiling.

“I was thinking after you had breakfast we could go for a walk and we could talk,” he said gazing into my eyes.

“I’d like that,” I said still smiling.

“Good,” he said and leaned in to kiss me. I liked this kiss a lot better than the last one we had had. We both broke apart smiling.

I ate breakfast quickly and then took a quick shower and brushed my teeth. Pete did the same.

I pulled on my black ‘Panic! At The Disco’ jacket.

“Do you have to wear the enemy jacket?” he asked tugging at the sleeve.

“It’s really warm,” I said pouting.

“I don’t want to walk around with someone who is wearing that jacket. What would people think?”

“That a fan of Panic at the disco is walking around with an insanely hot guy from Fall Out Boy.”

“You didn’t mention that the fan was extremely sexy,” he said wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing me.

“So you’ll let me wear the jacket?” I asked as he kissed my neck. He laughed into my neck and it sent shivers all through my body.

“Nope,” he said and let go of me so I could take the jacket off.

“It was worth a try,” I said disappointed. I took the jacket off and changed into a plain black one with a skull surrounded by hearts and stars printed on the bottom right corner.

“Better?” I asked putting my hands on my hips.

“Much,” he said and grabbed my hand after putting on his own jacket.

Right when the air reached us I shivered. It was a lot colder out today. Pete put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close to him.

“So are you ready to talk about what happened yesterday?” I asked when we got to the park.

“I guess I should. Now would be better than later.”

“I agree,” I said trying to hide my anxiousness but failing miserably.

“It’s not good news at all,” he said sadly. I glanced at him and saw him look at the ground, his hair falling into his eyes again.

“Do you want to sit down?” I asked.

“Yeah, sure,” he said and we moved over to the closest bench.

“So what’s going on?” I asked turning to face him and putting a hand on his knee. He placed his hand gently over top of mine.

“I got a call from Patrick yesterday. He was at the hospital with my sister. They had gotten into a car crash. My sister had been doing coke for a couple of years, according to the doctor. Her body was already shutting down and the car crash…” he paused and looked down at his shoes. We were silent for a good 15 seconds.

“The car crash killed her,” he choked out.

“Oh Pete I’m so sorry, I had no idea,” I said tears coming to my face. Pete tried not to let it show but tears fell down his face. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly and he hugged me back.

We stayed hugging and silent ignoring the loud craziness around us. That was until we heard a coughing noise. We both looked up and saw Patrick.

“Hey,” Peter said getting up. They hugged shortly. See Patrick was going out with Pete’s sister for about 8 months. They were very close. They met while Pete and Patrick were going over lyrics for a new song. Patrick instantly fell in love and they hooked up right away. Pete and I had been going out for 4 months and we didn’t have as much chemistry as those two.

“Hey let’s get a bite to eat,” I suggested trying to get their minds off of Hillary. I wiped the tears away from my eyes.

“I’m not hungry,” Pat said hugging his jacket tighter to his body as a huge gust of wind blew against our bodies.

“Neither am I,” Pete said completely ignoring the cold air.

“We should at least go inside somewhere so we don’t freeze out here,” I said.

“I guess,” Pete said.

“Come on let’s get back to the apartment,” I said and we all started to walk. The whole way there was silence and sniffling. Tears continued to roll down my face, partly because of the cold but mainly because of the death of a loved one. I stepped in between Pat and Pete and grabbed both of their hands and squeezed tightly. Neither of them removed their hands and they both stepped closer to me.

“Oh My God! Look! It’s Patrick and Peter from Fall Out Boy!” some random girl screamed. Many fan girls around her shrieked and ran towards the three of us.

“Shit,” Pete and Pat said together.

“Come on,” I said and tugged them along with me. Soon we all let go of each other’s hands and ran as fast as we could to the apartment that wasn’t too far away.

“Wait split up! We have to lose them first!” I yelled to the two of them. The fan girls were far enough behind that they didn’t hear the plan. I knew the fan girls wouldn’t follow me but I split up just the same. I ran straight down the first alley I saw and to my surprise 3 random fans followed me.

“Come back! We know that you are dating Petey!” one of them yelled. Petey? I would never call Peter that. My nicknames for him are Pete; sometimes I even called him Lewis or Lewie because of his full name, and Wentz. I laughed slightly and continued to run. Then it happened, I hit a dead end. I ran straight at the wall and came to an emergency stop. My hands flew out in front of me and I slammed against the wall with so much pressure that I heard one of my wrists snap. I whimpered in pain and then turned around. The three girls saw me and rushed towards me.

“Oh my god, what’s it like to be dating Peter Wentz?”

“Do you have anything of his that you can give us?”

“Can you get him to sign my chest?!”

They were all shrieking questions at me and I didn’t want to answer any of them. I held my wounded wrist to my chest and tried to push through them.

“We want Peter’s autograph,” One of them said harshly and pushed me back. She was the biggest and tallest and she was very strong. She was probably around my age maybe a little younger but still about two times bigger than me.

“Well, I’m not Pete am I? Leave me alone,” I said angry. I glared at them all and then I saw the bright flash of a camera. I covered my eyes. The average of the three laughed and hid the camera quickly in her jacket.

“What the hell?” I said even angrier.

“Bring us to Petey!” said the shortest of the three girls. She looked to be in her teens, roughly around 15.

“No, I’m good,” I said crossing my arms but that cause my hand to push against my chest and cause a wave of pain to shoot up my arm. I winced.

“What’s wrong with you?” the average girl asked taking her camera out again.

“Nothing,” I grumbled.

“Fine I’ll take you to Peter. Follow me,” I said and walked past them slowly so they knew I wasn’t going to make a run for it. The average girl walked by my right side and the big girl to my left. The younger one skipped behind us.

I pulled out my cell and dialed Pete’s number.

“Hey, where are you? Pat and I are really worried. We’re back at the apartment.” Pete asked into the phone.

“Hey I’m pretty close to the restaurant that we ate at last week.”

“Hey write that down,” The average girl snapped at the little girl.

“These girls want your autograph,” I continued.

“Tell them I’m busy and come back to the apartment,” he said. He still sounded sad, and I wanted so bad to just ditch these girls and be with him.

“I can’t,” I said pouting.

“What? Why not?”

The big girl snapped at me to get off the phone and make him hurry.

“Just come down here so you can give them an autograph,” I begged sadly.

“Bell are you okay?”

“No. You need to hurry,” I said and the big girl jabbed me sharply in the side.

“Ow! I gotta go,” I said and hung up.

“Is he coming?” the average girl asked glaring at me.

“Yeah,” I said rubbing my shoulder with my broken wrist. It hurt to do that but she hit my left arm and my right wrist was broken. I didn’t have a choice. I couldn’t reach with my left hand.

“So while we’re here we might as well grab a bite to eat,” said the average one.

“Yeah I’m starving!” said the little one.

“Fine, but let’s make sure we get a table outside so we can see when he is coming," said the big girl.

The two other girls rushed inside while the big girl walked slowly inside with me.

“Where did you meet Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz the 3rd? I bet you didn’t even know that was his name. Did you?”

“I did actually,” I said looking around the partially empty restaurant. My eyes opened wide with shock as I saw Joe and Andy sitting in the corner. They were wearing their-oh-so-familiar hats; at least they were to me since I walked around with them sometimes in disguise, and glasses. Right when I had spotted them Joe looked up and saw me. He smiled and was about to wave me over when I gave him a look like pretend-you-don’t-know-me. Joe was one of my bestest buddies. We were really good at sending each other messages just by the way we looked at each other. He gave me a questioning look and I glanced at the girls from the corner of my eye. I gave him a scared look but made sure he stayed where he was. He nodded and turned back to Andy plunging into a deep conversation to make it look as though we had never noticed each other. Yes Joe and I are very complex people when teamed together. It’s funny to try and have face conversations with Pat or Andy because they’ll just stare at you like you are crazy and ruin it all by talking. Pete on the other hand can understand some of it, but he’s not so good at doing it himself. It even confuses Joe and me.

“What’s your name?” the little girl asked as we took a seat outside.

“Look I’m just getting you guys an autograph; I don’t want to answer all these questions.”

“All I asked was what your name is,” she pouted.

“What may I get you 4 beautiful girls?” a male waiter asked. He was looking directly at me.

The youngest one giggled and said, “I’ll have some sparkling water.” She winked. He continued to smile but not as brightly when he had looked at me.

“Diet Coke,” the big girl said.

“I’ll have a lemonade with a lemon on the side,” the average one said.

“What about you?” he asked smiling brighter as he looked back at me.

“I’ll take some ice. I'd like it in a bag please,” I said looking down at my now swollen wrist.

“Okay, so my name’s Sam, call me if you need anything.” While he said that his hand was gently on my shoulder. He didn’t look at me, he looked around the table but when he finished he looked at me and winked. I gave him a disgusted look.

“Oh he was flirting with you,” the little girl said looking at Sam walk away.

“I could care less,” I said and sat back in my chair.

“Bella!” I heard someone shout. I looked around and saw Peter jogging up to the gate of the restaurant. He hopped over it without difficultly and the three girls sighed at his strength. He pulled a chair from the table next to ours and placed it in between the little girl and me. I smiled inside at the fact that he was sitting closer to me.

“Thank god,” I whispered.

“So you guys want my autograph?” Pete asked looking around at the three girls.

“Peter I love you!” the little girl shouted standing up from her seat. She ran over to him handed him a marker and pulled down her v-neck shirt a little. Luckily nothing was reviled.

“Sign my chest!” she screamed happily at him. He freaked out a little and backed away. If it were me I would have screamed and darted away. He grabbed the marker and quickly signed.

“Ahh! Thank you!” she shrieked. “I’m never gonna wash my chest ever again!”

Peter looked at me and we both shared a disgusted look.

“Sign this,” the big girl said. She handed him a bright pink notebook that had sloppy handwriting on the front that said ‘Autographs’. That shocked me because she did not seem like the kind of person who would like pink. Pete signed it none the less.

“Peter can I get a picture of you with your girlfriend?” the average girl asked. “Then another one with me and you?”

“Uh sure,” he said. He scooted his chair closer to me and our faces almost connected.

“Can you look mad at him and not towards the camera?” she asked getting read to take the picture.

"Why?" I asked giving her a questioning look.

“Just do it!” she said annoyed.

Peter and I stared at each other with a confused and weird look, but we didn't want to get attacked by any of these girls so I turned away from him and crossed my arms. I had a nasty look on my face and Peter was trying to reach out to me.

"Perfect," the girl laughed and took the picture.

When it came time for her to take a picture of her and Pete I was ready to leave.Right when the camera went off she had managed to pull his face to hers and kiss him right on the lips. I almost wanted to attack her.

“Thanks so much!” she said smiling.

Pete stood there dumbfounded and looked at me. I was glaring at the girl.

“We’re leaving. Now,” I said right when the waiter came back.

“Perfect timing, give me the ice,” I said and snatched it from his hand.

“Come on Peter,” I said and grabbed his hand. We both quickly left the restaurant and I took a left instead of a right.

“What are you doing, this takes longer,” he said.

“I know but I don’t want them to know the quick way back,” I said still pulling him quickly by my left hand. I let go about a block later and stopped. I placed the ice pack on my hand and winced as the iciness made my hand feel number.

“What happened to your hand Bella?” he asked worried stepping in front of me and taking hold of my arm as softly as he could.

“I hit a wall as I was running away from those damned fans.”

“I’m so sorry,” he said and leaned in and gave me a kiss.

“Am I a better kisser than that girl?” I asked with a smirk.

“Unbelievably better,” he said kissing me again.

“God they were psycho. Oh yeah that reminds me! I saw Andy and Joe in the restaurant.”

“Psycho girls reminded you of that?” he asked completely confused.

“Yeah, well sort of. A million things can go through my mind at once.”

“One of the many things I love about you,” he said grabbing my hand.

“Ow!” I cried because he had grabbed my sore wrist.

“Sorry, come on I’m gonna take you to the hospital. It’s defiantly broken.”

“Oh well, that’s nice to hear.”

“Be quiet, I’m just taking care of you,” he said grabbing my left hand.

“I know. Thanks,” I said smiling.