Status: Not so active, but updates are still underway. :]

Age Is But a Number

Charlotte: A fifteen-year-old girl dealt a bad card. Not only has she run away from home, but once her druggie father found out, he was on the prowel, searching for her, and he will do anything to get her back. And if that wasn't enough, she has a health problem that is getting worse, it seems. Her life is looking pretty bleak.

Then she meets Kevin. He's caring and handsome, she won't deny that, but he's also persistant. She hates it, especially becuase of the obvious age difference, and age difference that seems to fly over Kevin's head. He has the silly notion that she's years older than she actually is. Despite the crush he has on her that Charlotte finds somewhat annoying, she likes having him around. He makes her feel better.

But life isn't that easy. Her father is still after her and threatens to ruin that peace she finds with Kevin, her best friend, and Kevin's younger brothers. When things finally begin to seem wonderful, when things between her and Kevin become better, her father takes it away. Permenantly.
  1. One
    “You - you really did it?” Caitlyn asked Charlotte. “You really ran away?”
  2. Two
    Kevin, too, raised an eyebrow. “I was just offering, Charlotte. I‘m sorry if I offended you.” He smirked, fairly amused with her sassiness.
  3. Three
    He immediately went to Charlotte, assessing the damage she had. She was moaning in pain, curled up in a ball, tears flowing down her cheeks.
  4. Four
    "Then help me find her, idiot," Harold ordered. "She couldn't have gone far. We can find her. Whatever it takes, I'll find her."
  5. Five
    “You know, we do have our own baseball team,” Joe announced, a little smug. “We could, you know, go play ball and we can show off - I mean, play a friendly game of ball.” He leaned back in his chair. “And I can watch you cry as you lose.”
  6. Six
    Charlotte was determined to beat the exhaustion and hyperventilating and pitch again. And again. If she pitched another ball, Kevin would get a free run. She would not have that. Not on her watch.
  7. Seven
    “But I do,” she whispered. “I want to trust you guys - you especially.” Kevin sat, waiting for her to start talking.
  8. Eight
    "What age difference?" Nick asked curiously, wondering why Charlotte would think a two year difference would be a problem.
  9. Nine
    Kevin rolled his eyes and stepped in front of the two. "I was voted one of the sexiest men alive, so hand's down, Frankie got it from me," he explained, then wiggled his eyebrows at Charlotte.
  10. Ten
    Charlotte‘s hand was on his and she stared up at his hazel eyes. “Uh . . . er . . .” What should she say? Weren’t they having a moment or something? “Thank you for blocking the sun?”
  11. Eleven
    As Kevin took a picture Charlotte couldn’t help but stare. Kevin Jonas had a beautiful side-profile. She snapped herself out of it and pulled her knees up to her chest, hiding her blush and her smile.
  12. Twelve
    “Charlie, I . . . I feel like we have known each other more than just a month and a half. I really like being friends with you and . . . I enjoy your company?” He scolded himself for being completely speechless as he tried to confess his feelings for
  13. Thirteen
    “I‘m staining your shirt,” Charlotte whispered, sniffling. When she sniffed she smelled the scent that reminded her why she was upset in the first place. “And you smell like perfume.”
  14. Fourteen
    “I knew I‘d find you,” a soft voice came out from the darkness, soft like the caress of the wind.
  15. Fifteen
    “No,” Nick answered him, his grin growing wider. “You did something very clever and witty.”
  16. Sixteen
    And yet, he still looked at her in a way that made her feel different from all those other girls; it made her feel special, wanted, and safe.
  17. Seventeen
    “I have no such thing as ‘safety’ or ‘safe’ or ‘not dangerous’ in my life,” Charlotte said.
  18. Eighteen
    “Oh, God,” Charlotte breathed, and she looked at Kevin. Memories of his cut wrist and of him nearly bleeding to death flooded her brain.
  19. Nineteen
    It was time Caitlyn enjoyed her alone time with Nick.
  20. Twenty
    “Oh how the tables have turned,” Kevin said, and he pointed the gun at Harold.
  21. Twenty-one
    Even amongst the horrible events of the day, Joe was glad to see that there was still some joy and love left in the world.