Sequel: Hearts On Fire

In the Rose Garden

Chaos

D-LISH EXCLUSIVE: Joe Jonas Engaged!

It seems like middle Jonas brother, Joe, believes in the old saying: age is nothing but a number. Joe, 19, is ready to take the next step with Addison Turner, also 19. The two were seen last night entering Bella Vita for a romantic dinner. Everyone spotted a diamond ring on Addison's left ring finger. A diamond ring on the left ring finger can only mean one thing: Joe and Addison are getting married! Sorry girls (and some boys).

Joe is the first of the three brothers to be getting married. I'll have more information as it becomes available so keep checking back.

I for one, wish these two a long and happy marriage.

Posted by: D


⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

"Oh wow," Joe said and ran his fingers through his hair. He got up and paced the room for a minute.

"'Oh wow' that he posted that or 'oh wow' that that was kind of poorly written?" Addison asked.

"It just might be 'oh wow' to both of those. But seriously, Stephanie is probably going to be so mad about all the damage control she's going to have to do. Normally if we do something major like this, we have to give her a heads up since she's on the front line of defense."

"We didn't do anything wrong though. Who would have thought that giving me a promise ring would incite this type of reaction?"

"It's Hollywood. To them, a diamond ring means marriage and nothing else… unless you're already married. Then it means 'I screwed up and I'm sorry'."

Addison sighed. "There are a lot of rules to follow in Hollywood."

"Yeah, I know. It's tough but we'll manage. We'll get through this. If I-we have to make a statement ourselves through Steph, then we will when the time comes." Joe took her by her waist and pulled her to him. "We'll get through this. If we got through the whole Taylor Swift catastrophe then we'll get through this too."

"Okay babe, I believe you."

"Okay good. Now let's go fix this with my parents before they freak out and flip their wigs."

Addison and Joe headed downstairs and found Mrs. Jonas letting Mr. Turner in. Addison's father stopped in his tracks and looked at the couple.

"Dad, we'll explain in a minute," Addison said before he could say anything. He nodded his head and he and Mrs. Jonas followed Joe and Addison into the dining room.

"We're really sorry about everything. We're not getting married. I gave her a promise ring, not an engagement ring. Well… technically it is an engagement ring but I intended for it to be a promise ring. If we were getting married, you guys would definitely know already."

"We wouldn't have been mad about you two being engaged, we just would have liked some notice first," Mrs. Jonas said. "We're not mad about it. It was just… unexpected, that's all."

"We really are sorry about everything," Addison said, "and I do mean everything."

Joe glanced over at her. Something happened last night that their parents would never know about.

"How'd you even manage to get the ring and everything without even us knowing?" Mr. Jonas asked.

Joe shrugged his shoulders. "They agreed to meet with me afterhours." He decided to leave out the information about his secret meetings with jeweler Neil Lane.

"Hey Addison, can I see your ring?" Mrs. Jonas quietly asked.

Addison and Joe both laughed. "Of course," she responded and passed it to Joe's mother.

Mrs. Jonas studied it from almost every angle. "Nice job, Joe. It's beautiful."

"Thanks," he responded and put it back on Addison's finger.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Addison tried her hardest not to glance over at the photographers that were standing on the other side of the little white fence keeping them from her.

Do you want me to send someone out there for you?

Addison responded to Joe's text while she waited for Kissy. "No, I want this to be as normal as possible. Besides, I don't want to freak Kissy out even more."

Okay. If you do need anything, just let me know.

"Okay, thanks babe. I love you."

I love you, too.

The hostess escorted Kissy to the table and seconds later, Whitney, their waitress took her drink order before walking away. The two girls stood up and quickly hugged before sitting back down.

"Thanks so much for meeting up with me," Addison said as she stuck her sunglasses in her purse.

"Oh it was no problem. I don't work until five, so. It looks like your day has been busy so far," Kissy responded and motioned to the boys standing around waiting for Addison.

"Yeah, I wish they would leave me alone already. They keep asking me about Joe and his publicist has already made a statement about us and told them to leave us alone but of course they never got that memo."

"I don't know if I'd be able to deal with that."

Addison nodded her head. "The only reason I deal with it is because I love Joe more than life itself. If I felt just okay about him I don't think I'd stick around to be honest. Joe's so worth the paparazzi crap though. He's amazing."

"I'm glad to hear that."

"I think you also be glad to hear that I finally said the words to him."

"You did?" she asked excitedly.

"Yeah, I said them to him the other night when we were in New York."

"Please do tell me about it."

Joe sighed and flung himself onto the hotel bed. He reached over and pushed his bag off, sending it crashing to the floor. It landed with a loud thud. He took a pillow from under his head and covered his face with it. Addison sat next to him.

"Babe, it's all right," she said and rubbed his arm.

He sat up and looked at her. "No it's not. I'm getting tired of them constantly asking us that same stupid question after it's been answered a million times. Now I've gone and made us look like some pretentious Hollywood couple who think everything's about them. What a great image to portray to the band's fans."

"No, you didn't make us come across as anything. You're only human which means you're not perfect and your fans know that. In a few days, this whole promise ring-marriage thing will die down and someone else will do something stupid and the paps'll be too busy paying attention to that than to be able to pay us any mind."

Joe ran his fingers through her blond hair and stared into her green eyes. "You're amazing, you know that?"

"I do believe you told me that yesterday but I could be mistaken so you should probably tell me again."

"You're amazing."

Addison climbed on top of him. "Well guess what Joe Jonas? You're extraordinary and I love you." She leaned over and kissed him.

When she pulled away, Joe whispered, "I love you, too" and kissed her.


"Awe, that's so cute," Kissy said.

"It only took me, like, four tries to get the whole phrase out but it's been said. I will admit that we've become that annoying couple who have to tell each other those words every few minutes."

"Well it's better to wear out 'I love you' than to never use it at all. Should everything fall apart tomorrow and God forbid it does, at least he'll know how you truly felt."

"Now that's a true story."

"If you don't mind me asking, why were you all in New York?"

"The boys had a guest appearance and performance on Regis and Kelly."

"Oh, I see."

"Yeah, they have to start doing promo for their new album which also means they have a tour coming up."

"Yeah, I heard something about that. My little sister loves them and has been begging my mom to get her tickets for weeks now. Are you going with them?"

"I don't know. Joe hasn't asked me yet. If he does I'm so going. I could really use some time away from here."

"I don't blame you. I've been thinking about transferring to a school in New York and my girlfriend and I just move out there."

"I am so not the person to ask about New York. All of my experiences have been paparazzi filled so I've never really experience New York."

"In due time, you will."

Addison pulled her phone out of her pocket when it vibrated. She flipped it open to see that Joe had taken to his Twitter account to quickly address him and Addison.

Just to clear up any confusion: @addisonvturner and I are NOT engaged. We appreciate all the well wishes and everything but we're not engaged. Thanks.

Addison had noticed that her number of followers had almost tripled ever since her name was made public via Jenna and Mashi. The tweets to her had been favorable. There have been a couple bad ones here and there but it wasn't anything she couldn't ignore.

Hey, so I posted on my Twitter about us. I hope you don't mind.

Addison quickly responded, "No, not at all. I'll probably post something also in a few minutes. Maybe just a thanks or something."

Yeah, that'd be good. Maybe reconfirm the non-existing engagement. Ha-ha. Thanks doll.

Addison tucked her phone away so she could think of something to say. What was she supposed to say? Mind your own damn business and leave us alone? Dudes, if the Jonas Brothers' publicist says we're not engaged then that must mean we're engaged then, right? Addison couldn't say any of those things. It was mean and it wasn't her.

"What's wrong?" Kissy asked bringing Addison out of her thoughts.

"Oh, nothing. I have to post something on Twitter about me and Joe. Well kind of anyway. Just have to let everyone know we're not engaged but we appreciate the thoughts and everything or whatever."

"I'd been meaning to ask you about that. Between me and you, what's the truth?"

"The truth is: it's a promise ring. Sorry to disappoint. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind marrying him but we should probably wait a little longer since we haven't been together that long if you really think about it."

Addison pulled out her phone to make her little tweet.

To @joejonas / @JonasBrothers fans: even though Joe & I aren't engaged, we still appreciate all the love and support. You are the best fans in the world!

The girls continued to chat and finished their lunch.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Addison entered Violet through the backdoor to avoid the group of paparazzi that was crowded together at the front doors. She clocked in and stepped out into the front by Kim and Lily. They were staring straight ahead at the blocked doors.

"I want to hate you, I want to hate you so badly but I can't because I love you too much," Kim said not once looking at Addison.

Addison patted Kim's back. "I know you love me too much… Auntie Kim."Kim narrowed her eyes and gave Addison a look. The girls watched as she left from behind the counter and approached the front doors.

"Okay, you guys really need to move because you're blocking my entrance and exit and you can't do that."

A photographer asked, "Is Addison Turner in there?"

"That's none of your business. Now leave before I call the cops." Kim shut the door and walked away. "Was your dad mad?" she asked Addison.

"I'm not sure. He just showed up the morning after but he didn't say anything when he saw me and Joe just before we explained everything."

Addison looked over at Lily who was clearly ignoring her. Lily was reading the latest issue of Supernova. She could see a picture of her and Joe from their dinner date and it had an inset picture of a close-up of Addison's ring. Addison had already seen the article courtesy of Kissy and her girlfriend. The article simply talked about Joe and Addison's relationship and gave the details of her Tiffany & Co ring.

"I'm pretty sure he freaked out. You're his little girl."

"I'm his only girl."

"Supposedly…" Lily mumbled as she flipped the page but Addison and Kim still heard her.

Kim touched Addison's shoulder before she could respond to Lily's remark. Addison shook her head and grabbed Lily's arm and pulled her into the backroom. She shut the door so Kim wouldn't be able to hear their conversation.

"You don't get to talk about my family life. You can talk about Joe and or me all you want but you don't get to talk about my father or Denise and Paul Jonas. My family life may not be as perfect as yours and for that reason you don't get to talk about mine. Hate me because I wronged you. Hate me because I betrayed your trust but don't hate me for the people who are in my life who are taking care of me and giving me what I no longer have."

Addison walked away leaving Lily by herself. Lily pulled one of the chairs out from under the table and sat down. She had intended on apologizing to Addison today but she couldn't bring herself to do so. She had told Garbo about the fight she had with Addison and he made her realize she didn't really have room to talk. She and Garbo were now living together which was a step further than Addison and Joe. He made her realize that Joe was literally smitten with Addison and he had never felt that way about anyone. He also made her realize that Addison wasn't being any less of a friend.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Nick watched from across the room as Addison finished up the last song she would need for the demo he was making with her. She straightened her small stack of papers and stood up. She jumped when she noticed Nick watching her.

"You scared the crap out of me," she said as he approached her.

"Sorry," he apologized, "but you seemed to be in the zone so I didn't want to bother you."

"Oh."

"Yeah, since I'll be bothering you a lot over the next few days so…"

Addison noticed that Nick seemed to be nervous which was unusual since he was never nervous around her.

"Nick, are you okay?"

He ran his fingers through his curly hair and stuttered, "Y-yeah, I-I'm fine. I just-" He took a deep breath and unexpectedly kissed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback kudos: Giselle, Jenna, Katherine, Katherine, Lela and Mashi

Disclaimer: Diego "D" Neri and D-Lish belong to Lauren Conrad and her L.A. Candy series. I do not own them and I make absolutely no claims to them.

I feel that this one kind of doesn't really go anywhere but it's still a chapter. Read into the Nick passage however you want.

As of last chapter (or the one before that…), this story has officially reached ten stars! This is my first story to ever do that and I have you girls to thank for that. Special thanks to my most frequent commentators (you know who you are). Because of you, I keep writing this… and because Addison and Joe still have quite a story to tell.