The Other Waldorf Girl

Chapter 1

Winter 2007
I stepped out of the limo in front of my mother’s penthouse in New York City into the cold winter air. I was finally back from living in France with my father and his amazing boyfriend in a “flat” as they put it. I walked to the door after thanking the driver and rang the door bell. I heard foot steps and I held my suitcases tightly in my hand.
Finally…
The door opened to reveal a beautiful young man with golden blonde hair and green eyes.
“Brooke..?” he said as if he asked a question and his voice rang like a familiar melody.
“Nate!” I shrieked dropping my bags jumping in his arms wrapping my arms tightly around his neck and laughing as he held me tightly.
“Nate. Who is it?” A familiar voice said and I opened my eyes to see my sister standing facing me. Glistening brown hair and the same doe like brown eyes that were envious for most. I let go and dropped my arms from around Nate’s neck and left my bags where they were. I hugged her and she reluctantly hugged back.
“Brooke what are you doing here?” she asked as we stepped back and Nate walked towards us.
“Mom didn’t tell you? I’m staying to finish senior year, isn’t that amazing.” I said and she let out a sarcastic laugh. We walked towards the living room and I sat across from Nate and Blair.
“Yeah amazing.” She said and gripped Nate’s thigh tightly and I looked down quickly.
“So what’s new with you?” I asked.
“I’m with Nate now.” She said bitterly. I smiled innocently and looked at Nate who looked uncomfortable.
“Really congratulations, Nate, how long has it been?” I said
“Since a month after you left.” She said before Nate could get anything out.
“So Nate, not Blair, how have you been?” I asked looking at Nate.
“I’m fine, everyone’s great, but, I really should get going so you two can catch up. Blair, we’re still going out tonight right? Brooke you should come too so you can catch up with all of us.” Nate said and if looks could kill Blair would be his murderer.
“I’d love to.” I said and Blair rolled her eyes. Dorota handed Nate his coat.
“Hey so, which one of us is a better kisser?” I asked as Nate put on his coat after Dorota had left.
“I don't know, let me check!” He said coming towards me first.
“Ok no, fun's over!” Blair said separating Nate and I first and I laughed loudly taking out my ponytail. Blair escorted Nate to the door and stormed back into the room.
“What do you think you’re doing?” she squealed.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about Blair Bear…” I said picking up my bags and handed them to one of the housekeepers. I came and sat back next to her.
“Don’t give me that, what happened back in France that dad kicked you out? Drug overdose, Herpes, teen orgy?” she asked.
“No, is it so wrong that I want to see my big sister.” I said.
“Brooke, I don’t know what you’re up to, but I’m going to figure it out.” She said and I laughed.
“The only reason you do not like me here is because it doesn’t fit into the little movie script that you mistake for your life.”