Running Wild in the Night

Wreckage In The Fast Lane

Still Brian's POV

I watched as Nikki pulled a water bottle from her messenger bag and twisted its cap off. She had told her story which took forty-five minutes away from the hour long class, leaving us fifteen minutes to ask her questions. Several of us were just in shock from what she told us. I just couldn't believe all the things she told us but something told me that there were other things that she kept hidden. By this point in time, I had learned that there were some things in Nikki's life that she never told us.

"What happen to your father," Dan, one of the jock basketball players, asked.

"He was sent to jail for child abuse but died last month," Nikki answered as she tighten the cap after taking a drink.

"What happen to Danni and Morgan?"

"Danni, I think, got arrested again. She's been getting arrested a lot lately for a lot of DUI's.......or at least that's what I've been hearing. And Morgan....he's still around. He's still around dealing drugs. He actually contacted me not to long ago but I told him that I was going to stay sober this time."

"I heard that people tend to lose weight when they're on heroin. Is that true," Maggie, one of slut cheerleaders, asked.

Yes, I did just call her a slut. She will open her legs to anything that has two legs and a dick. She's been trying to get into Jimmy's and my pants for awhile now. Hell, she's been trying to get into everyone's pants.

Nikki looked at her and nodded. "Yeah its true. I lost forty pounds and at the moment, I'm only eighty-seven pounds. When I first was in that looney bin, I was barely seventy-five pounds. Everyone tells me that I still need to gain some weight."

A couple people gasped as Nikki said howmuch little she weighed. She already told me so it wasn't that big of a shock but it still was a shock. I benched pressed twice her weight and more.

Nikki looked at the floor, listening to all the questions being asked of her. "What are you going to do now?"

"Learn how to paint again, do the college shit, I don't know."

"Well, Nikki, thank you so much for coming in and telling us about what its like being a heroin addict. Hearing it from someone whose actually gone through everything is so much better when getting that message across," Mr. Kilroy said as everyone began getting up.

Five minutes before the bell rang. Nikki just nodded and replied, "No problem. Hopefully no one will go through what I did."

He nodded as Nikki got up and walked towards us. Jimmy instantly gave her a hug when she was near enough; we could hear him mutter, "Good job, Coley. You really made a lot of people think about life."

She just nodded and smiled. "Good. Then people won't attempt to start chasing the dragon."

She was going to stay the rest of the day with us so that she wouldn't be alone at home which made me a bit happy. I wouldn't have to worry about her being bored and trying to find something to amuse herself with.

I mean, ever since I asked Nikki to be my girlfriend, I've been thinking of her a lot. Not just in the sexual way but I worry about her. I get a bit frustrated when she goes on her tangent about how fucked up she is when I say that she's amazing. Nikki's just one of those types that will always be on your mind forever and I love it.

"So who are you going to class with," Val asked as we all stood in front of our lockers, gathering our stuff for our next class.

Nikki shrugged and replied, "Who has an amusing class next?"

"I do and I think you should ditch these losers and hang with me," Nathan Stillwell said.

He's the star quarterback on the football team and loves to get girls. He makes it a point to know every girl that's step foot into Huntington High and bang them. There are few girls that hate him, Val being one of them. And trust me, behind those pretty boy good looks, lies the biggest asshole you could ever meet.

Nikki looked at him, narrowing her green eyes. "I rather not. You're dissing my cousin and his friends. And two, you look like some boy band wannabe or like one of those asses at my old school," she retorted.

I smirked as Nathan looked taken back. Apparently no girl has said that to him straight to his face before. "Aw, don't be like that-"

"She said no, Stillwell, so leave her alone," Jimmy yelled, slamming his locker door shut.

"What if I don't want to," he taunted, getting closer to Nikki.

"Then you have to deal with me," I said, stepping in.

Nikki looked at me and shook her head slightly. "You? What are you going to do, Haner?"

"Keep my girlfriend away from you, Stillwell."

"You're girlfriend? You're dating some crack head heroin addict? Just when I thought you could sink no lower, Haner."

Oh that just made my blood boil. He just insulted Nikki, right in front of my face, after she just told us what she went through. Not only did he insult her in front of me, he insulted her in front of her. I was about ready to say something when someone grabbed him and threw him against the lockers. We all gasped, including the random spectators, as Nikki had him pinned against the locker, her hand wrapped tightly around his neck.

"Don't you dare call me that, you fucking male slut. I went through more shit then you will in a lifetime. And don't you dare insult Brian either. You do and realize this: I'm not afraid to make sure that you have your lungs ripped out, you're skinless, and your six feet under. I will cut your balls off with a chainsaw and force them down your mouth, jackass. I will make you wish you never were born," she whispered in a menacing voice that could making the bravest person around cower in fear.

Jimmy grabbed her and pulled her off. Everyone gasped as they saw that where Nikki's nails were, his skin was red. A few more minutes of pressure and his neck would have started bleeding. A smirk formed on my lips as I wrapped my arm around Nikki's shoulder. "Mess with my girl, why don't you," I said as Nikki laid her head against my chest, "Next time, Jimmy won't be there to pull her off you and you will have a reminder of her."

Nathan slid to the ground, watching as we walked off. I guess Nikki made an everlasting impression on him and anyone else who attempted to fuck with her. Nikki looked at me and said, "Sorry."

"Why are you sorry? He insulted you and Brian. I don't blame you if you ripped him a new one," Zacky said, a bit shocked with Nikki.

"Yeah, Coley. Stillwell deserved it. He insulted you and Brian," Jimmy said.

"I could have gone into one of my temper tantrums."

I sighed as I kissed her forehead. "I have a girl that can stand up for herself and can strike fear in anyone."

~Nikki's POV~

I looked up at Brian and smiled. I knew I had a guy that wouldn't treat me like some porcelain china doll. For once in my life, I had a guy that actually cared. Sure there were male figures in my life but not like Brian. I had my "fellow" drug buddies, my dealer Morgan, and my poor excuse of a father. Its no wonder that I had a negative attitude towards the male portion of the human race. But Brian changed that. Brian, Jimmy, Matt, Zacky, and Johnny........they all changed that idea in my head. Thank god for them.

"So whose class are you going to next," Johnny asked as we walked out of the hallway.

People gave me looks as I passed them. I'm guessing because they were in that psychology class or they saw what I did to Stillwell. Either way, nobody bothered me. "I don't know. Who has a funner class?"

"The only one that has a somewhat amusing class next would be Brian and me," Val said, "We both have government with Dr. Swartz, aka the communist teacher."

"Your teacher's a commie," I asked, interested in the idea.

"We all think she is," Brian said, a hint of laughter in his voice.

"I guess I'll go with you two then," I replied, giving Jimmy a hug before I left to follow the two.
♠ ♠ ♠
a bit of a filler but it kinda sets it up for the next part. Class with a commie teacher. My AP Government/ AP Comparative Government and Politics teacher is really cool though a lot of us think she's a commie.