Running Wild in the Night

An Angel's Kiss in Spring

Brian's POV

"So how was your day," Suzy asked as I walked into the house.

I tossed my backpack ontomy brother the couch as I answered, "Fine. Nikki came to my psychology class and told us what it was like for her being a heroin addict."

"Really? Was it hard for her?"

"I think it was. I mean, she stopped a couple of times, but I don't know. I just know it was hard hearing all the things she's done," I answered as I went through the fridge.

"That girl went through so much. I know that her life is going to get so much better now," Suzy said, getting McKenna a juice box.

"It better be. Nikki's gone through enough shit for a lifetime. And fucking Nathan Stillwell calls her a crack head heroin addict right in front of her when she refused to go anywhere with him. I think she knew that he wanted to get in her pants but to call Nikki that.......," I growled, sitting down with a red bull in my hand.

Suzy gasped as she soon as she heard what Stillwell called Nikki. "He called Nikki that? To her face? What do you?"

"I was about ready to beat the living shit out of him when Nikki pinned him against the locker and scared the living shit out of him," I replied, a smile forming as I recalled the picture.

My Nikki wasn't some pansy ass; she can stand up for herself. It makes me happy to see that. I hate it when she's crying, it hurts like hell to watch that. Or hearing what it was like for her being an addict…………that was painful to listen to.

"Yeah, I heard about that. Stillwell's apparently scared shitless to go anywhere near you now," Brent said, walking in.

That made me smile even wider. My Nikki has a reputation at my school and she doesn't even go there.

Nikki's POV

I laid on my bed as I started working on some drawings. It feels a bit odd doing something I haven't done in so long but for some reason, it feels great.

Jimmy came in, kicking the door open, with the guys and Val following him. I'm beginning to wonder if they are like a herd or something. "Coley bear," Jimmy called as he sat on my bed, right in front of me.

"Yeah?"

"We're all going to be hanging out and we don't want Brian to miss his favorite artist."

"Brian has a favorite artist? Is it Monet?"

"No, its you, silly," Brian said, grabbing my sketch book.

I instantly attempted to grab it from him. I was paranoid about letting anyone see what I was drawing now that I'm starting to believe I can do something artistic again. For some odd reason, I was scared to let anyone see them just yet. Brian laughed as he walked off, "Why won't you let me see what you're drawing."

I glared as I jumped onto his back, yelling, "Because I don't want you to! Now give it!"

"Damn, she really doesn't want anyone to see what she's drawing," Zacky said, watching me attempt to grab my sketchbook.

"She doesn't let anyone see what she's drawing," Jimmy answered as he began looking around my room.

His eyes stopped at the un-finished painting that was kept in my room.........well, it wasn't un-finished anymore. He picked it up and then looked at me. "You finished it," he whispered.

That's when I fell onto the floor, on my ass. I looked at the painting and actually had a good look at it. It was still the ocean but with a sunset, tainting the sky with pinks and oranges. A plane was flying by, flowing behind it was a little banner that read "Avenged Sevenfold will Rule the world....." It was a little joke to me and it was amusing so I painted the plane.

"Yeah, I finished it," I said, getting up.

"You actually finished it."

Again, I nodded and grabbed my sketchbook from Brian. "I know that."

"You actually finished it," Jimmy yelled as he hugged me, spinning around.

Val looked at it and simply said, "Nikki, its amazing."

"Yeah, when did you finish it," Zacky asked.

Jimmy put me down and I kinda swayed around, trying to gain my senses back. "Uh, when Brian asked me to be his girlfriend."

"So you and Brian are dating," Matt said, smirking.

Brian nodded and helped me sit down. The room was still spinning and I was getting a headache. "MAKE THE ROOM STOP SPINNING," I yelled.

Everyone just laughed at me.

Brian's POV

We ended up going to the beach for a little bonfire sort of deal. The guys were setting up while Val was out getting sodas. I was supposed to be helping when I noticed that Nikki was MIA again. I looked around but I didn't see her. Jimmy looked at me and shook his head, knowing damn well that I was looking for Nikki. "Try the cove, Brian. That's where she usually went when she'd visit and where usual she goes to do some art stuff," he said, throwing some driftwood into the pile.

I nodded and headed that direction. As I got closer, I could see Nikki's figure, sitting on one of the rocks, huddled over her sketchbook.....the one that she refuses to let anyone see. Hell, Jimmy isn't even allowed to look at her drawings. I wouldn't be surprised if she had a lock on the damn thing, that's how paranoid she is about it.

"Hey Nikki," I called, walking closer to her.

She looked up and instantly closed the cover. I rolled my eyes as I took a seat next to her. She wore a pair of flip flops, black shorts, and a hoodie that she left open, revealing the purple and black bikini top. This gives me more proof that she has a fucking fine figure.

"Hi," she said, laying her head on my shoulder.

As you can tell, Nikki's not much of a talker after she's done drawing but she's still amazing. "Why won't you let me see your drawings," I asked, looking at her sketchbook.

"Because."

"Because isn't an answer, Nikki."

"Why do you want to see them so badly," she asked, tossing a rock into the water.

"Because, I just want to see, Nikki."

She sighed and placed the book on my lap. "Fine," she muttered, tossing another rock.

I opened the cover and saw it was the only picture that she's ever let anyone see: the picture of me and the guys at practice. There was more detail and shading and it looked finished. I flipped through the pages. There were a few random drawings, a flower, animals, and things to that caliber. I turned to the last drawing that was still in the works. My jaw dropped.

"You're drawing me," I asked.

Nikki mumbled something as she stared the ground.

This girl is so damn confusing but that's what attracts me to her. I placed a finger under her chin and moved it so that she was facing me. "What," she asked.

Nikki's POV

Brian then placed his lips on mine, cutting me off before I could ask anything else. I just gave him, thinking that Brian was probably one of the few people I trusted. Hell, I let him go through my sketchbook. What this guy does to me.

He pulled away, breaking the kiss. I looked at him as he whispered, "You are too damn amazing."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not updating until I get all the characters in Super Smash Bros Brawl.